New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Open door MB where to start ?  (Read 563 times)

Offline adar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • adar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Open door MB where to start ?
« on: March 09, 2023, 08:52:44 PM »
Hey guys, just picked up 2 s2000 machines.
Both not working,
1 machine turns on testing memory spin reel and all but then say “open door MB”

Second one completely dead won’t even turn on.
The old owner said both worked before but he left them in a storage in about a year and that what happened after he tried to play again.
Any ideas where to start ? Prob with the one that turns on first 😅
Thanks
Adar

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Open door MB where to start ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 09:13:22 PM »
M=main door
B=bill validator door

Post a pic of the MPU board.  Turn machine off before removing it.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:36:10 PM »
What Mark said for the first one.  I suspect we'll see a green varta battery that has leaked on the MPU and damaged it.

For the second one check and make sure the power supply located behind the reels is fully seated in its connector.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 11:34:33 PM »
so got both of the mpu out

and ill add some photos,
as for the machine that didnt work i already figured it out. i assumed its the power supply so i just used the one from the working machine and the non working started right on, only problem now it saying RAM ERROR
one board look damaged a bit, corrosion maybe ? damaged chips ? should i try clean it with some alcohol ?
i tried them both and its the same with both
RAM ERROR
i did pay attention one got no ram, so i moved it from one board to another but still same problem!
thanks everyone !
really appreciate the help!
Adar

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 09:03:48 AM »
The one board has a lot of corrosion.  Is it the one with the Door Open MB error? 

Did you clear the RAM error message?  Turn the jackpot reset key a couple of times and follow the instructions on the VFD. 

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 04:26:44 PM »
Hey there, I tried to clean the board with a just toothbrush for now, so before it didn’t clear all the error codes with the key, now it does, but again door open stays even if it close, I looked around a little and it look like the sensor for the door got replaced before, the left the old se sir on the door. And a different one connected.
So before I clean with the toothbrush it said EPROM CRC MISMATCHED.
Now it bypassed it but still saying please close main door.
Photos attached.
Thanks
Adar

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 08:08:58 PM »
That board need repaired.  Contact member lookes he can repair it for you.

Offline adar

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 08:14:57 PM »
thanks, what member ?
also, pretty sure i need 1 power supply to be repaired too, should i repair it ? or get a different one, i opened it and look, looks like nothing wrong with it but sometimes you cant see everything, those old power supply are something else.
thanks
Adar

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal