New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT M Slot - Reel 1 slow tilt  (Read 2544 times)

Offline SummitTrouble

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • SummitTrouble New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT M Slot - Reel 1 slow tilt
« on: December 11, 2021, 04:51:03 AM »
hello again, I am getting a slow reel 1 tilt, I replaced the kick off bushing with a new replacement bearing type, and worked fine, now I'm getting a reel slow tilt, is there any adjustments to the kick off mech? After resetting the slip bolt a few times, the reels will kick off and the coin insert bulb lights and the game will play normal, just wondering why I have to slip the bolt up and down so tilt clears.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT M Slot - Reel 1 slow tilt
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 08:47:25 AM »
If you move the reel kicker to a different position does the error follow? 

What is a slip bolt?

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 10:06:36 AM »
the round lever you use to open the door, lift it up and machine door opens, I'll switch the kick off mechs around tomorrow morning and see what happens. I'm  just looking at the number 1 kick off assembly, seems ok.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »
Oh ok. The door latch.  The optics move when you do that, so it's the same thing as opening opening and closing the main door.  That's what's required to acknowledge the error.  Not sure where you have the machine located, but it it's cold you'll get reel too slow errors. 

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 11:15:59 AM »
The machine is in climate controlled lower level, it's 70 degrees, gas furnace. I went ahead and switched the kickoff assemblies between #1 and #2 reels, left all three brakes off, put the reels and shaft back in the slots, checked the reels by spinning them, they spin nice and free, and lo and behold, turned the game on and shut the door, coin entrance light came on, put a quarter in and the games plays without the tilt message. Thanks again for your help Mr. Tilt! Hopefully it will continue to play trouble free this time! What about parts for these games, like the kick off assemblies, anywhere to get them? I know Summit is pretty much done, except for Dick Harkey out in CA. So my problem is resolved for now thank goodness, bothers me when 1 of my machines isn't working correct!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 11:44:20 AM »
OK. just thought I'd mention that.  My M slot is in my detached garage with no heat (in Michigan) and it'll constantly throw reel tilt errors when it's cold, that I do know.

Glad to hear it's up and running again. 

Parts can be difficult to find.  I bought a set of reel kickers a year or so ago from one the vendors here on NLG that was parting one out.  You can check with the vendors on the home page and one of them may be able to help or steer you in the right direction. 

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »
thank-you for the information, the gentleman I got the 2 IGT games from shut down years ago, he had a warehouse full of parts and games to be re-conditioned. R&J Slots wsa the company name. Have no idea where all that stuff went. Thanks for the help, just glad game is running correct now, I guess I can open the door and let it warm up some before it is played, but so far, no more slow reel tilts. It stays about 69 F in a walk out basement. I can wait until I see next gas heating bill..... Regards, Carl

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 08:58:07 AM »
Hello again, what about the spring that kicks off the reel? Any advice about the specs of the spring or replacements? It seems that kicker isn't as strong as the other 2, all I can see is that the spring isn't pulling the kicker off arm as strong as the other 2 kick off mechs. Any help is always greatly appreciated. Regards, Carl H.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 09:29:49 AM »
I think your best bet for that is to take the spring off and take it to a hardware store.  Maybe you can match it with a suitable replacement there?  The manual doesn't show a parts breakdown for the reel kickers.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 10:16:03 AM »
I saw that, no parts numbers at all; I found an online place called zoro.com that specializes in springs, I'll see what they have to offer once I measure the spring, learning way to much about springs today.... more than I want to know, I switched #2 kicker to number 3 and 3 to 2, and it quit tilting again, but the#3 kicker isn't as strong as #1 and #2, it was originally in #2 position, and that is where I was getting the slow reel tilt. I'm in no big hurry, have to measure that extension spring and go from there, a pain. thanks again, regards, Carl H.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal