**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

Building my first IGT G20 machine with AVP 3.0 (625) from scrap parts..

(1/2) > >>

Swhowardno1:
I stopped being a slot tech 20 years ago, but I never stopped tinkering.  I finally gathered enough spare parts to build a budget G20 machine.. i found a full wired G20 trimline cabinet with top monitor $30 minor damages from being dropped off truck sideways  :duh: , AVP 3.0 625 CPU with HDD $80, fam 20 boot and show bios chips $120, 2 thumb drives full of game loaders and licenses with 10 games each $200, power supply $45, ekay 9 $100, fam 20 diagnostic $25, huge assortment of bill validate and printers FREE, advanced Tito $45..

I am assembling all the parts right now, but i still need PDF of manual and information on how and where to get OS or accent help for after assembly.. unfortunately most of my experience stopped in the 3902 era of dlot machines... so if anyone can help me get started in setting up all software from scratch it would be a huge help.. :EmoticonHelp4:

Thank you all for helping everyone learn so much from your experience.. i probably wouldn't have gotten this far without weeks of reading everyone elses posts..

Swhowardno1:
See i already goofed snd posted it in reel slots only, could some kind moderator move it to appropriate category please.. :duh:

Tilt:

--- Quote from: Swhowardno1 on March 23, 2024, 04:03:42 PM ---See i already goofed snd posted it in reel slots only, could some kind moderator move it to appropriate category please.. :duh:

--- End quote ---

Moved.  No problem, that was easy. 

Good luck getting your machine put together and running.  It's fun taking a pile of parts and turning it into something that actually works.  You'll learn a lot in the process too. 

I don't know of a .pdf how to for setting up Fam 20 games on a G20 or G23.  There's been a couple of users here who have done it, but I think they were using 660 CPUs.  I'm sure you need at least the video card from a 660 to make it work. 

Hang in there and I'm sure someone will who has done it will drop in and offer some advice. 

Swhowardno1:
Here is my cabinet,  and i see the Power supply connection is 24 pin, anyone know if it takes the s2000 power supply mounted upside down, pins seem to line up perfectly.

I slso read many times that the Fam20 gameson a G20 with 3.0 625  cpu is unrealistic, so i am probably going to start with Fam14 OS, i already have game loaders and diag key 14-23, but i will need an Ekey 7 soon. i don't know if the cpu is already loaded with OS when i bought it.. haven't had enough parts to test it until now..i see i hzve purchased way too much stuff, and i will start posting some of my spare parts for sale soon.

RB:
The S2000 PS will work but you need a different mounting bracket. I have one if needed. I also have the upper door if you don't have one.
Do you have the BV housing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version