New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Endless 61-1 code  (Read 552 times)

Offline Jimmyjackpot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jimmyjackpot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Endless 61-1 code
« on: September 11, 2022, 10:51:14 AM »
New Member here who needs some help.
I’m a rookie interested in the hobby of bringing some of my favorite slot machine titles back to life for use in my home.
I presently have one working S+ Machine (Double Double Diamond).
I recently acquired a second S+ machine at an estate sale (Red White & Blue).
I have no history for this machine.
I have tried many of the suggestions I find in this forum along with New Life Games with no positive result.
The appearance is very clean.
It lights up when powered up and shows the 61 code.
I press the white test button for 3 seconds and get a ding sound followed by 61-1 code.
I then close the door and press the door latch down firmly.
I then turn the jackpot key, and nothing happens.
It shows 61-1 and will not get beyond that.
I have confirmed alignment of the door optics. (Using pencil marks on the door and the cabinet).
I have tested the optics and have no light emitting from the door side. ( I used my camera to do this on both machines and see the pulsating light on my good machine and no light on this one).
I then confirmed the correct optic is on the door side (Red & Black).
Then I swapped the optics between the 2 machines and the good ones do not work on this machine and the ones from this machine now work on the good machine. (again, used the camera test).
I have looked at all the wiring and found no obvious breaks, disconnects, etc.
I studied all plugs for loose pins and solid connections.
I removed the CPU tray and found the appearance to be much better than my working machine.
The Battery tested @3.20 volts.
I removed the CMOS prom for 10 minutes, then reinstalled, powered the machine, got the 61, pressed the white test switch for 3 seconds, got the ding and 61-1, closed and fully latched the door, then turned the jackpot key with no positive results.
I then removed the CPU from both machine’s and changed the Game, Reel, and CMOS proms between them. When I installed them, the Red White & Blue CPU worked in my good machine and the CPU from my good machine did not work in the Red White & Blue.
During this process I broke a pin off the Red White and Blue game prom. I ordered a replacement (SP731) and a clear chip ( IGTS +Clear).
When I received them, I proceeded to clear the system and start over with no positive result.
I then decided to swap the Jack Pot switches between the 2 machines
The one from the Red White & Blue works in my good machine and the one from my good machine does not work in the Red White & Blue either.
Any thoughts on how to get this issue resolved will be appreciated as I have exhausted my limited knowledge.
Question…. Taking into consideration what I have tried, why is the Jackpot Switch not functioning???
More Info: The Red White & Blue does have a bill validator. Could this component interfere with the function of the Jackpot switch ?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:02:59 AM by Jimmyjackpot »

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Endless 61-1 code
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 12:05:06 PM »
Yes the jackpot key could be part of the issue. It could be a open door somewhere.
Is the bill acceptor door switch in tact ?
Has it been bypassed?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Endless 61-1 code
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 05:01:59 AM »
On the RW&B, does the number in the [Coins Played] lamp go out for a few seconds then come back on when you close the door latch?
If not, then there's something wrong in the optic wiring....or the optics themselves.
Check especially,  the green wire from the door optic back to the motherboard.
It's important you get to see the door emitter optic to shoot out infrared light while viewing with a camera lens.
If not, that means there's no power go to the door emitter optic.
Follow the ground wire from the optics all the way back to motherboard.

You must get the optic part of your system to function correctly to see the door closed or you will never get past the [61-1].

Of course, do not neglect inspecting the cabinet receiver optic for any breaks...replace if needed.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal