New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SAD NEWS!!!  (Read 23513 times)

Offline 474lsa

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • 474lsa New User barely matters.474lsa New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: SAD NEWS!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2021, 10:14:53 AM »
So sad to here this.  Grateful that I have been able to be part of this great community that Joey founded!  My condolences to the family.  Rest in peace and thankyou for all you have done for so many!
Greg

Offline used slots machines

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • used slots machines New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Sales of used slot machines
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 10:42:15 AM »
I,ve knowing joey for over 20 years worked with at money machine in reno  Joey you will be missed love you brother

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 11:12:03 AM »
 Scotty and family ,

Very sorry to hear this news, Joey was a good man and father. My sincere condolences to you and your family. As many members have expressed, we all help each other in times of need, you know we will be here to help.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline krissy

• NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • krissy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2021, 03:48:03 PM »
thank you to friends of the site for your kind words.
 we as a family have come together to continue the shop and continue dads legacy.
i love you dad i will miss you everyday and i know buzz was waiting for you with a high middle finger.
again thank you for your support as we continue through this time, we love the story's we are seeing of our farther.

goodbye dad  :odie:

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 06:38:50 PM »
Just in shock.  Condolences to you and your family Scotty.  Joey was one in a million and will be truly missed by all.

Jim

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2021, 06:43:56 PM »
So sad to hear this news. I never met Joey in person but I did meet Buzz. They are in good company and like others have stated, now there are two middle fingers pointing down on us.
I'm devastated really sad and angry that covid has taken another.
Scotty and Krissy so sorry for your loss.
Hard to believe how sad I feel.
Time passes so quickly and I believe we all need to take step back and remember this site is about personalities and the people.
Joey always treated me with respect and it's news like this that hurts so bad.
RIP Joey

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2021, 06:58:53 PM »
I am saddened to read of Joey‘s passing. I never met him in person or talk to them on the phone. I was introduced to NLG by a friend after I purchased my first S2000.. It was in pieces and missing a piece of glass. I was able to find the parts and received the help to get it running. I’ve been here ever since. I’ve learned from many people on the NLG sight. I was taught the Bally EM and E1000/2000 Ballys from people like Barry Fox. Sorry for jumping off track, just started reminiscing about all the good times I’ve had an hours I’ve spent here on New Life Games.
My condolences and Prayers 🙏🙏 go out to you Scotty and family for the loss of your father. May he rest in peace and be cooking tacos with Buzz up in Heaven. I can hear Joey & Buzz.. Fuck Covid.. 🖕🖕
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ChrisColumbus

• Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2021, 08:24:25 PM »
So sad to hear this news. Prayers to all!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2021, 09:48:44 PM »
I haven't been on the site for awhile and fortunately a friend sent me a text. Condolences and prayers for Joey's family. May NLG continue in his memory. RIP Joey.

Offline 61Wally

• Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2021, 12:30:19 AM »
WOW, This is the second devastating news over the last few days. My old boss at the Electronics Warehouse where I worked and got a lot of my parts just passed on Friday And now this, I’m shaking so bad for ALL of the LOSS, that has just occurred. I’m fairly new to NLG, and I wanted to share something with YOU ALL. I have dementia, and I got into slots to help me with it as well as loving electronics. JOEY would take the extra time with me, even call me back after hours to help me fix machines. I have fallen in love with this hobby and it’s helping me a lot with my issues. I’m so GREAT-FULL for finding a human being that cared about other people. He will be missed deeply. I KNOW His kindness and knowledge has touched others as well just by the way his NLG teammates have been sharing their kindness and help to me. I will continue my adventures in the Slot Machine World, ALWAYS remembering JOEY for the WONDERFUL guy that He was and will be in heaven.
To ALL at NLG, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME TO BECOME PART OF YOUR FAMILY.
Again,as I wipe these tears away, I will miss him dearly.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 05:04:46 AM »
Rest In Peace Joey. Thank you for this great site.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
So sorry to hear of this terrible news. I had the privilege of meeting Joey a couple of times at the shop and he was always incredibly friendly and nice. Rest in peace, and my condolences to the family and friends.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »
  This is very sad to hear.  While I never personally knew Joey.  He did make a positive footprint it the slot world.  This has to be respected!

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Offline DB26

• Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »
Terrible. My condolences.
-Robert

Offline ALIDMAN

• Reputation Power: 34
  • ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 02:44:57 PM »
As you go through life , you meet different people , some you remember , some you forget and some just change your life for ever , Joey was that person , what he did for all of us is second to none , NLG is his legacy and I know he wants to be there so anything we can do please let us know , his web site helped paying bills , making new friends , finding answers to lots of questions , and most of all , he never asked for much , if you needed help  he would have take his time to help you or connect you to the right person , the way you can tell you have great friend is to look back and not having one single bad memory from them , rest in peace brother and thank you for everything , ALI

Offline brichter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • brichter New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 10:07:20 PM »
I am absolutely devastated by this news.

Joey, Captain Happy, myself and StatFreak are pictured on the home page together. under the heading of NLG Members Pics.
Its one of my absolute favorite pictures with "the guys" and I will miss him terribly.

I was in Laughlin in 2019 with my 88' year old father and we got in a cab and told him he just had to meet Joey.

My message  and I don't care what your politics are: is get vaxxed.
It won't stop the virus but it might keep you from an early exit. Life is short enough.

I echo Marks sentiment. We'll do whatever we can to help you in any way to keep NLG going.

Hi, Jay! I remember taking that picture, Statfreak was so worried I was going to drop his camera! I also remember several great trips down there with my daughter, both in the summer and the winter.

I still have a hard time believing it... keep me posted on how stuff is going with the shop and family.

Offline brichter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2021, 10:14:03 PM »
Just to let everyone know the site and shop will continue to be open I will be stepping up to fill his shoes big as they may be if any of you have any questions please let me know on here or call the shop thanks.  :odie: RIP DAD may you be fixing the slots up in heaven

So sad to hear about your dad, condolences from Linda and I! It's been years since we've gotten down that way, I haven't even been to the new shop yet. Your dad is up there with Buzz, drinking coffee and talking about us.  :yes:

Offline brichter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2021, 10:16:56 PM »
Hey NLG family! Many of you may not know me, I'm Joey's oldest son. I know a bunch of the original members will however.

When Joey (dad) started this website it was originally because I had created a admittedly terrible NLG site for him. In a push to get dad to follow his dreams I created a basic and basic HTML new Life games site. Him being who he was looked at it and immediately said he had a better idea. He then spent the next month creating a web forum for slot people. And we see where that took him.

He was always a project minded and went all in when he set himself to one.

We will all miss him deeply!!!

As Scotty said, he will be running the store and shop. I will be there to help him and make sure everything goes as dad would have wanted.

I encourage everyone to post you memories of Joey, he would want that.

He's on the big reels in the sky with Buzz.  :odie:

Here's a couple pictures from back in the day, one is the Gang at lunch, and the other is me after hiking a mile back to the shop when my truck blew the head gasket on one of the 4th of July parties. The heat kicked my a$$!!!

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2021, 06:36:02 AM »
I didn't know Joey personally but wanted to send my condolences to his family and friends.  This website is a great source of info for thousands of slot owners and brings together their knowkedge.  Many thanks Joey.  RIP God Bless and watch over you.

Offline captainhappy

• NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • captainhappy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 04:34:11 PM »
Thanks Guys for all of the Great posts and stories!! Keep them coming!

I know that the Carruther's Family and the NLG Family are very comforted by them!

It is great to see so many of my old friends sharing the Love!!!

:yourock: :thankyou:

CaptainHappy :CaptainHappy:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal