New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Video display communication failure ?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Oldslot

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Oldslot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Video display communication failure ?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »
Thank you so much for your help. I will get the parts and report back with the results.

Offline Oldslot

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2022, 10:55:19 AM »
Thanks again for the video! Very helpful. My next question is .. I understand this will lite my screen. Will this resolve the neplex link issue? And allow this board to boot? Thanks

Offline Oldslot

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
The board pics.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:49:10 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 12:01:38 PM »
Thanks again for the video! Very helpful. My next question is .. I understand this will lite my screen. Will this resolve the neplex link issue? And allow this board to boot? Thanks

No. The only thing it will do is light up the top screen so you can see what it's doing hopefully.  It's possible that your inverter board is good and the CCFLs are bad.  You'll know for sure when you swap the inverter board (what bunker calls a ballast).

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 12:03:28 PM »
I couldn't really tell from your photos if any IC component is burned out.
Look carefully at each IC component.
You may see one that looks overheated....the circuit board itself around the chip will look a little browned.
Anyways, not too important as you're getting another working ballast anyway.
The IC components on these ballasts or invertor boards are really small and tough to repair without proper magnifying soldering equipment.
Micro-soldering is another level of board repair.
Swapping out the invertor board is cheaper than swapping out the CFFL's at the moment.
They are NOT easy to get at in the LCD....if we findout that your CFFL's won't light up after you change the invertor, then I can give you a link to a new LCD screen that should have good CFFL's inside.

"Netplex link" message on the blue VFD display can mean several things.
However, replacing a burned out LCD screen ballast will NOT make that message go away....in fact, your burned out LCD invertor/ballast has nothing to do with it.
I DO have a link to a short pdf file about diagnosing a "Netplex Link" error message.
It actually says "Netplex Link Down"...not sure if there's a difference.
Maybe someone can chirp in here.
Give me a few minutes to search for it.

Okay...I found it...I copy&pasted it.
You can try it while waiting for your topbox unit parts...here it is...>>>

How to diagnose a Netplex Link Down error.

First disconnect all Netplex devices except the blue VFD display. 
This includes the bill acceptor, printer, some progressive displays, some top box bonus devices.
Now that those are disconnected check the following.

Is your error solid or blinking.
Blinking
     Do you have a 50x or 1270 mpu?
          Remove the Varta and U16.
      50x
          MPU fault.
Solid
     Do you get no disp on your credit display
     No
          The MPU is not booting check the mpu for signs of faults or problems with the chips.
     Yes
          Check voltage at the blue VFD display on the 2-pin connector.
          Check the data cable for any signs of damage, especially where the door closes.
          MPU is faulty or damaged...check for bent pins.

Later on, if we find that your cheaper part (the LS520 invertor board) doesn't light up the LCD, there are replaceable LCD screens with the CFFL's inside available here and there online.
Here's a link to some replacement LCDs that I've found that work with the Vision topbox LCD units...>>>
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Sharp+LQ10D421&_sacat=0

I've taken one of these small LCD's apart...believe me, it's easier and cheaper to buy the whole thing than to try and locate/replace the CFFL's that go inside of it.
The model number of the LCD screen is...>>> Sharp LQ10D421

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:50:16 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Oldslot

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2022, 06:22:32 PM »
Thanks. I will post progress.

Offline Oldslot

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2022, 03:09:10 PM »
I got the new board and put it in.  Does not work or light up.... I saw in another post the box that is behind the hopper - where the Grey wires from the small display plug in could be bad? It has a red led light that is not lit.  The link to buy one shows out of stock. Are these available somewhere else? Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2022, 03:17:50 PM »
That could be the problem with your comm error message, but it won't fix topbox display.  The CCFLs in the panel must be bad in it. 

That red led is not normally lit.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal