New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 5 reel dim led reel lights  (Read 803 times)

Offline rarestamx

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • rarestamx New User has no influence.
  • NLG
5 reel dim led reel lights
« on: March 09, 2023, 02:08:12 PM »
my s2000 5 reel with led back lit reels, Has worked perfect for 13 years. They other day I noticed they are dim, When they light up the pay line. Ran reel light test. None burned out. All 5 reels so 15 bulbs work dimly. Replaced backlit controller board with new, And cabinet I/O card with tested, Also switched reels with known working set. Have looked at harness for some external ground. Do not see one. Any thoughts what may be going on with this. Thanks for any ideas.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 5 reel dim led reel lights
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 06:27:12 PM »
When you ran the reel light test, did the lamp get brighter or stayed somewhat dimmer?
Pull the reel strips off, put aside and run the test again.

Personally, I'd be downloading schematics from the NLG file system and try to understand how much amps/voltage runs thru there at certain game events that make the lamps brighter.
In fact, I do believe there is a worksheet in the S2000 files that troubleshoots backlighting.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rarestamx

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:26:16 AM »
Bunker Thank you, Lights all stay the same, Test or game play. Tried searching S2000 files, But it wont let me.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 11:40:30 AM »
Yeah....I wished I would of checked before I posted that.
I didn't realize that you weren't a "Contributing Member"....you've been on here since 2009 for free??!?!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :fryingpan: just kidding.

( rarestamx feelin' all guilty now)  :Crazy:

Lemmie see what  :nerd: I can find....haha

Click on photo below....13 volts should be going to the lamps.
I don't know how many amps when they're supposed to be lit up tho?
I'll bet ya all you need to do is follow that harness back, spray a little De-Oxit on the male pins inside the connector housings, and you'll be shining bright again?
You can get the electronics cleaner at auto parts stores too.
Just get a small can, you don't need much.
It's mostly alcohol....quick-drying but please turn OFF the power switch before spraying...needs some time to dry up.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 11:56:10 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 12:01:53 PM »
I think I gave you the wrong drawings above.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Offline rarestamx

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 01:05:50 PM »
Lol, contributed since 09 till couple years ago.  never had problems so let it laps, Time to fire it back up. Will look over what you sent. Thanks.

Offline rarestamx

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 12:48:38 PM »
Have been testing voltage all is good, Unplugged all wiring. Wiggled wiring at plugs while in reel light test mode. I have very dim, brighter, and flashing very bright now. During game play hits are half bright but no bright flash like test mode. Have heard it maybe a 1270 board or sg or sb chip problem. Pulled the mpu to reseat chips, Noticed on the Enhanced Memory board. What looks like wax on the u9-c10 chip, And a trail of same running down from u11-c13. I'm assuming that I should replace it next, As I do not have a spare 1270 to try. Cant post pics, sent a couple to Bunker, Maybe he can post.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
okay...I got the pics! :Tongue_Out:
I think the "wax" on the [U9] chip is just old adhesive from the security labels the Gaming Commissions like to put over the chips.
Normally, the chip body kind of blows up when they short out inside.
I've never seen them actually "melt" but I've seen some totally over-heat ( they get real dark).
You think the string-like "trail" line might be just from someone spilling a hot-glue gun?
Does it peel off of the circuit board with your finger tip?

Someone that understands schematic sheets on the S2000, better than I do, may have a better answer for what that chips' (C10) purpose is.
I do suspect that because it's a "C", and the number "10" being the location designation, it means that it's a capacitor for the larger [U9] chip next to it.
The capacitor [C10] chip works to protect the [U9] chip - sort of like a "fuse"...I could be wrong on this.

The set of nine [U1 to U10]  Pi5C Pericom chips are 2-port Bus Switch chips.
I don't know what they're for other than they act like switches.
Here's a link to a data sheet on them...>>>
https://www.digikey.com/en/htmldatasheets/production/103938/0/0/1/pi5c3384-c-.html

It's too bad you don't have a spare MPU to try your chips on to see if they get the backlit lamps to brighten up.

Click on photos below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:14:13 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline rarestamx

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 10:34:03 AM »
The goo on the chip and board is like oily grease like, Not dried glue like resistor is leaking. Have no problem getting new chips, To try Guess I'm going to need spare parts for test purposes anyway. Maybe try Enhanced Memory board also. Then all that's left would be 1270.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal