**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

S2000 Vision battery replacement issues

(1/3) > >>

MB75:
Hi,

I had some issues with my MS. Little Green Men. After turned of for a week i started it and it gave me several errors like Maindoor open, BV door open ( which should be impossible since the sensor is bridged ) and another door open ( forgot which one )

After measuring the green Varta ( I know ) it gave 0,5 volt. Leaved the machine on for 15 minutes and measured 4 V.
Then took out the board, after powering down of course and measured during the next hours and battery dropped to 2.5v and later 1.7. So the battery needed to be replaced i thought.

even when the battery was of the board it got back to 3.6 v  :Scratch-Head:

It seemed that there was old green leakage from a previous battery so i started to clean out.

Replaced the green varta with 3 x 1.2 V Rechargeble  AA penlites and cleaned out the green acid. Did it with house hold vinniger and demineralized water.

Left the board to dry after blowing it of with air.

Ones the board got back in the machine i needed to clear some errors and finally got the next issues. Before this the machines worked fine !

Reel 5 Tilt and is not spinning
Telltale Battery low ( which one is this ? )
Closure M but guess this is a standard message

So probably i have created an issue on my board but only cleaned out the area where the battery was. Not much components there. Just 2 big diodes and that coil. btw took these all off the board.

On the mpu the upper LED i on and yellow the one below there is faded blinking.

Super Stepper Controller 7551050 0 REV D

Not sure it had the modification to 755 105 02

Who can point me in the right direction ?
I think there’s a shortage somewhere referring to the battery draining out.
What parts could be the issue and could be replaced to check ?

Thanks a lot !

sixcardmark:
Varta is not needed, remove the rechargable AA batteries you installed. Telltale is Varta.

MB75:

--- Quote from: sixcardmark on March 23, 2024, 08:43:47 AM ---Varta is not needed, remove the rechargable AA batteries you installed. Telltale is Varta.

--- End quote ---

what is the purpose of this Varta ? I’ve read something that they bridge the battery connections, is that neccesary ?

alex:
The green varta is the telltale battery, it monitors when somebody opens any of the machine doors while the machine is not powered on. It's just a security measure that logs that somebody possibly tampered the machine while it was off.

For home-use it has no benefits, only downsides.

You can remove it (and depending on your board also U16) without any problems and don't need to replace it with anything else.

MB75:
Since I had some issues when I added an external battery pack I installed a new Varta just to check if the problems remained.

When starting the s2k I needed to reset it several times. All reels spinning but after all settings were made by just resetting the latest error I got was call attendant, reel 5 tilt, closure mb.

What’s causing this ?

I’m not sure what board I have and do not know if I need to remove U16 or U79

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version