Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
Coin Comparitor Issues
(1/3) > >>
Gasman:
Hi Everyone,  I was given a Red/White/Blue Slot machine by someone that had issues with the coins falling through to the tray.  Originally I found the control board battery was dead so I replaced it and reset the game.  This game is set to take nickels and they just keep falling through back to the tray again. If I push on the test credit button I can put up to 3 credits on it play them normally.  I don't know what coin comparitor model number I have so I can get out the meter and start checking voltages and troubleshooting.  The candlestick on top of the machine has a white light on top and red light on the bottom. The top light is off and the bottom one is flashing fast.  The red light on the comparitor comes on when the door is shut and locked so I know the sensor on the door are working.  I don't know a lot about slot machines and this one is getting nowhere.  I Think it's an IGT S+ system but I could be totally wrong.  BTW, yes I have a coin in the test coin spot and I have tried different nickels with no success.  I don't believe that "rake" coil is pulling in but it's difficult to check when the door has to be shut to power the coin mech.  Any help woulp wound be greatly appreciated,   THANKS!      Bob

Sorry about the sideways pic's fixed
Stayouttadabunker:
You're right about the rake.
If it doesn't energize and pull in, coins get routed back into the coin tray.
If the rake pulls in, coins fall to the coin hopper, or down to the drop hole under the machine.

Turn the coin comparitor sensitivity potentiometer dial all the way counter-clockwise with a small screwdriver until it stops.
That will help you get better coin acceptance and pull the rake in to allow the coins to slip by the rake and go down into the left side of the coin-in optic boards to get registered as a credit.
If not, wiggle the small connector that has two gray wires on top of the coin comparitor....that's for the rake's coil magnet.
The pins might be oxidized....wiggling the little white connector promotes better electrical contact on the male pins inside the plug housing.

Is the slot hole on top of the button deck large enough to accept a quarter thru it?
If so, change the sample coin on the coin comparitor to a quarter and try that.

The coin guide ( IGT calls this the "coin encoder" ) sandwiched between the coin-in optic boards underneath the coin comparitor, may be too large of a gap for the smaller nickel to register a credit....could possly be just missing one of the three  infrared light beams.... because it's too wide for the width of a nickel.
Ony way to know for sure is to take apart the sandwich and see what con encoder is inside.
Sunrise Side:
The comparator is 24VAC. You can open the belly glass, drop the comparator out the front  and close the door if you want to see if it is powering up. As bunker mentioned, turn the sensitivity fully CCW. The cap on the camparitor board is probably bad and needs changed.
Stayouttadabunker:
His S+ is an older model....I'm afraid to say Sunrise, it doesn't have a belly door.
Gasman:
I adjusted the sensitivity pot on the coin comparitor and it started to accept nickels into the hopper but, they are not registering a credit.   The candlestick is still flashing fast on the bottom, off on top (door open/ idle).  I read this should shut off after playing the first "paid" spin.  Test credit still works, just doesn't register coins.  I took apart the small bottom boards that have the 3 opto's and cleaned with a Q-tip and alcohol.  The IR LED's are working (used my cell camera).  Not sure how to test the black receiver's. Any idea's?????   And where can I find a parts list for the opto's and receiver's.....or a new board?  I tried using quarters but, they won't fit in the coin slot on the outside of the machine. 

For some reason the pics don't want to post right!

Thanks,
Bob
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version