**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**

Can CF cards be write protected?

(1/2) > >>

Iamwally:
Does anyone know how to remove write protection on a CF card?  I have been trying to update my master CF cards to latest OS version for my Aruze Genex machine and I have been using Rescuezilla live to make an image of the newer OS card and then trying to write that to my older cards.  Rescuezilla says it’s doing it but when it’s done the card is still the same old OS!  It is like the CF card is write protected!  Any ideas?

Thank you,

John

Slotman:
The master card for Aruze has typically been a 128mb TDK card that has no write protection software or hardware based.
Maybe you are actually writing the same file and just not realizing it?
Can you do a side by side comparison by browsing and make sure they are truly different images?

Iamwally:
I used rescuezilla to create an image of the newer OS card then wrote that back to the older OS card so I’m pretty sure that it was supposed to be overwritten with newer OS but I will double check!😎

Thank you,

John

Iamwally:
I think I am going to give win32diskimager on windows 7 a shot and see how that works out?!?!

Thank you,

John

Iamwally:
Ok I am at a loss!  I have tried everything and cannot get the cf cards to write!  I am being told they should not be write protected but yet I cannot write to them!🤬. Open to any ideas or suggestions!😎

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version