New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S plus RWB powering up issues  (Read 2841 times)

Offline jonbbrew

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: S plus RWB powering up issues
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2022, 04:00:00 PM »
With the power switch OFF, ( always turn off the power when working on these machines) pull out the 3 fuses one at a time, and put back in so you don't mix them up.
What are the amperage of each one?
They should be...>>>

6A
8A
6A

From top to bottom, on front of the power supply box.

I cannot see your SP and SS chips too clearly in their sockets in the photo you submitted.
They appear to be in the correct orientation, but it's not that clear.
Let's see what's written on the labels on top of the chips.
It would be good to see if there's any legs folded under the chip body.

Also, the dip switches on the right.
Usually dip switches numbered 1-4 are push downwards in the ON position, while 5-8 are upwards in the OFF position for home use...It's not that important tho.

It sounds like you're getting power to the reels....so that's a good thing.
Fiddle around with the display connector...maybe its loose?
Which display do you have? The long one or the short one?
Can you give us a photo of the back of the display ?
Esp. where the connectors are?
They should be just on top of the back panel and black plastic.
We'll help you get your machine running for sure.

I’ll check these things and get back to you. I appreciate it. Looking forward to having this running so I can rest assured to move forward with the cosmetic items.
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2022, 05:01:19 PM »
Thanks for merging mopar!

A [21] showing on the display is pointing to a coin-in optics error.
Might just blow some compressed air down there into the coin guide under the coin-in optics board to try and get some lint out or dismantle the unit and clean thoroughly.
There's 3 holes in the black plastics (encoders) that need to be clear of any debris so the optic eyes can "see" each other.
One really is an emitter optic while the other is a receiver optic.
The coins dropped go through the encoders sandwiched between the circuit boards and eyes.

Below is some pictures of the coin-in optics circuit boards.
Click on any photo to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2022, 09:54:05 PM »

Also, the dip switches on the right.
Usually dip switches numbered 1-4 are push downwards in the ON position, while 5-8 are upwards in the OFF position for home use...It's not that important tho.

Can you please explain the settings?

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2022, 08:10:20 AM »
Dip switch configurations should be on a label on your door panel...if it hasn't fallen off.
Let me know if you find it.
If not, I can look for a sheet on it for you.
Meanwhile, here's a .pdf sheet you can use your multimeter on to check for voltages for the small display.
If it's too complicated for you, disregard, as you did not answer what display you have on your machine or provide a better photo of what chips you have installed...>>>

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2022, 08:21:36 AM »
Dip switch configurations should be on a label on your door panel...if it hasn't fallen off.
Let me know if you find it.
If not, I can look for a sheet on it for you.
Meanwhile, here's a .pdf sheet you can use your multimeter on to check for voltages for the small display.
If it's too complicated for you, disregard, as you did not answer what display you have on your machine or a better photo of what chips you have installed....>>>

The door panel label lists error codes. The label on the MPU tray lists dip switch settings. Some SP chips are not affected by the dip switch settings. Refer to the PSR for your particular SP chip.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2022, 08:25:18 AM »
You're right RB...Those labels on the door and MPU do fall off sometimes.
I'd forgotten which was which.  :duh:

I see that his display is now showing a [21] error.
I think I explained earlier ways in how to clear it.

Anyways, here's the sheet on the dips that's usually on the MPU tray...like I said, it wasn't important.
Dips 5-8 are just for progressive displays.
He needs to clear the [21] error first...>>>

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:05:03 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2022, 12:36:19 PM »
Thanks for merging mopar!

A [21] showing on the display is pointing to a coin-in optics error.
Might just blow some compressed air down there into the coin guide under the coin-in optics board to try and get some lint out or dismantle the unit and clean thoroughly.
There's 3 holes in the black plastics (encoders) that need to be clear of any debris so the optic eyes can "see" each other.
One really is an emitter optic while the other is a receiver optic.
The coins dropped go through the encoders sandwiched between the circuit boards and eyes.

Below is some pictures of the coin-in optics circuit boards.
Click on any photo to enlarge if needed...>>>

OK got it taken apart cleaned and put back together still the same error. Doesn’t go away when I open or close the door. All the connections look good. Not sure what my next step would be to replace the little board? Tried to put credits on it with that little button and it didn’t work either so maybe that little board is shot?

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »

It sounds like you're getting power to the reels....so that's a good thing.
Fiddle around with the display connector...maybe its loose?
Which display do you have? The long one or the short one?
Can you give us a photo of the back of the display ?
Esp. where the connectors are?
They should be just on top of the back panel and black plastic.
We'll help you get your machine running for sure.

Here you go but still cannot get 21 to clear.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2022, 01:17:04 PM »
Well slight update. After a few power on and offs the 21 code is now gone, but the 3100 is there. Plus my test/menu button is still not doing anything. Like i mentioned before my reset switch was drilled out by someone before me. I can jump it but not sure how that will help me current.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2022, 01:21:10 PM »
nothing will work on the machine UNTIL YOU GET RID OF THE 21 CODE, I don't think you can get into the diagnostic mode ( press the white test button near the on/ off switch).

there was an old post on the old site, slot doctor or slottic,  where they wanted to make the s plus coin free, I came up with a way to make a jumper to do away with the entire cc-16 bracket and harness. the jumper is similiar to the one used on s-2000, However I do not remember which three pins we jumped together, this would eliminate all those possible components and give you some direction as to where the problem actually might be.

you could actually have a door optic issue that is not clearing the code 21, if the door optics are not working you will never clear any code!

is the cash can switch bypassed?

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »
you can hang the wires outside the cabinet hole for now and attach a on/off switch or push button switch until you get the right part, you need that switch action when clearing a 61 code!

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »
nothing will work on the machine UNTIL YOU GET RID OF THE 21 CODE, I don't think you can get into the diagnostic mode ( press the white test button near the on/ off switch).

there was an old post on the old site, slot doctor or slottic,  where they wanted to make the s plus coin free, I came up with a way to make a jumper to do away with the entire cc-16 bracket and harness. the jumper is similiar to the one used on s-2000, However I do not remember which three pins we jumped together, this would eliminate all those possible components and give you some direction as to where the problem actually might be.

you could actually have a door optic issue that is not clearing the code 21, if the door optics are not working you will never clear any code!

is the cash can switch bypassed?

Hope this helps

Jim

21 is gone now 3100. Still no reel spin.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2022, 02:24:11 PM »

Yes, it was different than the S2000 bypass.
This was one way to bypass the coin comparitor on an S+.
Another way is to wire together pins 2, 4, 6, and 10.
Pull off the coin comparitor harness and replace with this modified Molex plug-in.
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 02:41:02 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2022, 02:30:41 PM »

[3100] is an error code that means an extra coin went thru the hopper optics.
Open and close door once to remove that error code.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2022, 02:51:41 PM »

[3100] is an error code that means an extra coin went thru the hopper optics.
Open and close door once to remove that error code.
Several times no change.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2022, 03:15:17 PM »
Try cleaning the hopper optics.  Does the code go blank for a second when you close the door?  It may still be in open door mode.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2022, 03:20:51 PM »
Try cleaning the hopper optics.  Does the code go blank for a second when you close the door?  It may still be in open door mode.

No door does not make code ho away or change at all.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2022, 03:40:59 PM »
You are still in open door mode. Code 3100 will not clear until you get in closed door mode.  Check the BV door switch and bypass it if not already by passed.  The main door optics may need cleaned, re-aligned or replaced also.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2022, 05:35:04 PM »
jonbbrew,
When you close the door, do you push the door latch all the way down?
Slowly move the door latch up and down while watching the display.
It should momentarily go out then come back on.
If you can get it to go out for a couple of seconds, then you know the emitter door optic and receiver cabinet optics aren't lined up in their respective mounts correctly to "see" each other when the door latch is a fully closed position.

There is a way to visually check one of the optics.
With a phone camera, you can view the door emitter optic and see if some infrared light is flickering from the (lens) diode.
Of course, you can't see anything come out of the cabinet receiver optic as it is a "receiver".....it doesn't emit light of any kind.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2022, 09:11:14 AM »
jonbbrew,
When you close the door, do you push the door latch all the way down?
Slowly move the door latch up and down while watching the display.
It should momentarily go out then come back on.
If you can get it to go out for a couple of seconds, then you know the emitter door optic and receiver cabinet optics aren't lined up in their respective mounts correctly to "see" each other when the door latch is a fully closed position.

Clarify.....can or cant get the display to go out? So in otherwords, the optics are working if it will flash when closing the door?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal