New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GAME KING Need Help ... (Errors Listed on Screen)  (Read 877 times)

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
GAME KING Need Help ... (Errors Listed on Screen)
« on: November 12, 2022, 10:16:25 AM »
Problem 1: My friend changed the battery, he said it worked for a few hands then stopped.

Problem 2: At some point, I'm guessing after the battery change, he pulled the MPU out with the machine ON.

At this point, he gets this screen with the following errors.

Any chance this tells us everything we need to know?

I can ask him what the lights are doing, He told me, I forgot, There is no red. I think 2 orange and 3 green. Just let me know any pictures or info you need.

The board is also pictured, it has Goo on it...so I thnk that is mostly Goo, and not fried components.

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: GAME KING Need Help ... (Errors Listed on Screen)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »
I am not an expert on those but if I read correctly on other posts those machines need a reset chip after battery change, not uncommon.
However, what happens when the key is turned as instructed? ….or if he doesn’t have a reset key, what happens when he jumps the wires going to the key switch?
If he doesn’t have a key they are readily available, they are all the same. 

Chris

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »
When he did the jump switch 4 times it did not start, I think that's when he got to that screen. It was beeping loud, like when an S2000 needs the key turned after a battery change. The key turning, or when he hit the jump switch 4 times, it did stop the beeping, but it did not ask him to start hit the diagnostic button, then close te door, like the IGT S2000's do.

I was telling him what to do over the phone. So I didn't actually see what happened.

Should I try it again and document exactly what happens?

It's not a $400 e-key is it? ...the Reset Chip I mean.

and yes, I plan to order him a jackpot key.

Offline Retro tech repair

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »
I am not an expert on those but if I read correctly on other posts those machines need a reset chip after battery change, not uncommon.
However, what happens when the key is turned as instructed? ….or if he doesn’t have a reset key, what happens when he jumps the wires going to the key switch?
If he doesn’t have a key they are readily available, they are all the same. 

Chris

No 960 platform igt needs chiped after battery you just turn the attendant key a few time hold the test switch.  May have to do the twice. If you have to do it more than twice you did it in the wrong order and probably corrupted you cabinet eeprom.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 07:27:34 AM »
When he did the jump switch 4 times it did not start, I think that's when he got to that screen. It was beeping loud, like when an S2000 needs the key turned after a battery change. The key turning, or when he hit the jump switch 4 times, it did stop the beeping, but it did not ask him to start hit the diagnostic button, then close te door, like the IGT S2000's do.

I was telling him what to do over the phone. So I didn't actually see what happened.

Should I try it again and document exactly what happens?

It's not a $400 e-key is it? ...the Reset Chip I mean.

and yes, I plan to order him a jackpot key.

Igame/game kings don’t require the door being closed. Depending on the error they don’t always require the test switch being held you usually get 1 or 2 errors. If the test switch is held before being asked for it it will partially erase the cabinet eeprom same as the s2000.

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 08:33:02 AM »
OK, so those errors on the screen should be OK?

Q: If the button was pressed early and the EPROM gets erased? What does that mean? Is that something that is fixed by power cycling the machine?

It looks like I'll end up getting a jackpot key and driving over there. I just want to make sure I don't have to go back.

Thanks for the info guys! I really appreciate being able to consult with real slot techs!

P.S. ... Q: will my S2000 jackpot key work in his slant top game king?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »
if you follow the instructions on the screen, (turn attendant key on screen shown), and it loops back to the same errors, then it will need to be keyed with a key chip. I'm sure someone on the site can sell you one if you post a WTB in the classified section.  it's not the E Key, it should be key 28 or 40  these are Key and clear in one.

it is odd that he was able to play a few hands then it stopped. could be a bigger problem if this repeats.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 09:19:21 AM »
most attendant keys are the same 2341 brass key. no guarantees in this of course.

W

Offline Chris-socal

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 10:04:36 AM »
I had a game king for awhile, the reset key was the the same one that my Bally Gamemaker needed and same as another game I once had….I only know it was the same because I only had the one key that came on GK, I had to share. I finally bought a few 2341 on ebay for nearly nothing.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal