New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Seeburg Slot Machine help needed  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Slot_Machine128

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Slot_Machine128 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Seeburg Slot Machine help needed
« on: January 23, 2023, 02:18:51 PM »
Hi I figured this would be worth a try but I just recently acquired a Seeburg / Williams slot machine which isnt accepting coins and just drops straight out. I dont think the coin mechanism is being magnetized to accept the coin. Anyways I found a few wires that are not connected but uncertain where they connect too. Also this does not have a door lock and was thinking maybe thats my issue but once again uncertain.

Hopefully someone on here with a seeburg slot would be able to work with me on there wiring layout to see where these 4 wires would go.
Ill try to attach pictures soon.

Thanks in advance

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
Re: Seeburg Slot Machine help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »
Pictures below

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
Please post a photo of the entire machine.
Also post a photo of the coin mech or coin comparitor, whichever it is.
Those wires might be some kind of bypass.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 05:36:13 PM »
Sorry these are the only ones I have. Let me know if you need more

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 10:01:37 AM »
Can you post a photo of the COIN mechanism or comparitor, whichever it is?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 02:18:47 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Here’s the additional photos

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 10:08:17 PM »
If anyone has a Seeburg Slot and is able to get me some pictures of the layout I may be able to figure it out. Does anyone have any of these models? :(

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 06:11:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I'm the admin here and spend most of my (sometimes many) hours per day here in the background.
I'm asking the basics and hoping another member might chime in.

Can pull the MPU (the computer board) out and take a GOOD photo of the entire board?

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 06:40:45 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I'm the admin here and spend most of my (sometimes many) hours per day here in the background.
I'm asking the basics and hoping another member might chime in.

Can pull the MPU (the computer board) out and take a GOOD photo of the entire board?

No worries and I appreciate it! As for the MPU dont think these had them? Above the machine there are a bunch of wirings and things but nothing I can pull out??

Im pretty sure its an easy fix as the wires need to go somewhere but without knowing much about these and no schematics can be a bit challenging. :(

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »
Slot_Machine128,

Welcome.  I had a similar Seeburg about 25 years ago.  These are electromechanical and do not use any pcb boards.  The one I had was a Jokers Wild.  I had a manual too.  Unfortunately, I sold that stuff off and have forgotten a lot about those games.  These basically work like a Bally and have a lot of contact switches which are probably your issue.  Hopefully, you will be able to locate some sort of manual.  Wish I could help more but memory is not on my side with that game.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 08:34:24 PM »
Here is a link to a document with some em information. I'm not sure if it will be of help, but hopefully it's good for something.

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/wmseman.pdf  He is probably a member here.

Thanks,
Wayne.

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 10:32:08 AM »
Slot_Machine128,

Welcome.  I had a similar Seeburg about 25 years ago.  These are electromechanical and do not use any pcb boards.  The one I had was a Jokers Wild.  I had a manual too.  Unfortunately, I sold that stuff off and have forgotten a lot about those games.  These basically work like a Bally and have a lot of contact switches which are probably your issue.  Hopefully, you will be able to locate some sort of manual.  Wish I could help more but memory is not on my side with that game.

Thanks for the response and no worries.

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 10:33:31 AM »
Here is a link to a document with some em information. I'm not sure if it will be of help, but hopefully it's good for something.

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/wmseman.pdf  He is probably a member here.

Thanks,
Wayne.

Thanks for the link. Its a bit confusing when I glanced at it so will try to review it again. I really didnt think it would be this hard trying to find someone who has these machines or info on them. :(

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2023, 02:41:04 PM »
is there a model number on the thing someplace?  I think I have a couple schematics for williams games.

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2023, 03:15:43 PM »
is there a model number on the thing someplace?  I think I have a couple schematics for williams games.

Last time I checked I couldnt find anything indicating a model number. Ill try again later today.

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 04:48:11 PM »
model numbers I've seen are things like 3LG-1, 5-MF-1.  A P- prefix would be a progressive.

if no model, can you post a/the picture of the reels again with the door open so as many symbols as possible are visible?

do most of the coils have a red wire on one lug?  The coin lockout coil have a brown/yellow wire?

the coin lockout coil is behind the coin acceptor mech ... you need to remove the mech to see it.  A picture of what's behind the mech would be good.   

if ya aren't familiar with the mechs, there's a couple tabs on each side at the top you lift up, then the top pivots out and you can lift the mech up/out.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 05:38:33 PM »
 Have you tried manually coining this machine up using just the coin switch?  When you say the coins just drop thru.  Do they go into coin tray on the door, or do they drop into hopper?

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2023, 05:45:47 PM »
Have you tried manually coining this machine up using just the coin switch?  When you say the coins just drop thru.  Do they go into coin tray on the door, or do they drop into hopper?

Basically when you put in the coin it drops in the coin tray on the front door. This doesnt have a lock so Im wondering if the wires went to the lock like Ive seen on some of the Bally machines but not sure.

Offline Slot_Machine128

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2023, 01:25:55 PM »
model numbers I've seen are things like 3LG-1, 5-MF-1.  A P- prefix would be a progressive.

if no model, can you post a/the picture of the reels again with the door open so as many symbols as possible are visible?

do most of the coils have a red wire on one lug?  The coin lockout coil have a brown/yellow wire?

the coin lockout coil is behind the coin acceptor mech ... you need to remove the mech to see it.  A picture of what's behind the mech would be good.   

if ya aren't familiar with the mechs, there's a couple tabs on each side at the top you lift up, then the top pivots out and you can lift the mech up/out.

Ok so I was able to find a part# on the actual reel unit. 3LF-2 Does that mean anything?

Offline wolftalk

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2023, 09:40:04 PM »
kinda.

the only 3L schematic I have I cleaned up a little and stuck in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/williams/

how close to your game it is I dunno, but the manufacturers tended to keep the same circuits and wire colors if they didn't need to change them. 

the more pictures of the guts of your machine you can take/post, the better.  If you can take the highest possible resolution pictures and email them to slotpics@cdyn.com, I can put them on the web site with the schematic for people to look at (NLG picture size limits can be a problem) ... or put them on a cloud drive/file sharing server someplace. 

the "coin lockout relay" is what is behind the coin mech and causes coins to reject back to the tray when the game is not ready to accept coins. 

why the game isn't ready could be a number of things ... pushing down the coin switch wireform as 63mini said if the handle cannot be pulled usually does something.  If the game is fully coined (insert coin light off), then triggering the coin switch may not do anything noticeable.

if the coin lockout armature plate is still there and not hacked, but the relay is disconnected, then coins would always reject.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal