New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Boards S+ but no Coin Display  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Dtabes

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Dtabes New User has no influence.
  • Bubbles
Re: New Boards S+ but no Coin Display
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2023, 05:51:48 AM »
Thank you I am on that for today just to clear something up from earlier

"I'm just not sure about the bus bar....there should be 3 black wires plugged in close together, and one separated from the 3 plugged straight down.
The separation makes it 115Vac....if you move it next to the 3rd wire, it becomes 240vac....don't do that and I want to check if that's wherer the problem is or not besides a possible fuse burned out.
That bus bar determines whether your machine's power supply should output north american 120VAC or european 240VAC volts.
I can almost see it but it's not too clear."

There is 3 plugged in close together and then a space with another one and they appear to be a solid seat

STUPID Question but does it matter at all which way the fuses go in the front? 6a 8am 6am
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 06:47:20 PM »
STUPID Question but does it matter at all which way the fuses go in the front? 6a 8am 6am

The only stupid question is one that isn't asked.

If by "which way" you are referring to which end of the fuse?  No, there isn't any difference.  You just need to match the amperage shown on the orange label (8A in the middle).   Just stick one end of the fuse in the cap, insert both in the socket and then twist clockwise to lock it in.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2023, 09:27:38 PM »
okay...thanks for checking the bus bar....last thing we want is to melt everything....haha

I'm sure your machine will work once you get the fuses in.

Which one was burned out...the middle 8A fuse?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Dtabes

• Bubbles
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2023, 06:03:50 PM »
Ok friends and help here is the latest on my issues with this machine. From left to right here are basically some of the volts I am getting out of them. If I move the white plug a little I can see the reels move a little and lock up but still no candle lights, coin display or sounds. I did replace all 3 of the fuses with brand new ones and checked them for continuity.

Please keep in mind that in the last week 2 boards are new and replaced, the transformer was replaced on the metal motherboard holder board, there is no corrosion anywhere at this point. I seen other posts about the clear chip and this has not been done either.

From left to right:

Orange : roughly 2.80v
Orange/Blue: roughly 7.3v
Brown: roughly 5.39v
Blue: roughly 3.5v
Green: roughly 3.9v
Green: roughly .1v (nearly nothing)

Keep in mind I am not an expert in any way and nor do I claim to be LOL just trying to follow along and troubleshoot the best I can from your posts

Doug
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Offline Dtabes

• Bubbles
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2023, 08:21:26 AM »
CORRECTION: I have 12v, 12v, 8v, 7v, 0v and 0v from left to right on the molecular plug

I checked the dom bulb and now lights up but one of the other bulbs is missing

Where can I get some of these bulbs for the coin display and what do I need to look for? I mind as well buy all three so I have spares

With the dom lit the reels are locked but still no display or candle lights

I have to push on that white moles connector a little to get those reading so I am guessing need a new plug. If so where can I get?

That is the latest update
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2023, 08:37:24 AM »
You can buy a new harness with trifurcon pins from Trisail. They are superior to the originals. Send him a PM.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »
you have to post a picture of all you motherboard connections, since you have replaced it, you may have put a connector in the wrong place, and this could cause your no display issue.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Dtabes

• Bubbles
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2023, 09:16:33 AM »
I think all the connections went in the right spot here is a pic
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Offline Dtabes

• Bubbles
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2023, 09:27:17 AM »
Is there a diagram for this S+ board that shows what connectors go where so I can cross reference it? If one light is burnt out on the coin display would that prevent anything?

I also just checked the battery again on the motherboard and is 3.6v

Doug
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Offline Dtabes

• Bubbles
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2023, 04:57:20 AM »
TOPIC SOLVED - Ended up being that white molex connector to the power supply and works like a charm. THANK YOU ALL who took the time to help me as I am grateful
Doug,

Homeowner
Moosup, CT

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal