New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29024 times)

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« on: September 27, 2018, 04:16:24 PM »
Here's what I know:
The coin in the cc is seated properly
I tried putting a piece of paper to hold the rake open, it does effectively hold the rake open
I closed the machine to try to insert money and now I am getting error code 21 - I read that to clear it all you have to do is open and close the door, but I'm having no luck with that
Also, as you can see in one of the pics, I tried dropping some quarters into the coin optic sensor and about 50% of the time the quarter would get stuck , not sure if that's a problem that will go away once everything else is working...
That's where I'm at with it...!

Here are some pics, sorry again for the imgur link, I keep getting told my file size is too big to post them directly

https://imgur.com/a/04GeOBw
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:49:32 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »

Did you try the sensitivity screw. Turn all the way counter clockwise. The 21 should clear just by opening and closing the door and latching. It means coin in error
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »
Just tried the sensitivity screw, it was already turned all the way. I've tried opening and closing the door and it's not clearing, is there a special way to clear that? Do I have to turn the jackpot key or anything like that?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 05:13:14 PM »
Here's what I know:
The coin in the cc is seated properly
I tried putting a piece of paper to hold the rake open, it does effectively hold the rake open
I closed the machine to try to insert money and now I am getting error code 21 - I read that to clear it all you have to do is open and close the door, but I'm having no luck with that
Also, as you can see in one of the pics, I tried dropping some quarters into the coin optic sensor and about 50% of the time the quarter would get stuck , not sure if that's a problem that will go away once everything else is working...
That's where I'm at with it...!

Here are some pics, sorry again for the imgur link, I keep getting told my file size is too big to post them directly

https://imgur.com/a/04GeOBw

That coin should not be sitting there under the optics.  Looks like the hopper overflow diverter (flap) is stuck halfway open causing the coins to jam.

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
The coin has been removed!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
make sure the dirverter flap is working and staying shut, you can move the dirverter plunger using your finger, make sure it moves back and forth freely,  you should be able to drop coins into the optic and they should exit the bottom of the optic and travel onto the flap into the chute to send them to the hopper.

if there are no obstructions  the 21 should clear by opening and closing the door.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »
Are you guys certain that the code 21 is a coin-in error (according to the common codes sheet, it's supposed to be a coin-in error...?

They say it's a coin-optics error here: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2472.0

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »
It's six of one and half dozen the other.  :rotfl:

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Oof, I must admit I feel a little beat up by this machine today, going to take a break for the night... the diverter and plunger work great, the coin's are (occasionally) getting stuck because the metal chute (the one that sends the coins from the entire coin system to the hopper) that sits under where the coin falls out is not pushed in far enough, so coins are dropping/getting stuck on the edge of the chute entrance/hole. I don't exactly see how you can push it in further.

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »
It's six of one and half dozen the other.  :rotfl:

Ah, I see. Well then I'm a little stumped, my brain's gone dead for the night!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 07:33:02 PM »
Do the coin-in optic tests per reply #9: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2472.0  Good info there.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 03:11:37 PM »
Do the coin-in optic tests per reply #9: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2472.0  Good info there.

Thanks, I'm working on that right now... but I have two questions:

1) The display does not go blank for a few second when I open and close the door, in the instructions it seems like that is a pre-requisite for the testing. HOWEVER, I did the test anyways and it passed all the tests.

2) I'm going to try taking off the optics and clean the eyes, is there a trick to taking off the plug? I'm having a little difficulty and don't want to break anything!

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
So I got that clip off... kind of a dumb design having a to use a pry in two spots but whatever! I only have 8 wires going into the 10-pin, but I'm guessing that's just the design of this machine.

As seen in the pics I got the screws off the optic assembly... I don't see how to get the other side off though, do I just grip it with some pliers and yank it off?

https://imgur.com/a/I6nta5z
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:12:14 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:48 PM »
Clean only with water dampened lint free cloth.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »
Clean only with water dampened lint free cloth.

Okay, now do you know if I have to clean the backside? I just unscrewed the frontside, but I'm uncertain of how to get the backside off? DO I just pull it out?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
I've only taken one apart to change the denom. Usually clean with a q-tip . Did I read that when you open your door  then close and latch, that the lcd stays lit and not go blank?

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
You need to pop the coin comparitor out of the tabs and remove.  That will expose two screws to remove the whole metal bracket the comparitor and optics are attached to,  then you can get to other side of optics.

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
Yes, the 21 on the display stays solid the whole time.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
Is that a 25cent coin optic spacer in his photo?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
I double checked it,it does say $.25

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal