New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Display passes self test(repeats)  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Bettyboo430

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Bettyboo430 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Display passes self test(repeats)
« on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:33 PM »
Machine worked perfect. Brought it home and played a few times and now it won’t get past display passes self test and the bill validator makes a quick noise like the gears turns for a quick second and the mpu flashes red and the top two yellow lights every time it makes the noise. That also flashes the self test pass on the screen.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:54:56 PM by qbert »

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
Re: Display passes self test(repeats)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 06:57:59 PM »
So if I unplug the dollar bill unit it doesn’t make the noise and the displays just stays on netplex is down. When I got home I took the dollar bills out of the box and put it back and that seems to have created my problem.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 10:33:27 PM »
Sounds like something probably rattled loose during transportation.  First thing to check is the power supply behind the reels, make sure it's fully seated in it's connector.  Then pull and reseat the MPU board and see what happens.  Do it all with the power off of course.

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 08:32:33 AM »
I was thinking that but it worked when I got home   I pulled the bill can out and took the money out put it back in and this happened. It looks like everything is seated correctly. I will double check the power. Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 10:18:54 AM »
Things work themselves loose sometimes, after moving machines around.

Also, that's not good if the bottom red led light on the MPU is lit up.

If you know how, post a good hi-def photo of the MPU board.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 11:09:44 AM »
When I put the new board in everything worked great. Got the machine home played a few times. It had 10 credits so we hit cash out. It said hopper was empty(it wasn’t) made sure hopper was plugged in. I removed the bill can and took the 5 ones out and it hasn’t worked since. On power up it says passed display then the bv makes a quick cycle noise and the display repeats the cycle of saying passed display test. When the bv makes the cycle noise the red light and the top 2 amber lights flash over and over. If I unplug the bv the screen goes to netplex link down. It seems like everything went haywire when I removed the dollar bill box.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 02:09:59 PM »
wow...Glad you took a pic of the MPU. :Take_a_Photo:
I've never seen SG000035 chips....those SG chips on your MPU are from 1998?  :sherlock:
The MPU is from 1997!!! :cool_thumb_up:
Even your Version chip is older than dirt. haha
What game are you playing?  :scratch-head_3: :scratch-head_2:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 03:23:09 PM »
2 coin red white and blue

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 03:25:51 PM »
wow...Glad you took a pic of the MPU. :Take_a_Photo:
I've never seen SG000035 chips....those SG chips on your MPU are from 1998?  :sherlock:
The MPU is from 1997!!! :cool_thumb_up:
Even your Version chip is older than dirt. haha
What game are you playing?  :scratch-head_3: :scratch-head_2:

The machine was working great. It doesn’t recognize the new 5 10 20 100 but ones worked fine.

Offline Tater

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Tater New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »
Betty

Give a very firm tug on the cash can, it should not come out without pressing the releae lever.

I know many times mine feels completely in, when in fact it is not.

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023, 03:50:41 PM »
Will try. Thank you.

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
Box is in as tight as it can. Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 04:33:41 PM »
Okay...you have an old S+ game kit in there....I just noticed the SB001000 and SS reel chip.

Thread carefully, your cabinet and  your MPU is old as they get for an S2000.
Hopefully it's not dying out from acidic corrosion due to a once leaky Varta battery that was removed too late.
The very fact that the red led is lighting up on the MPU is bad news as well.
Did you do what Tilt suggested yet?

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 04:56:16 PM »
This is a new(old board withvarta removed) board from someone on this forum. It worked great all day at work and when I got home up until I pulled the bill box out. I checked all the connections. I did just notice when I power up the red light and 2 yellow lights flash along with the bill validator in the door.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 05:06:04 PM »
Show us your bill box.
Do you have a dishwasher machine?

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
I do have a dishwasher. I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just find a new bv, power supply, and maybe another mpu just to have. Seems like everybody is amazed at how old everything is.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 05:46:55 PM »
oh okay...I thought you had an MEI CashFlow with the plastic cashbox.
Problem with those ones is a plastc prism inside that gets dirty and the fix is to just run them in a dishwasher upside down.

You have the much older WBA bill acceptor....there's no prism on these metal cans.
They're built like a rock and will last FOREVER...these metal acceptors and cash boxes are good if you maintain them but there's no way that it's the cause of your present problem.
I will still say that your main problem is the power supply box but I haven't ever heard that a bad power supply will shoot off a red led on the MPU.
Normally, the red led on an mpu lighting up means that something on the MPU went bad...hopefully it's just the software...that's easily replaceable and not costly as a new MPU circuit board.
SHop around for a power supply....you're going to need one soon anyways if you plan on keeping this machine.
The caps dry up inside these machines from the excessive heat, poor, cigarette smoke clogged fans, and die off.
The fans motors work too hard drawing too much amperage trying to turn the stuck fans and kill the power supplies.
Check and replace your cabinets' fans too...make sure they spin freely when powered off....should not be any resistance.

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2023, 05:55:24 PM »
Thank you for the response. It didn’t seem like that would cause it. Maybe just a coincidence. I guess I need to find parts.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2023, 08:29:55 PM »
If you made sure the power supply was properly seated then replace it and see if that solves your problem. 

Offline Bettyboo430

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2023, 12:13:27 PM »
Thanks to all a different power supply fixed all my problems.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal