New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S6000 51 error  (Read 1115 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
S6000 51 error
« on: December 29, 2022, 02:36:19 PM »
Happy New Years to All. Is there a way to bypass/jumper the 50 series codes on the backplane or somewhere to try and get this machine to run? I believe there’s a broken wire somewhere in the machine. I can’t get this 51 code to clear. The mpu board works fine in another machine.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S6000 51 error
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 03:19:25 PM »
The belly door switch needs to be bypassed. Disconnect the wires from the switch and tie them together

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »
I have tried that, No luck. I’m in the process of tracing the wiring continuity to match my other S6000. I haven’t been successful yet.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 06:58:41 PM »
Maybe these pictures will help shine some light on my #51 error. What’s weird is These 2 wires are connected to the “NC” of a DPDT switch.
I was looking through some troubleshooting S6000 manuals and saw voltages on some of these circuits. Before I Run the Yel/Red wire to the double gray one I checked and found Yel/Red has +5volts to the gray & to chassis ground. The gray has continuity to chassis ground. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 07:35:11 PM »
That switch has 2 separate switches.  The top 3 tabs are one switch the bottom 3 are the other switch. You have the wires connected to the NC- normally closed contact on both. Not going to do anything when the push button is pushed in.
For the switch, and wires to work you need both wires connected to just one switch.  I'm not familiar with the schematic but interlock switches such as these are almost always wired - NC to C. The abbreviations mean - C common, NC normally closed, NO normally open. With a door interlock switch when the door is closed it either makes the circuit complete, or opens the circuit up. The 2 wires will need to be connected to either C & NC or C & NO. If you get it wrong the machine will think the door is open when closed and closed when open. When correctly wired the machine will operate properly.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 07:49:23 PM »
Thank You, I didn’t know if someone else just cut a wire and tried it there. Having voltage on it, wanted to get advice. The switch wasn’t wired correctly with utilizing 2 NC connections on 2 different circuits, ( Double Pole-Double Throw). I will see what happens here.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 08:24:57 PM »
Update, If I hook it up to switch (C,NO), I get #51 error. When it’s hooked up (C,NC), I get #53 error. Any thoughts?
Something in the back of my head is saying that I fixed an issue like this, it was related to the bill validator.
Could it be something wrong in the setup after a ram clear?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 04:34:57 AM »
There is another switch on the top of the bonus wheel plexiglass. Is that switch wired correctly and depressed ? Or bypass it.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 04:40:06 AM »
55 is bill validator.  53 is slant top, lower door

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 04:52:56 AM »
Are you using the original factory mains or do you have leave in clear chips installed?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 06:41:52 AM »
They are original, I believe from the writing on them.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2023, 07:05:07 AM »
One other note, I took this board and put it in another machine to test it, and did the ram clear to check the board. It works fine in that machine. Could something be wrong, in the fact, that I programmed the board in the other machine? Is there any memory on the backplane board that might NOT be agreeing with the external programming of it? I didn’t have to change any of the settings (11d), it fired right up and I was able to play it! The machine’s are “CASH REEL” & “CASH “TIMES”.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 08:51:34 AM »
The backplane is a dumb board. It does not have any components on it.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 10:16:27 AM »
Thank You for info.
Any ideas how I can signal (voltage applied), or a jumper to the backplane to fool these error codes (51,53)?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 05:04:50 PM »
Clear it and see if errors are gone.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 11:43:20 PM »
FIXED!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH “SUNRISE SIDE” for helping me with an issue that was, WAY OVER THOUGHT. The #51 error was ALL taken care of when I went back to basics. I Ram Cleared the machine and left everything ALONE. I did NOT set any 11d parameters, as well as the door switches.
I watched videos, and read through Every single S6000 thread, What a nightmare it’s been.
After “SUNRISE SIDE” told me to Ram Clear it again, The old “KISS” statement hit me. I saw No errors and validator was lit up. Put a $20 in machine and it’s playing Fantastic. Thanks to ALL for reading and helping.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal