New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Chungwa CRT monitor not displaying red  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Chungwa CRT monitor not displaying red
« on: July 26, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »
As I have posted in a previous thread, I have a cal omega amusment poker machine. I have finally found a monitor for it and it was a drop-in replacement for the original. At first the monitor worked fine, then after bringing it from my basement to my living room (may not be relevant but decided to put this in in case it was) the red is now black. I have the 922 revision board from Cal Omega and a Chungwa brand CRT that I got from dormi here on NLG. Please Help
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Chungwa CRT monitor not displaying red
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
Flaky or intermittent connection on one of the cables or connectors perhaps? Sometimes when a working machine gets moved and jostled around a problem occurs due to this. Can try disconnecting and reconnecting connectors, cables, etc that have to do with video signal, including the connection at small end of crt (the cathode/gun end).
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »
I have reseated about every connector on the machine.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
ok, that wasn't mentioned so I didn't know you had done it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
Sorry, have been emailing with dormi alot about it stopped replying around the 8th of this month so I decided I would post. Any idea is SolidSilver is still around.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
I heard he was great with the machines. Do you want a picture of the issue?
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »
Sorry, have been emailing with dormi alot about it stopped replying around the 8th of this month so I decided I would post. Any idea is SolidSilver is still around.

I don't think SolidSilver is coming onto NLG anymore but I could be wrong. I think he had some health issues and had to give up a lot of his hobbies. I miss him and he was knowledgeable on the CEI stuff. Send a pm to shortrackskater to see if he knows anything about SolidSilver still being on NLG, he'll know.

Sure, post a photo showing the screen and its problem. It might trigger an idea or suggestion from anyone, photos sometimes help to spark something.

I moved your WTB for the CEI stuff over to the Classified Ads area, good luck!

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
Thank you for moving the subject. Here are the picture(s)

https://imgur.com/CK4HOmJ
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:59:54 PM by rokgpsman »
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 08:54:47 PM »
Just fixed it uploaded wrong image sorry.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »
Just fixed it uploaded wrong image sorry.

ok. (I was wondering about that other image you posted at first - at least it wasn't one that would get us censored!)   :garfield:

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
Update: tested the output signal with a converter board and the red was also not there turns out the issue is with the game board. I think I am going to try to replace the Red Potentiometer. Is that a viable idea?
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
The pots sometimes get intermittent, the wiper (movable) arm can get tarnished or be touching a worn spot on the resistive portion of the pot. You might try turning it back and forth a few times to see if that does anything for the red signal to come back. If you do this it is a good idea to mark or notice where the pot is now, so that you can get it back to where it is supposed to be. But if you think it is bad and can get another one soldered in there that's also fine.

You can also try bridging the pot with a resistor to connect the red drive signal around the pot, to see if that restores red signal. The resistor size can be something in size of about half the value of the pot. One end of the pot may be connected to ground, so you'd install the temporary bridging resistor across the other 2 terminals on the pot. If you have the schematic you can follow how the red drive signal comes to the pot, then flows thru it and then it goes on to the next stage in the circuit.

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
I have twisted it a couple of time, no improvement. Also what does the star mean next to your name where it says online?
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
The star means that person is a deputy sheriff here on this wild west Arizona frontier!   :garfield:
I don't know, maybe it indicates we are NLG buddies.   :wave:
<but that's just a guess, could be something else>
Ok, I looked it up, the star means you are under 18 and it's past your bedtime.   :yes:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:06:53 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 09:47:41 PM »
... summer
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:27 PM »
oh yeah.  4 more weeks, maybe 6.

Does the red, green and blue drive signal from the mpu board go to the crt monitor board on separate wires, or part of a cable?

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 09:59:38 PM »
The connector has broken out Red, Green, Blue, Ground, Horizontal Sync, Vertical Sync. in that order. Looking at the cal omega mame page those pots just control the background color. I will still attempt to replace them.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
Are you thinking that the mpu board has a problem with the red drive signal, or that the crt monitor is bad?

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »
Since I connected the MPU board's video output through a converter board and the Red was also black on that I have deduced that the MPU board has an issue. Both the arcade monitor and the converter board have no red. I believe that this is more than a coincidence.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 10:18:11 PM »
I see what you are saying. And it was working fine recently, until the machine was moved to a different location?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal