New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WANTED: Bar Video Poker  (Read 2107 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
WANTED: Bar Video Poker
« on: October 14, 2020, 11:52:44 PM »
Hello all,

I am looking to locate a bar video poker machine. You know the classic type like in this photo. I am not particular about what enclosure it has as i am looking to build a bar at home and inset it. I tried to post on the classifieds but it wont let me. Any help or leads on some would be great! Thank you!

:agreepost:

Moved to classifieds
~moderator
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:15:41 AM by shortrackskater »
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WANTED: Bar Video Poker
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »
I saw one for sale a couple days back, in a slot machine group on FB.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »
I saw one for sale a couple days back, in a slot machine group on FB.
If you have link to group that would be great! :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 10:39:06 PM »
I’m sure you could PM the seller. The Facebook groups called:

Slot Machine Enthusiasts, Bye-Sell-Trade-Repair
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Prosperity

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Prosperity New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Prosperity Gaming
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »
Hi,

I have 3 g20 Bar Tops arriving in about 3 weeks if you're interested.

Probably a bit more than these older ones, but they are the 2015 model

Let me know if youre interested and DM me for the price.

Cheers

Don

Offline marfortune

• Reputation Power: 0
  • marfortune New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »
I do have one that I would be willing to sell.It is in working condition but has been sitting for a while and can be gone through.It pays out correctly and takes quarters in for credits.It doesn’t have a bill acceptor and is only a single game with the double down option.

Offline mpockett

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mpockett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 07:46:02 AM »
I have 3 of these machines if interested

Offline 4ucustom

• Reputation Power: 5
  • 4ucustom New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 01:24:44 AM »
I've got one for parts $80

Offline jstaniev

• Reputation Power: 4
  • jstaniev New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:33 AM »
I've got one for parts $80

your PMs are full and I can't send you a reply -- please make some room :)

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 07:32:49 PM »
I have 3 of these machines if interested
Do you still have these?

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 07:33:46 PM »
I do have one that I would be willing to sell.It is in working condition but has been sitting for a while and can be gone through.It pays out correctly and takes quarters in for credits.It doesn’t have a bill acceptor and is only a single game with the double down option.
Do you still have?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 11:20:55 PM »
Don't get a PE+, try to source out a 3902, 044 or even an AVP unit.  You will have more flexibility as far as games going from left to right (where AVP is probably the best choice for variety).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 01:19:43 PM »
Don't get a PE+, try to source out a 3902, 044 or even an AVP unit.  You will have more flexibility as far as games going from left to right (where AVP is probably the best choice for variety).
I dont know what those terms mean as far as what i would be getting. I know its a PE+ but not the others. Are they still bartops?

Whats wrong with the PE+?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 10:48:28 PM »
The PE+ (Player's Edge Plus) was the 2nd gen video poker made by IGT, the PE (no plus) was the first type.  PE+ had multiple poker choices (I believe 4 if memory serves me correct. the original PE only had 1 game variety.  You can upgrade a PE to a PE+ by changing the software which required the addition of the Super Board (a piggy backed eprom board that allowed for more eproms for increased memory capacity).  These machines are REALLY old and getting some the CAPx roms to replace them when they go bad can be difficult.  The next iteration was a 3802 and the machine came to be known as a gameking.  It had multiple poker varieties.  Then came 3902 with even more poker varieties and games like keno and blackjack added to the gamesets.  Then 044 gave you even more choices.  3902 cabinets can be easily upgraded to 044. The original 3802's can be upgrade to 3902 with an mpu change I believe, but not 100% sure.  The  AVP is the latest iteration of the platform with even more choices of gameplay.  This describes the software end of the machine.  The hardware side, be it bartop, slant top, or upright, is just cabinet hardware, with most parts being the same in all cabinets except for maybe the backplane.  So you could get a bartop in any of those software platforms, my recommendation is to go for 3902 or 044, OR even better an AVP.  These are easier to find, plus the software is also easier to replace should something go wrong, and the game variety is just so much better.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 07:20:48 PM »
The PE+ (Player's Edge Plus) was the 2nd gen video poker made by IGT, the PE (no plus) was the first type.  PE+ had multiple poker choices (I believe 4 if memory serves me correct. the original PE only had 1 game variety.  You can upgrade a PE to a PE+ by changing the software which required the addition of the Super Board (a piggy backed eprom board that allowed for more eproms for increased memory capacity).  These machines are REALLY old and getting some the CAPx roms to replace them when they go bad can be difficult.  The next iteration was a 3802 and the machine came to be known as a gameking.  It had multiple poker varieties.  Then came 3902 with even more poker varieties and games like keno and blackjack added to the gamesets.  Then 044 gave you even more choices.  3902 cabinets can be easily upgraded to 044. The original 3802's can be upgrade to 3902 with an mpu change I believe, but not 100% sure.  The  AVP is the latest iteration of the platform with even more choices of gameplay.  This describes the software end of the machine.  The hardware side, be it bartop, slant top, or upright, is just cabinet hardware, with most parts being the same in all cabinets except for maybe the backplane.  So you could get a bartop in any of those software platforms, my recommendation is to go for 3902 or 044, OR even better an AVP.  These are easier to find, plus the software is also easier to replace should something go wrong, and the game variety is just so much better.
Great information thank you! I heard i could upgrade to a 5 game chip set. Since it is not a touch screen i am unsure how any more games would work with only button options. Trying to hunt down that info. I am still waiting to get my unit home as a friend picked it up for me since he was local. So once i get it home, i can look at the board and learn more. I would like to have at least a few games.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 02:18:59 PM »
The superboard will give you 5 games, but that is about it as far as a PE+ is concerned.  You have to get different game sets if you want different types of poker games beyond those 5 (there is only 1 set of multi-game sets as far as I know).  The single sets are all basic poker games, just rule changes (like deuces wild, etc).  Since you already picked it up, then the choice has already been made for you.  Hopefully you got a good CRT as those are also getting hard to come by.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal