New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers  (Read 37869 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »
Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers............... Yes we get them "believe it or not".......  and will be posting them here for you to enjoy......  :applause: :applause:

Authors Names are withheld to protect the guilty...
  :arrowthruhead: Naaaaa if they Sign their name to it... So be it.. We will post it..!!!!!  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: We understand that you can't keep all the people happy all of the time....

:fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: but what the hell.........   :duh: :duh: :duh:

:soapbox_3: I will not be personally responding to these emails.......  But instead will be letting you the NLG Community
respond.  :soapbox_3:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:49:17 PM by Joeylc »
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Re: Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
Hi Joey,

In the New Forum I see I cannot post a WTB in the classified. It is only for contributing members? What does that mean? If I want to sell something or buy something (not posted already) I cannot make a post? I don’t get it. I can spend money with the best of them. This cuts me out big time. I really hate to hijack a thread, again unfair to someone else and me.

I think this is being done because a few people came in like gangbusters and pissed off a few folks. So, because of that I get penalized? Really?. I show as a new member but I am not. I never received an activation notice that I can remember so I started a new member account on the new forum.
Joey, I really don’t think this is fair in any shape or manner. I await your reply to put things in perspective.

Authors Name withheld
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
The way I see it there are three ways for you to become a contributing member. money, services, or knowledge shared. Some of us like to think we do all three, and then we have a awful lot of members that only take and not give anything back to the forum. Now if I have my facts correct and I think I do, Joey carried over the " Contributing Member " status from the old site to this one. this tells me you have never made a donation to NLGs ! So now I ask you, which of us is being punished, myself and a lot of others that feel we pay our share, or you that pays nothing but wants all the perks ??

You as a regular member can make all the post you want to, you just can't post in the classifieds. ( you also can't post in the Mod section, the SR. section, or the Vendor section, does this bother you ??) If  I had my way about it you wouldn't even be able to log on unless you were a "Contributing Menber"  " you play you pay " 

If you go to the old site and look at the members list, I saw one member that registered in 2008 and is still considered a new member, why, because he has never made a donation !!  You know Joey has all these bells and whistles on this new site maybe he will change member status to Mods, SR members,Contributing Members, Regular members and lastly Free loader members. ( Tight Asses )
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »
Without being rude and I do not know the member being discussed I have to agree with Buzz on this.  It is very easy to be a contributing member with a small donation.   I have made many over the years,  My member status did not transfer over but the cont. part did.  Was all fine with me.  I like the new site and the way it is set up and also which is very impressive that Joey is very involved with it and many other key intellegent folks that makes all this happen. Most here don't have ANY problems with making small donations even if monthly, etc.   

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »
:soapbox_3:     Sorry but I have got to add my 2 cents...    :soapbox_3:

Volunteer to moderator a topic, write up a FAQ on how to use the site.... or how to setup a game platform....  :propeller:

Constantly Volunteer to answer new users Questions ??? ? "Yes the dreaded Slide to replace coin Question"  :banghead:

And as a way of saying Thank you we will make you a contributing member or if you have enuff time in a SR member for Life.  :applause:

You will see a lot of contributing member and SR member Tages on the site.

Just a FYI: Only About 2% of the members are Paying members so It's not about the money..!!!!!  :talktothehand:

Just like our Banner Ad Space on NLG is NOT For Sale.
All Banner ads are given by NLG To Trusted Members in Good Standing Within our NLG Community.  :cool_thumb_up:

Sorry but this reminds me about the guy that comes over to your house for a party.
Drinks up all of the beer, Eats up all of the burgers, Complains there is NO live band.....  :chug:

But when the hat gets passed around to get another Keg of beer...Or a Run to taco Bell... He's Out the back door... C-ya...  :wtf1:

:yourock: A lot of good people have spent hours and hours over the years keeping NLG Going and making sure the lights stay on....  :yourock:
                              If you want to know who they are... Just look for the members badges... They earned them.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flaming: Joeylc  :nlg_ADMIN_NEW:

we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:37:40 PM by Joeylc »
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • brokenticker New User barely matters.brokenticker New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Hate Mail, Legal threats and Unhappy Campers BUZZ 4 PRESIDENT !!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »
I 100 %  agree with buzz, This site cost a lot of $ and time , I think every member should have to donate to use NLG, 

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
Hummmmm .... lets see. How much does flebay charge to sell an item ... every time you sell one. Ok just contribute 1% to this site and see what you get. But ... dont do it and it should be your loss. Which is a better bargain? and which folks would i rather hang with? Now that you see me here, you know my answer and know the best place to be ... among friends willing to help.
Figure it out ...duh
Me
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »
Only 15% of members are contributing? ??? ? Are you KIDDING ME??!!? Shut the site down to freeloaders....that is RIDICULOUS!!!!! Joey, that is worth logging in every day for, much less, putting up with any petty BS. The way I see it, if someone wants access to the extensive knowledge base that has formed here, the personal attention, and all the info and coaching that goes along with it, then they WILL pay for it!!!

I expected that number to be much, much, MUCH higher, and frankly, I am ASHAMED of all of YOU (as if you DON'T know who you are) that have browsed the site, GAINED knowledge, and have GIVEN NOTHING IN RETURN. So...you fixed your game and are now enjoying it??? Well, we did more than the seller did for you, obviously, what's $20-30 to show your appreciateion (try calling a TV or electronics repairman (if you can find any!), and see what he charges, lol)!!!!! OHHHHH but wait, you think this slot machine thing is an easy gig, bought a machine off Craigslist, got it working thanks to this site, sold it, and are now rolling in the dough, without any kind of donation? ??? May Karma eat your ass for breakfast, my friend....as that is EXACTLY what you deserve...and if you don't believe in Karma now, you will someday....trust me, you will someday, lol.

FREELOADERS: Do to others as you would have them do to you....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:58:29 AM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:28 AM »
Only 15% of members are contributing? ??? ? Are you KIDDING ME??!!? Shut the site down to freeloaders....that is RIDICULOUS!!!!! Joey, that is worth logging in every day for, much less, putting up with any petty BS. The way I see it, if someone wants access to the extensive knowledge base that has formed here, the personal attention, and all the info and coaching that goes along with it, then they WILL pay for it!!!

I expected that number to be much, much, MUCH higher, and frankly, I am ASHAMED of all of YOU (as if you DON'T know who you are) that have browsed the site, GAINED knowledge, and have GIVEN NOTHING IN RETURN. So...you fixed your game and are now enjoying it??? Well, we did more than the seller did for you, obviously, what's $20-30 to show your appreciateion (try calling a TV or electronics repairman (if you can find any!), and see what he charges, lol)!!!!! OHHHHH but wait, you think this slot machine thing is an easy gig, bought a machine off Craigslist, got it working thanks to this site, sold it, and are now rolling in the dough, without any kind of donation? ??? May Karma eat your ass for breakfast, my friend....as that is EXACTLY what you deserve...and if you don't believe in Karma now, you will someday....trust me, you will someday, lol.

FREELOADERS: Do to others as you would have them do to you....

It's not that bad... We now have over 65 Moderators, Staff, Vendors and Sr Members..   :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The 15% was ONLY paying members...
not counting the 65 above... We would rather have moderators then the funds...   :Crazy:

The site is more than paid for with the Bettor Slots Company... Drawing... and we Thank JIM  :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

So in the run down more then 45% of the site users support NLG in one way or the other. That's something to be proud of..:yes: :yes: :yes:

and unlike some other site/forums NLG Welcomes new users with open arms...   :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up:

I have been on some other site that are down right nasty!!!!!!  God forbid you ask a quest in the open forum.!!!!!
You will be chastised and treated like shit.. for not using the search first.. or asking a question.. that has already been answered in another topic....

Has this happened to you on other forums ??? :soapbox_3: :soapbox_3:   I'm done  :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: back to codeing some new pages....

Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »
Ok, we'll that makes me feel a little better, but it still pisses me off to know the lurkers are out there and won't throw a few bucks in the pot for the help they receive!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Merlin

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Merlin New User has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
I wouldn't feel right about myself if I were to judge someone else based on their contribution (or lack there
of). If I have the knowledge I am happy to share. I'm going to take a guess here - the folks who don't give
back are probably narcissistic in other areas of their lives. That's the path they decided to go down and they
won't get to know how fulfilling it is to help others. That's what it is about for me, at least.

If the forums were burning a hole in Joey's pocket then that's another story. If the costs were not covered by a
small group of generous members then I can see myself feeling differently.

:fuel_on_fire:

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
REF Freeloaders, permit me to make a suggestion from my own experience: give a newbie, say, 5 posts, after which
expect him to chip in. With rare exception, his first post will be asking for help; and with equally rare exception more than
one of our many decent and generous members will have pitched in to assist. At that point, it's time for him and us 
to decide if he's a one-time rider, or a new and willing member of the community.

Think of it as a "qualification" period; and recognize that this community is unique.

As a solid participating member of multiple other forums,  my eyebrows hit my hairline at the response my first
few "HELP" requests met on NLG. Trust me, if this is the only forum you frequent, you cannot imagine the level of
assholism obstreperousness  that pervades so many others. On the NLG forum, you will never meet the
kind of know-it-all, "I'm a superior being" dickheads individuals you will meet anywhere else.

As a result, I'm now a dedicated NLG member, pitch in constantly whenever I can help (often with information
I gathered here), have thrown a few bucks at the site in appreciation, and look forward to the postings of new friends
I have met, and expect to meet virtually every day.

It seems to me that a group like NLG can give a first-poster a little leeway, to learn how different this site really is.
...and then nail the selfish sob!  :Slap:

Thanks guys for all your help and generous friendship; here's to you all  :cheers:

Offline roboto

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • roboto New User has no influence.
  • NLG
unfair
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 11:41:43 PM »
Its unfair that the moderators delete accounts that go year without posting.
I visit the site when i can. Gaming isnt my only hobby.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:18 AM »
I do not think a post limit would be helpful.
The new person might have happened to NLG via a search about a new to them machine but they may have knowledge about other games, jukeboxes, etc, etc.

Anyone  contributing their knowledge is contributing to the site.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: unfair
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
We understand the hassle of having to create a new account every year or two when a problem arises for you, but to maintain this site properly so it's still here when you come back we need to set basic standards and requirements people have to live by. At the end of the day this is still the best place on the internet for slot enthusiasts to find info, ask questions and learn about a lot of things coin related beyond slot machines. And all for free! Nobody gives anything for free anymore. So, glad we can be here to answer your questions when you have them and also glad the occurrences of problems on your machines is few and far between

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »
Uh...what Buzz, Roz, Joey, Jim and Foster said!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 10:12:32 AM »
Anyone  contributing their knowledge is contributing to the site.

:agreepost: :agreepost: :agreepost:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:32 AM »
 had this conversation with one of the members the other day that I would like to share. He said this forum is like when this group of guys get together and meet at your house for a BB Q and beer. Usually someone will bring someone new along with them for the party, never fails they always run out of Beer. And it never fails when they start passing the hat around for a collection to get more Beer it's always the same ass holes can't be found to chip in. No one expects the new guys to chip in, they are guest and shouldn't have to. The question becomes, how long are they a Guest before becoming one of the group ??

Foster Assuming 15 guys go to this BB Q, sit around and tell jokes ( sharing knowledge ) they run out of beer, I guess that's the end of the party, they all shared knowledge and no one expects them to chip in cash for more Beer.

SolidSilver I don't agree on the 5 post idea, Some folks come on here and make a few post, get their machine working and never come back, that's OK with me. The fellow that pisses me off is the guy that has hundreds of post and years on this forum and never made a donation, or the guy that sent in 20 bucks 4 years ago and is still riding on that coat tail.

Merlin  I don't know what your saying, the way I read it it's OK for a few to pay for the mass. I guess that depends on which side of the boat your sitting on !!  So it's OK with you if the site pays for it's self and Joey isn't out  of pocket anything. Oh I  agree with you, Joey had this idea a number of years ago and started NLGs, no way can I see that he should make a buck or two off of it. Or the 500+ hours he just put in on coding this new site. Let's see 30 bucks a hour that's 15 grand. F**k Joey he doesn't deserve anything !!!

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
Rob  His Post is Bull Shit. Hes been a member since 12 30 2012  44 post and a NON-Contributing NLG Member

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=8377
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:49:44 PM by Joeylc »

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »
buzz I added a link to your post above...
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal