New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Triple Diamond S+ 61 Code and More?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Mord

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mord New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Triple Diamond S+ 61 Code and More?
« on: March 26, 2023, 09:21:16 PM »
Finally bought my first slot the other day, was told by the owner that it "needed to be reprogrammed". Got it home and plugged it in to get a 61 code. No spinning reels, just flashing candle alternating blue and white. Followed the advice here and did not clear the RAM.

Pressed the self test button, it made a ding, and got it to display 61-1. Still no spinning. Closed door and turned jackpot key once. Display now showed 00 where before it displayed 61-1.Tried inserting a coin, it falls below into tray. Bill validator does not suck in bills or light up but made sounds on power up. I have not yet checked the condition of the board inside.

The reels do have some form of power to them, as l can feel a resistance when applying a slight pressure trying to turn them with power on.

Yes l am a newbie so please be gentle but l want to learn and am still excited about my new machine despite it not working yet.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Triple Diamond S+ 61 Code and More?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 09:56:00 PM »
Sounds like the door was not shut all the way.  Make sure the door lever is all the way down.

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 10:20:45 PM »
l should also add that after powering off the machine, l got the same error code(s) and issues.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 04:38:26 AM »
l should also add that after powering off the machine, l got the same error code(s) and issues.
...and you will keep seeing that [61] until you clear it by making sure the door optics "see" each other.
They could be out of alignment, but sixcardmark is right in saying that your door is NOT in a closed state.
If it was, you wouldn't see the two zeros when you turned the jackpot reset key.
Also, you will always hear the DBV (dollar bill validator) run the stacker mechanism for a few seconds, when powering up the machine.
It will not accept bills if there's an machine error though.

Back to the problem...FYI  The door has an emitter optic, the cabinet has a receiver optic.
With the power [ON], you could look for a blue-ish, infrared light coming out of the door-side emitter optic by viewing it with a digital camera.
The cabinet-side receiver optic doesn't emit light.

Give us as much details you can and we'll help you get your machine running the way it should....try this...>>>

Watch the [Coins Played] display on the reel glass as you slowly push the door latch fully all the way down.
Whatever number is in there should momentarily go out, and then come back on.
If that doesn't happen, there's something wrong with the door optics.
Try moving the door lever slowly up and down to try to get the [Coins Played] number to go out, and report back.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:13:58 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 10:00:01 PM »
...and you will keep seeing that [61] until you clear it by making sure the door optics "see" each other.
They could be out of alignment, but sixcardmark is right in saying that your door is NOT in a closed state.
If it was, you wouldn't see the two zeros when you turned the jackpot reset key.
Also, you will always hear the DBV (dollar bill validator) run the stacker mechanism for a few seconds, when powering up the machine.
It will not accept bills if there's an machine error though.

Back to the problem...FYI  The door has an emitter optic, the cabinet has a receiver optic.
With the power [ON], you could look for a blue-ish, infrared light coming out of the door-side emitter optic by viewing it with a digital camera.
The cabinet-side receiver optic doesn't emit light.

Give us as much details you can and we'll help you get your machine running the way it should....try this...>>>

Watch the [Coins Played] display on the reel glass as you slowly push the door latch fully all the way down.
Whatever number is in there should momentarily go out, and then come back on.
If that doesn't happen, there's something wrong with the door optics.
Try moving the door lever slowly up and down to try to get the [Coins Played] number to go out, and report back.

Gotcha. I will report back what l find tomorrow.

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »
I messed with the door lever both with it opened and closed and the 00 stayed on constantly.
So that leads me to think it is in fact the optic sensors being an issue?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:29:54 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »
Moving the door latch with thedoor open does nothing unless you're putting some grease on it and trying to spread it. lol

If the door optics don't "see" each other, you cannot get the game to initialise, and ready itself  to accept any coins.
So, we have to work on fixing this.

Open the door, turn [ON] the power switch.
With a cellphone camera, can you peer at the door-side emitter optic and see if a blue-ish light is coming out of it?
If so then your emitter optic is okay.

The cabinet-side receiver optic doesn't emit anything...it receives infrared light.
Do you have a spare one?
If not, contact JIM at Midwest Slots....his number is on the home page of NLG.
Below is a way to check if you have an electronic multimeter.

The way I check a cabinet-side receiver optic is to disconnect the 2-pin white Molex connector from the optic harness.
You will notice there are two wires....one is red and the other is white.
I set my multimeter dial to 200m ohms and point the optic at a fluorescent lamp.
I put the red probe onto the pin that has the white wire.
I put the black probe onto the pin that has the red wire.
When I cover the receiver optic with my finger, the multimeter turns negative.
When  I lift my finger off of the receiver optic, the multimeter goes positive, and I KNOW it's working.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 05:26:03 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »

With a cellphone camera, can you peer at the door-side emitter optic and see if a blue-ish light is coming out of it?

The way I check a cabinet-side receiver optic is to disconnect the 2-pin white Molex connector from the optic harness.
I set my multimeter dial to 200m ohms and point the optic at a fluorescent lamp.
When  I lift my finger off of the receiver optic, the multimeter goes positive, and I KNOW it's working.

This is gold and should be added to the "look here first" page....
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 06:22:12 PM »
Moving the door latch with thedoor open does nothing unless you're putting some grease on it and trying to spread it. lol

If the door optics don't "see" each other, you cannot get the game to initialise, and ready itself  to accept any coins.
So, we have to work on fixing this.

The cabinet-side receiver optic doesn't emit anything...it receives infrared light.
Do you have a spare one?
If not, contact JIM at Midwest Slots....his number is on the home page of NLG.
Below is a way to check if you have an electronic multimeter.

I do not see a blue light so l will start there and l do not have a spare laying around. I also do not have a volt meter.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 06:28:55 PM »
Contact Jim from Midwest Slots, he should have a set of door optics for sale.  He has a vendor banner on home page.

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2023, 01:18:23 PM »
Update:  receiver optic is working, however I am still getting the same 61 and then 61-1 error code.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2023, 01:52:19 PM »
Update:  receiver optic is working, however I am still getting the same 61 and then 61-1 error code.
Are you closing the door and turning the jackpot key AFTER you get the 61-1?

Offline Mord

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 05:36:40 PM »
Are you closing the door and turning the jackpot key AFTER you get the 61-1?

I've done it with the door open and closed and it does not get rid of the code.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 06:05:28 PM »
Door optics must be in closed door state when you turn J/P key.  If you are in a 61 - 61_1 loop you have to clear machine.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2023, 04:47:22 AM »
I think I've said this before but just because the door is physiclly closed doesn't mean your door optics are "seeing" each other.

You CAN do a test to make sure.
Here's a link to a short video I made once...
I should make a new one because I messed it up ( skipped right past [13-0] with the reset key) but you'll see...haha...>>>

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 09:29:52 AM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal