**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

S2000 Vision Ms. Little Green Men startup issues

(1/4) > >>

MB75:
Hi,

After removing the Telltale battery and its IC on U79 the machines has still difficulties with booting.

Need to power it of and on several times before it finally starts.

It then says that it will auto setup the Netplex and after that i still need to perform a reset before it works.

Closure MCLB is often showed.

A common error in the log is insufficient memory.

RAM error is also present

How can i resolve this ?

I have two types of RAM in the board a KM684000ALP-7L and a 5L. Could this has something to do with it ?

How can i best clean the IC sockets without having a ultra sonic cleaner ?

Many thanks

Stayouttadabunker:
They SHOULD be of same type & model.
I use a 32k & 16k to get 48k extended RAM to run the more-graphic Vision games like "Pink Panther", "Ms.LGM", or "Shooting Gallery".
Do you have the boot up jumper on, so you can if the LCD computer is picking up on the RAM stick sizes?
When booting up, you should watch to see what size "Extended RAM Passed" the LCD sees, as in the bottom photo.
You need at 32k of Extended Ram Passed to get the LCD topbox computer to display a simpler, less-graphic game such as Double Diamond Mine.
Again....you need 48k to run Ms.LGM....you may have to shop around for matching RAM sticks.
"Insufficient Memory" message tells us something might be wrong with one of the sticks.
The sockets female contacts should be okay...if you want, maybe a shot of De-Oxit, or contact cleaner that you can buy at Autozone, Advanced Auto parts store for example, will help...I'd use a white eraser on the RAM stick gold contacts.

(Disregard the yellow square I drew around some of the displayed text....I was showing something to some else with the photo.
They wanted to know how the LCD computer would pick up the CF card inserted....the "Fixed Disk" would display a "1" rather than a "zero".)

Click on any photo to enlarge if needed....they are both sized on one side of the photo be max of 1000 to fit restrictions...>>>>

MB75:
Thanks for your replay

Will check the boot jumper.

I was actually referring to the board RAM. ( see picture )

About the Sims i will check later.

Stayouttadabunker:
Those are "System RAM" chips on the MPU.
I'll be honest with you...I know nothing about those ones you have, because the only ones I've ever seen in those two RAM sockets, are embedded chips on small black or green circuit boards .

See that onechip with theroundd glass exposed.
Stick some tape over it.
The UV glass should not be exposed to any light or it may get corrupted.

MB75:
Thanks,

Yes glass is already covered. It’s an old pic. Sorry

Will see if i can find some more info about the system rams. Think i can replace them anyway without making problems. Its just RAM.

The problem i had earlier ( the not spinning reel 6 ) and was resolved by popping out and in the chips tell me that there could be some kind of contact issues with the sockets. Gonna clean and replace the RAMS.

The boot jumper is a nice tip though. Thanks  :cool_thumb_up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version