New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Aristocrat Helix K1200 grafic card problem  (Read 3255 times)

Offline peachpit

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • peachpit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Aristocrat Helix K1200 grafic card problem
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:35:37 AM »
Hello everybody,

i have changed the grafic-card in my Helix super slant machine to a K1200 with 4 mini DP connectors. But it does not work, none of the screens (main, top) starts; both are showing "no signal". Have i done something wrong? Will i need a special GEN8-CPU maybe?

Any help appreciate. Thanks a lot.   

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Aristocrat Helix K1200 grafic card problem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
The card has to be supported by the game/OS.  ATI is very finicky about the firmware on the card, so if the card is not working, it is because either the bios is not supported by ATI, or the game you are trying to load does not support that video card.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 12:40:21 PM »
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Actually i have installed a Lightning Cash game, Happy Lantern. The reason because i want to install the 4 mini DP card is because i want to use / install a virtual button deck. But if i have understood you right, because the game does not support / does not need a virtual button deck the K1200 does not work?

So i must install a different game which uses a VBD?

May i ask you what you mean with ATI ?

Thanks again!

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
ATI is short for Aristocrat

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »
Older versions of the Base OS included in the game card may not have the drivers for the newer Video card.  Look at the Base OS of the game that works and compare it with the one you want to run, but it is not working.  I bet the one that doesn't work is an earlier OS version that does not include the drivers for the newer graphics card.  The exact same thing happens when you try to use an older game on a machine with a GT630, it fails to load because the older game does not recognize the GT630 card.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 11:52:02 AM »
Hello and thanks so much for your help.

Unfortunately i haven´t tried a game until now which works with the newer video card (K1200). I have tried it with a Lightning Link (Cash) game "Happy Lantern" and it does not work.

On the CF-Card you could find the following informations:

Game# 1.01-63831
Linux OS X.54.3 
World Base
Platform version 5.10.0-1.00.4

Is this an older version of Base OS?

Thanks again for any help.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 02:15:12 PM »
Did you buy just a generic K1200?  I honestly have never tried a K1200 on my system as I only have a Viridian WS cabinet. I have gone as far as a GT630 with the known issues that come up with the older games. I am no entirely sure which OS would support a K1200.  Your post is the first I have ever seen where it references a K1200 as being a valid Aristocrat platform video card.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 02:46:54 AM »
Yes, i have bought a K1200 video card and exchanged it for the GT630.

I have located a small board at the bottom from the CPU, it´s called "Config stick" with a designation "BIOS" on it. Maybe it´s an older version?

On Ebay i have found a GEN8-CPU with that K1200 installed; maybe this one has a newer BIOS?

Thanks for any further help.

Offline Shaneomac

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shaneomac New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »
interested to hear how you went with this? i want to install a k1200 also to run a video topper as i cant get the video topper to run off lcd3 or 4 on the board. not so much interested in changing to the virtual button deck. have tried a heap of games and there is no display without changing the graphics card from what i can tell.

did you get a genuine aristocrat graphics card or just went and got a k1200 off the shelf from somewhere? trying to get a genuine one in australia is tough but dont want to waste the time and money on one off the shelf if you didnt get it working?

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »
Hello Shaneomac,

if your goal is to have a LCD topper show game graphics, then i have to disappoint you. At least if you have an Helix or Viridian WS machine with GEN7 or GEN8. Unlike, for example, a Bally Alpha Wave, where the game software also controls the topper to show jackpots or game graphics, the GEN8 does not do that. The LCD 3 and 4 connections are inactive in my opinion. If you have an LCD topper, you can either play something there with a videoplayer or you need a Vertex with AMP (Aristocrat media player). I can give you more information if you like. Only the next generation (GEN9) in the MarsX will control the LCD topper directly. I bought the K1200 as a spare part. You need this to control a virtual button deck, but unfortunately i couldn't get it running.

Have a nice day, Dennis

Offline Shaneomac

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 01:31:09 PM »
Hey mate interested in selling it to an Aussie? I have mars x games running on my helixes. I know the games can control the topper just can’t get it to be transmitted from the board like you said. Definitely know the game choices I have in the machine have the video topper controlled by the game if the hardware would suit

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 07:28:43 AM »
Hey mate interested in selling it to an Aussie? I have mars x games running on my helixes. I know the games can control the topper just can’t get it to be transmitted from the board like you said. Definitely know the game choices I have in the machine have the video topper controlled by the game if the hardware would suit

I noticed that at least 1 Mars-X game will play on my WS Viridian with a GEN8 board and OLED deck it it.  The game is Farmville, a super fun game.  It's the only Mars-X game I have.  When I use the set chip I set the machine ID as a Helix + Upright, since it has the Gen8 and sound amp installed.  I was wondering if other Mars-X games will play too.  I too was wondering about the use of the K1200, but don't think there is an easy way of installing a VBD in the machine though.

BTW, what Mars-X games are you running in your Helix?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Shaneomac

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 03:00:42 PM »
I’m in australia so don’t know how many cross over. But I haven’t found a marsx games that doesn’t play in my helix yet. I’ve got a series called choys kingdom (4 games) all work, kingdom of prosperity works, dollar storm works (kinda it’s locked because doesn’t have a third screen hence the video card questions)

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2021, 07:13:30 AM »
Hello,

here is what i have done with my Helix Super Slant: Connecting it to a Vertex with hub and AMP so my LCD topper shows graphics and the top jackpot amount (Grand). I have attached a picture from my machine while a Lightning Link game (Happy Lantern) installed. But i have tried Dollar Storm (Emperors Treasure) as well and it worked fine.

What games do you have if you are located in Australia? I guess you could get hand on a lot of Aristocrat games, couldn´t you? Do you have Dragon Link / Cash? I´am searching for a "2-screen version" which i could play on my Helix Slant or Upright with two screens. In the US i have only found the versions for one screen (for Helix XT or ARC) until now.

Have a nice day :)

Offline Shaneomac

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 09:39:05 AM »
Yeah I have all the cash versions. In australia it seems the single or dual screen is only dependent on how the game is loaded as I have games from the single curved screen and they work as dual screen as well. My emperors treasure is a “cash version” so doesn’t need a vertex the super grand is run from the machine, that’s what I’m trying to display using the k1200. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and buy one

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 10:30:49 AM »
Yes, thats what i thought, that in Australia the 2-screen version is much more common like the 1-screen version. It sounds very interesting that Dollar Storm games like Emperors Treasore are available in "cash versions" as well; i always thought that they are only available in "link versions". Thats why i have bought a Vertex to get the informations like the GRand jackpot displayed on the tope.

I have a K1200 grafic card ; changed it at my CPU but then the machine completely blacked out and did not start at all. From somewhere i have read that the problem is a wrong BIOS-version (the small chip at the bottom of the CPU) but i do not know exactly.

Do you sell that Dragon Cash game software ?

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 11:27:30 AM »
This document can be of some help to you.  Depending on which board you have (silver vs black heat sink) it will tell you what you need for the K1200 video card.  Good info in here
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:47:17 AM by idesign »

Offline Shaneomac

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 01:47:01 PM »
Interesting read, I’ll have to look into it. I do have doubles of the cash software for dragon cash but in nsw you need a “comms board” that’s run off usb in the top of the machine and there is no way around that, unfortunately they are all under lock and key with aristocrat and assigned to machines. I have never been able to actually get one to set one up so even with the game and the Australian ram clear card they would be useless to you.

Offline Shaneomac

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 02:21:41 PM »
Both my boards are 170345_1 so according to that document won’t work with k1200. Dammit

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2021, 02:47:06 PM »
Both my boards are 170345_1 so according to that document won’t work with k1200. Dammit

This is why so many people have trouble using a K1200 even if it is flashed for an Aristocrat

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal