New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CEI Video Poker Not recognizing the coin  (Read 1547 times)

Offline SF22

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • SF22 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
CEI Video Poker Not recognizing the coin
« on: December 14, 2022, 09:34:02 AM »
Good morning, all!!

I thought why I was waiting on a VGA converter board I would start another post about a different problem I am having.  I am working on a CEI, Cal-Omega Video Poker Machine.  It has a 906 III gameboard and a 911 mother board.

My old CRT works part of the time, so while I am waiting on parts I was looking at one other issue I am having.  When I insert a coin, it goes through the coin comparator and falls in the hopper, just like it should.  But I cannot play a hand.  It is like the machine is not recognizing the coin being entered.  So, I have entered the test mode and gone through all the test with no problems. Everything seems to check out, even the “Coin in” test.

I inherited this from my parents and at some point, they had the coin mechanism changed out to a CC40.

Does anyone have any idea where I need to look to see what is going on here? Any help would be most appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

Offline ok2bnvus2

• Reputation Power: 9
  • ok2bnvus2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: CEI Video Poker Not recognizing the coin
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 10:29:49 AM »
from the looks of it there is no coin in thecomparitor you need a cion in it i believe there is youtube videos on it

Offline SF22

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 01:08:17 PM »
Sorry, that is an old picture, there is a coin in there and it is still acting up.  Any other thoughts???

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 01:35:13 PM »
See if this helps. I had a CEI poker for awhile and it would go into test mode but it didn’t show it. The symptoms are pretty much what you are describing

Exiting the test mode is accomplished by pressing the discard buttons 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously.

Offline SF22

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 01:40:23 PM »
Thank you for your reply!!  I have been in and out of test mode a few times and when I would exit test mode I would use that procedure "discard 1 2 & 3" like you described.  When it does exit, it shows game over so I can assume it is out.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!!

Offline SF22

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 04:09:37 PM »
So, when I got home from work, I started looking into this coin issue more.  I took the CC40 out and pulled the cover off to see if I could see any issues.  I have attached a photo to this post, it appears there has been some heat inside this thing, I can see some burn marks.  What do you guys think?  Could this be my problems?

I guess I better start looking for a coin comparator?   Do I need to replace it with an identical one or are there others that are compatible, such as the CC16?  Would I be better off switching back to the original coin handler?  Where is the best place to find these coin comparators?

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Offline SF22

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 07:32:18 PM »
Great new everyone, (SOLVED)

I just wanted to post that I got this thing to work and let everyone know what I did to get it to work just in case someone else has this same problem someday down the road.   

Okay, so my problem was my coin part of the machine, it was not registering that a coin was being placed in the machine.  It was working in test mode and if I would manually hit “coin in” switch, it would sound the alarm and say “call the attendant”. From my standpoint it was working. The coin would do exactly what it should, except register that a coin was entered into the machine.  It would go to the coin hopper just as it should.

Well with the help of another forum member I was led to the fact my machine was in "Time play" for tournaments.  I was able to get it switch out of time play and it works great now.  In normal play I can go into the learn mode and I have many more setting to adjust, which is great.  This machine works quite well, I am very please!!!

Any way quick answer is take it out of “Time play” and it will work as it should.  To take it out of time play you have to use the key on the side of the machine.

Thanks again for all your help!!!!

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 08:10:28 PM »
Sorry I didn’t look closer at your pic. I was focused on the coin mech. It says Time and points on screen.
Regular play doesn’t display Time and I assume it says Credits instead of points now.

Offline SF22

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 08:46:10 PM »
Yes, you are correct it says credit now.  Love the machine brings back many memories!!!

Thanks again!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal