Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming** > LCD and CRT Monitor Repair Tech Support
vertical collapse?
(1/1)
hairy otter:

I have a Hantarex MTC9110 with, what I think, a vertical collapse problem.

Here is a video of what is on screen, during this video I try to adjust all pot's (V Amp, V Freq etc.): But at best there is a very bright line in the center of the screen and the bottom part of the video below that.

Video

I've already replaced IC1 (TDA1670A) and the capacitors as suggested by Randy Fromm's flowchart. (C9, C14, C15, C57 and R46)
But with no solution.

I checked the waveforms on TP3 and TP4 with folowing results:

Video TP3

Video TP4

Could a full re-cap be usefull or is there something else wrong?

Thanks in advance. Hairy Otter
cowboygames:
I am not familiar with that particular chassis. What is the TDA1671? It doesn't cross in my ECG guide. Have you checked/replaced your vertical output IC? Checked the resistors that feed it?
hairy otter:

--- Quote from: cowboygames on April 29, 2014, 04:47:47 PM ---I am not familiar with that particular chassis. What is the TDA1671? It doesn't cross in my ECG guide. Have you checked/replaced your vertical output IC? Checked the resistors that feed it?

--- End quote ---

My bad, I have changed the TDA1670A (instead of the TDA1671) which is the vertical deflection IC.
Here is the Manual: Link

If I look at TP4 it seems that only the bottom half of the waveform is correct, compared to the picture on page 15 of the pdf. On the monitor I also see only the bottom half of the screen, the top stays collapsed.
TP3 looks nothing like in the manual?

Navigation
Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version