**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical
Bally EM Hopper Question - First Time Owner
(1/3) > >>
VinceK:
Hi NLG EM pros,

I have a pair of E Series machines, but just came across my first EM machine (1019).  This machine had been sitting for some time, but using the old EM forum posts the machine is now working.  (What a great source of information.)  It was a whole new learning curve from the E Series machines.

My question is regarding the hopper.  The machine has been paying so far correctly, however the hopper runs for a short period of time on each pull.  From about the time the first reel stops until the third reel stops I can hear the hopper turning and quarters tumbling.  It does not pay anything out during this time.  The hopper then stops, and about a second later pays out correctly on winning combinations.

Is this normal?  It would seem strange to me that they would create all of the extra wear on the hopper motor.  So, although I thought I got them all, I am assuming that I have one more switch or connection to clean.  Has anyone seen this before?

Attached are a couple pictures.
rdaniel:
I am by no means an expert on Bally EM's, however, I have a Bally 831 JPO and the hopper coin disk periodically mixes the coins on its own. My understand that this is done in order to keep the coins  from jamming up the hopper during a payout

This might apply to your machine as well.
The Fatman:
Rdaniel has it right and the reason for it is correct as well. I wondered just like you if that would cause excessive wear. But after seeing the age of these machines, and the shape of the majority of the ones I have seen, I dont see any resulting damage to the motor or connected parts due to that. I see this on most JPO machines and Continental machines too. I have had one that was a JPO machine and it didnt mix the coins every pull, and the coins did pile up at the entry point on the hopper. There is a need for that feature I feel and would not try to disable it.
Nice looking machine.  :cool_thumb_up:
Dave
VinceK:
Thanks for the responses.  If this is normal for some machines to mix the coins on every pull then I will leave it as it is.  All that is left if a little more clean up, and then move it into the game room.

Thanks for your help.

Vincent
The Fatman:
I have not seen any other machines other than the JPO machines with the mixing of the hopper on every pull. I do see that your machine is a 3 coin max play machine and it is not a JPO machine. Either this newer model 1000 series machines has it on all machines or it is possible to have a hopper from a JPO machine in this one. I do see the need for it in a 5 or 6 coin machine that doesnt have the smaller pays to keep the coins from piling up in the hopper. This might be a question for Oldreno to chime in on. A lot more experience on these than I do.  :I_agree_1:
Dave
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version