New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond multiple errors  (Read 1030 times)

Offline dgouldner

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dgouldner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Double Diamond multiple errors
« on: January 30, 2023, 12:09:13 PM »
New to the forum and have tried to search but not finding anything that fits my issue. Have a Double Diamond IGT S+ S2000 that has intermittent different errors. When just sitting with no activity, periodically it will error with printer communication. Other times will error with bill validator. These I can clear by opening and closing the door until the error stack is cleared and machine will work for awhile. Other times the reels will start spinning and I can clear by opening the door, turn reset key and close the door. So I can clear all of these errors but cannot figure out what might be the underlying problem that would randomly cause any and all of these three. Any suggestions or pointers are appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:51:13 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
Re: IGT Double Diamond multiple errors
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:18:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum,
   are you sure it's an s-plus, and not an s2000?  pictures always help. You could try removing the bv for a while to see if the error stops. printer next.  you can also check the harness to each to make sure a wire isn't shorting.
One of the weirdest errors that a customer had on a machine was that the reels would error every now and then while they played. They brought it in and luckily it didn't take long for me to realize that the power cord was partially out of the socket in the machine, so when the handle was pulled aggressively, it would momentarily disconnect causing the error. pushing it in and adding a tie strap remedied it.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 237
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 12:21:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum,
   are you sure it's an s-plus, and not an s2000?  pictures always help. You could try removing the bv for a while to see if the error stops. printer next.  you can also check the harness to each to make sure a wire isn't shorting.

Thanks,
Wayne
Agreed.  There is no printer on s+ machines.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 12:35:36 PM »
You have an IGT S2000 model.
Turn off the power and slide out the MPU.
Take good close up photos of the area of a large green Varta battery.
Save it to your desktop.
You can post the photo below your post by clicking on "Attachments and other options".
Click the "Browse" button and look for your photos on your desktop.
The photo needs to be less than 1,000KB in size in order to post.

The acid leaking from it may be slowly destroying your board's traces, creating these problems.
There are people on NLG, that know by looking at your board, if it should be sent in for repairs.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dgouldner

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 01:16:08 PM »
It is a S2000. Sorry, I misunderstood something I read on the forum. I have pulled out, cleaned and reseated both the printer and the bill validator. I have reseated cables but have not checked continuity for shorts.  Attached are pictures of the board. Not seeing the Varta battery. Am I misunderstanding what to look at?

Thanks for all of the quick responses.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 01:34:26 PM »
The Varta battery appears to be clipped off....it would of been located under that piggyback board near the left side in your 2nd and 3rd photo.
I'm glad you're able to post pics.
The resolution however, is not good enough to tell whether or not your mpu is turning blue from acidic damage or if the software chips are installed in the correct direction?
I'm sure they are but it's good to know how to check.
The notch on top of the chip body should be above the etched, white-colored notch imprinted directly below on the circuit board on the side of the chip socket.

I'm leaning towards a69mopar's suggestion of a loose power plug! haha You never know!
It could also be an errant power supply....it would be located up on the back wall behind the reel shelf.
It could be possibly be dying or just plain loose.
Turn the power switch OFF, try to push the box rightwards as you push the connector harness with all the blue wiring, leftwards together.
It will be easier to do if you pull out the reels from their respective slots.
They require a firm tug on the front plastic to pull outwards towards you to remove.
There's also knurled thumbknob on the left-handside of the power supply....you can give that a couple of clockwise turns to tighten, but those are normally stripped and don't do much.
Once you push the power supply box and connector together, you should be good to push back in the reels, and flip on the power switch.
Hopefully that's all it is.
Let us know if that helps ya

Below is a photo of where the VArta could have been located at.
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:24:39 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 02:14:21 PM »
the varta battery could be under the expansion board on that enhanced mpu.  I'm leaning towards the printer.

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 02:21:55 PM »
Here is a board with the battery removed. It was beneath the expansion board. U16 also needs to be removed without a battery.  **I just noticed Bunker's magnification photo.  both must be removed already

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 04:27:07 PM »
When the coin battery starts to get low sometimes it will throw random unrelated errors.
Test the voltage on the coin battery.
Remember if you take that battery out to measure the voltage you will have to open the main door and turn the jackpot key four times and press the mpu button when you power it up to get the machine  operational again. Anything under 2.9 volts should be replaced.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »
U16 is still on the board. It won't give you the errors you have tho I don't think.  Check that the power supply behind the reels is tight if you have not already.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 06:45:55 PM »
That picture with the u16 is not his board
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 07:00:40 PM »
That picture with the u16 is not his board

I see that now. lol...
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
Don't know how many times I've been guilty doing that.
:arrowthruhead:

Offline dgouldner

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2023, 05:34:28 AM »
Thanks again for all of the suggestions. Question regarding battery before I do it. When you say turn the jackpot key four times and press the mpu button when you power it up to get the machine operational again... is the order of that process exactly as it sounds...
1. power on
2. turn key 4 times
3. press mpu button
4. close door

Want to make sure I don't mess up the machine operation. I have a battery so I might as well just knock that our while I'm doing these suggested fixes

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 06:23:03 AM »
Yes that is correct. The machine will power up and you will get an error message on the VFD.Turn the jackpot
key and the VFD error will will change. Keep doing this until the VFD tells you to press the mpu button for three seconds and close the main door. It will finish booting up and you should be good to go. Don't forget to check the voltage on the old battery so we can continue to help you troubleshoot if the battery voltage was good.
It also won't hurt to check the new battery, it should be about 3.3V.
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Offline dgouldner

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
Thank you again to everyone for your information and recommendations. I have to travel and will be out of town for a few weeks so I will try all of the suggestions when I return and post the results.  Again, y'all are awesome.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal