New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 2nd reel coil locks - IGT-S three reel game, five lines  (Read 2131 times)

Offline SummitTrouble

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • SummitTrouble New User has no influence.
  • NLG
2nd reel coil locks - IGT-S three reel game, five lines
« on: November 26, 2019, 03:49:08 AM »
I have an annoying problem on start up, the second reel will lock when I close door and gets me a tilt message call attendant. After I press reset button on CPU board, and reopen door and close door, the reels kick off, but 2nd reel stops, solenoid kicks and stops reel, and get tilt message again, after two or three times of opening and closing the door, the second reel will continue spinning and game completes it start up sequence, and insert coin lights up and game is the playable. Could a weak battery cause this 2nd reel locking down too soon? what causes the reels to lock down after intial spin on start up? any ideas are greatly appreciated. What say you Jim? thanks guys, Carl H.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 2nd reel coil locks - IGT-S three reel game, five lines
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »
By chance is reel seated in firmly? Sometimes they are out just enough to create resistance against the closed door, causing a tilt error. Pull it out a little and give it a firm push in.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 09:56:49 AM »
Somewhat confused by the title and the description of the problem, maybe a picture would answer a lot of questions ( a picture is worth a thousand words)

from the description "call attendant" would lead me to believe you are talking about a S-2000 machine??

if that's the case, sounds like you have an enhanced 1270 cpu with 363 game chips in it, swap them out for a set of 523 or another 500 series game chip and that problem will disappear.

if you need chips,  contact RB on this forum, he may be able to help.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
Is this the machine you're talking about Carl?...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:21:20 AM »
If that is his machine, then its a "M" series machine, probably the reset wheel is broken apart, the originals were made out of cork and they would crumble after a while. you can enter the test menus on that machine and check the kick off, stop and optics  of each reel kicker assembly,  also another common problem was the ribbon cable on the reel kicker, hard wire the connections, that would solve any intermittent problems.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »
yes, that is the machine, it's S-2000? I couldn't remember. I re-seated the reel mech, it's acting a little better, but still have to open and close the door several times before game will go on line and play. I was looking at the ribbon wire for the kick off and brake solenoids, I did inspect that and moved it some to make sure the connections were good, hard wiring that is a good idea, after I pulled on that some, the game did start working on first time after shutdown. I have another IGT game where I replaced the kick off cork bushings with steel bearings I got from somewhere you told me about, and that fixed that game. Here when the reel kicks off, the stop solenoid kicks in, the reel has plenty of speed. I'm not sure what chip you are talking about, I can take a picture of the board after TG, getting jammed up ready to cook the giblets to make stuffing. Takes me 4 hours to boil it all down. Cooking for TG is getting old here.

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
As Jim stated, you do have an M series, not an S2000.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
After the reel stops and the machine scrolls "Tilt call attendant" turn the jackpot key, then it should give you a reason for the tilt.  Too slow, too fast etc.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »
I took the reel mach out, the 2nd reel kick off bushing (the cork) was all busted up, I looked in my $1 machine, and found some an extra replacement (these are steel bearings) and replaced it. Seems to have cured the problem. Does anyone remember the company where you get those steel bearings to replace the cork kickoffs? I couldn't find the invoice where I got them, darn! Thanks again for all the help, and thank Jim, do you know where the bearings came from?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
Thank-you, I'll order two more, do 1st and 3rd reels.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal