New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Pink panther  (Read 7384 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Pink panther
« on: June 19, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »
Hello,

I just bought an IGT the Pink Panther slot.
Model number 96433600 is written on the identification plate.

I have had and repaired many electromechanical or electronic e-series machines from Bally, but never any IGT and none as recent as this one either.

The machine turns on and nothing happens when I try to put a token in the coin comparator, I noticed on the card that there are two piles present, a green one of 3.6v which announces 3.8 v and another plate which is 0.8v for 3v.
The screen on the top of the machine is not functional either, nor do I know how this part of the machine opens.

Can you tell me what I need to do first to test and restart this machine?

Any advice will be welcome because I am new to this type of machine
Protect yourself well

Offline filounet

• NLG
Re: IGT Pink panther
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 06:04:56 AM »
I changed the 3v battery but still nothing at the level of the machine, here are some pictures of the slot, thank you for your precious advice
Does anyone have the same machine to make sure I am not missing anything on the CPU?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:37:47 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 05:12:23 AM »
Open the door, turn OFF the power switch.

Lift up slightly on the chrome player tracking plate from the bottom slot above the door.

Once you get the chrome plate off, gently lift up on the glass and it will come up above the metal tabs holding the glass in place....be careful here.

There is a knob on the left side of the LCD display.

Pull out and the LCD will swing out towards you.

Take a photo of the harnesses connecting to it from the back wall inside the topbox to the LCD.

We will be able to get your machine running.

Right now it looks like you don't have anything on the reel glass blue VFD display panel showing anything.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 09:01:49 AM »
Thank you for your feedback and your time, here are the pictures
Protect yourself and your loved ones well

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 09:03:35 AM »
The continuation and end thank you

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 09:58:41 AM »
1st problem I see is your I/O board is NOT connected. I highlighted it in the picture.  the harness probably fell behind the hopper. Connect that back and see if there is anymore problems.

Chris

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »
Here is a pic of what the harness looks like

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
1st problem I see is your I/O board is NOT connected. I highlighted it in the picture.  the harness probably fell behind the hopper. Connect that back and see if there is anymore problems.

Chris

That harness is only needed if you have backlit reels. That machine does not have backlit reels.  It does have backlit strips though. EDIT: after seeing more pics it does not have backlit strips either.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 02:17:51 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »
I confirm that this connection cable is not present in the machine  :Scratch-Head:

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
I confirm that this connection cable is not present in the machine  :Scratch-Head:

sorry all of mine are backlit including my vision

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »
It is by seeking that we find and all advice is good to take  :hail:, thank you for your help  :thank_you:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 10:51:35 AM »
Great to see the top glass. :drool04:  I have that same kit but my top glass is wrong.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 04:29:55 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »
That is different glass than I have seen. Great that it is 5 coin top glass also. I would check the power supply behind the reels. Sometimes during transport it will slide to the left and unplug some. No displays point me there. Where are you located? Someone might be close by.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline gameking6

• Reputation Power: 13
  • gameking6 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 11:23:59 PM »
That game is AWESOME! When I looked it up, I could only find 1 video (the rest were some awful video slot with rockets).
How many of the short video are there?
Does any one have a video of what happens when the Panther makes it down the ladder? 
I look forward to seeing it running real soon. If anyone can get it going its the guys on this forum.
Best of luck.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2021, 05:23:29 AM »
I like the sizes you used in your photos....that's what I do....excellent!

Okay, I circled in yellow one of your photos of the back of the LCD monitor.

The connection is the netplex and power Molex.

The orange, black, and red wires are the power wires while the green ones are for the Netplex communication between the topbox LCD and the machine's MPU below.

There's actually two types of COM...the other being the the other smaller Molex connection with the three grey/black/yellow and white wires but our main concern is the power wires to the LCD.

Can you follow this harness to the back of the topbox?

The other end should be plugged into what is called the "Power Distribution board"....basically it's a small circuit board that acts like a power strip for various power or Netplex connections....check to see if it's plugged in.

Also, check to see if that small circuit board has a short similar colored harness that goes towards the left down into another plug that runs down to the bottom of the machine on the backplane board.

I don't know if you have a multimeter or know how to use to use one...but it would be a lot easier to just undo the Netplexharness  Molex from the LCD and stick the probes into the Molex and see what voltages are coming out of them.

Offhand, without me going into any shchematics or drawings and not being near a machine at the moment, I think the orange wire and ground will give you 24-25 volts, the red wire and ground will shoot out 12volts.
I don't like how tight that orange wire is comming out of the harness on the LCD.

If you were to remove the back cover, you would see four wires running to the back of the circuit board inside that runs to a Molex header that is EXACLY like a power connector on a 1990's desktop computer.

That plug I actually use to test LCD monitors with a desktop computer power supply!

Also, if there's a jumper across upon the two pins behind the RAM memory cards next to the leftside LCD fluorescent invertor board, you will see everything pop up on the screen during boot up!

There's also a battery inside the LCD that needs to be checked on the LCD computer board as well..it's one of those coin cell batteries and should be over 3 volts.

I DO have a question..history...do you ever see this LCD come on?

If your zip code is too far from mine @ 12910, maybe I could troubleshoot it for you on one of my Visions...or a member closer to you could look at it for ya?

One way or another, we'll get this puppy up and running for ya...I have the exact same 5 coin Pink Diamonds glass/ strip kit running on the floor at work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:54:20 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 05:35:02 AM »
The ribbon cable under the circled Molex connector looks loose.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 05:48:46 AM »
This is like reading a good suspense novel, I really hope you get this machine running, it is absolutely beautiful!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 05:52:15 AM »
I agree...and that big heavy coil on it doesnt help one bit!.... :rotfl:

I think that ribbon cable is for emotive light that surrounds the LCD display.

I've never had one of those "surround" lights.

When building Visions, I always got the LCD computers without them.

I don't know if having it disconnected would interfere with the LCD from turning on?

I DO have another question for the owner though....

The topbox glass has a progressive label in the jackpot award window...does the machine have a progressive meter display on top of the topbox?
All I saw in your pics are the candle and fan harnesses.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
Sorry but I did not understand everything, that's a lot of information for my little brain, I will relate it all tomorrow with a rested head.
I live in France near Paris so it might take a long time to meet you and I'm sorry.
At start-up, the LCD screen turns pink and then goes out completely, I did not see a disconnected molex but two wires not connected to the lock for which I unfortunately do not have the key.
I never saw the machine working nor even its LCD screen on, the person who sold it to me had not restarted it for 3 years and he played with it at home knowing that I have known him for many years and trust him completely, thank you for your great help and support for this reboot

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 10:37:39 AM »
The following

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal