New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Pink panther  (Read 7290 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Pink panther
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2021, 05:00:31 AM »
no unfortunately no display

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 05:21:38 AM »
The wires I've circled in yellow are bothering me

At the moment, I am nowhere near an S2000 machine.

Can anyone verify why he has a red and black wire going into the Molex connector with orange wires and why there's a black and white wire crimped together?

Also, since you're in France, aren't the electrical outlets 220 volts AC ?

Can you tell me if this machine's power supply box was converted from 115 VAC to 220 VAC ?

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 06:15:19 AM »
I believe the red and black goes to the bell.

Do you have another power supply you can swap ? Wouldn't hurt to have a spare as well. They are a common issue.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 08:47:42 AM »
So the wires coming out of the Molex (red, orange and black wires) go well to the bell
The white-red and black wire that are crimped go to the top left card on the Molex (see photo)
Yes it is an original 220 / 240v power supply
Unfortunately no, I do not have another power supply to interchange it

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2021, 10:07:20 AM »
Hi,

When I opened the block to check the capacitors, I didn't notice anything in particular
Should we change some as a priority?
Does anyone have the schematic of this box and the information on the capacitors?
Thank you for your invaluable help.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
There's probably nothing wrong with your power supply unit as you've already stated that you have 12 and 24 volts coming out of it.

I don't know why the blue VFD display isn't coming on....maybe it's zapped? I don't know.

Let's see if we can get your LCD to come on.

In the photo you've posted (#2), there's a regular desktop power header coming off the LCD circuit board right under that ribbon cable.

Remember the old XP, Vista desktop computers we use to have?

They had power supplies that had 4 -pin white Molex connectors that had the power coming out to power up desktop MPU's.

They also had different connectors for the hard drive power, and the CD drive power.

Well....this Vision LCD is powered up with those same plugs.

If you got a desktop power plugged in there under the ribbon cable, the jumper on the two pins behind the RAM memory sticks, you would be able to see the LCD boot up.

It would probably halt at some point as it's searching for the SB chip on the machine's MPU as you have have problems with the machine itself but yeah....you could get the LCD to power up all by itself on a bench with just an old desktop power supply.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2021, 11:20:08 AM »
I have info and pictures for the Condor supply. I will post in the general forum with the other power supplies when I get a chance.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Turn the power off. Remove the MPU and leave it out and turn the power back on. See if the VFD lights up.  And is the bill acceptor cycling during power up?

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:25 AM »
Shot in the dark but do you have a reset on your power distribution box?

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2021, 06:49:18 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have an old computer power supply but I will try to find one in the week to perform the test even if I admit not having understood where exactly the jumper ?
Regarding the issue of the fuse holder, it is good when I tested it with a multimeter.
Eh concerning the question to turn on the slot by having to remove the CPU, indeed I have two indications which appear for the first time on this screen, see the photos

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2021, 08:09:47 AM »
If this is without the mpu inserted then the problem is MPU or chip.  Normally a bent pin will give a red light on mpu. Check all of the chips.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2021, 09:11:53 AM »
There is just a yellow light and a green light on the board

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
Did you check the legs on all the chips?

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »
Remove each chip very slowly and it's orientation....they ONLY go back in with the notch on top of the chip body facing the notch on the chip socket or the imprinted etching on the circuit board itself.

if the legs are straight, the chip may be okay....make note and report which chips are in which socket.

Be certain each leg goes back into every socket hole fully.

Take your time and do things slowly until you get better at it.......this is a hobby - not a job that pays you by how many pieces you make per hour.

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2021, 04:06:20 AM »
I just removed all the EPROM and they are all visually ok, no broken or bent tabs
They are 32 and 40 pins and I wanted to know if there are the equivalent models at https://fr.rs-online.com/web/
So I will order some in advance if I need to schedule any later

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2021, 04:15:38 AM »
Hi,

I just got two old computer power supplies but I admit I don't understand or plug it into the LCD screen
I took pictures of the back of the screen as well as of the two power supplies that have different connections
Thank you for your help

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2021, 05:50:35 PM »
Lets try this. Tell us everything your machine says. Turn on, Display passes self test??  Checking memory??? APP start??? Waiting on video screen??? Tell us everything "In Order" Forget the monitor right now. It is waiting on something from the machine. You said it lights up then goes dark. It is working

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2021, 06:06:50 AM »
Hi,

Here is a video when switching on it will perhaps be more telling, the turn of the LED screen at the top lights up at start-up then goes out and unfortunately nothing happens at the level of the two screens (the LED and the blue part in the center on the left) of the machine.
The yellow and green buttons are lit on the CPU board

https://youtu.be/jhQLX4gw6wE

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2021, 07:26:53 AM »
Perhaps you didn't understand.  Only the blue vfd screen. Close up so it can be read. 

the rockin elvis

Offline nglayton

• Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2021, 08:19:13 AM »
Hi,

Here is a video when switching on

https://youtu.be/jhQLX4gw6wE

This is helpful, but didn't show long enough to see what happens.

Back in post #49, you had 2 pics of the blue screen showing the boot sequence and messages.
1) Display passed self test
2) Displays Netplex Link is down.
3) ??

Are there more messages or does it stop there?

I could be wrong, but it also looks like the jackpot reset switch wires are not attached to anything?
(maybe these 2 wires go someplace else?)
If you replaced batteries, pulled chips, etc you are going to need these connected and a key to turn the switch several times.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:35:21 AM by nglayton »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal