**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Electromechanical
bally big 5
(1/4) > >>
mark the spark:
hi guys need your help!!!
have just bought a bally big 5 which is a 1190 export model
its a single line win but you can play 1 to 3 coins
the machine will except 1 2 or 3 coins and will register them
on a win the hopper will just empty itself this will happen on 1 2 or 3 coins played
if I switch the machine off (it has a on off switch just inside the door) and on again it will stop
what I have noticed is that the hopper spiral cam is not moving at all
if I press and manually operate the coil it will count round and on say a 10 coin win it will stop the hopper paying out as it steps off the 10 win
I have looked at all switches and contacts on hopper but I am not familiar with the odds multiplier and what the 2 small reels do, that have the numbers 1 to 9 on them
the only thing so far I have discovered is the coil for operating the spiral cam is white-red trace but has been cut and joined to red-yellow trace and leaves the hopper beau plug on the top right hand pin as you look at the hopper plug
I will trace this further but wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction
I feel that the hopper works but is not getting the voltage to the spiral cam coil
if any questions or photos required just ask :thank_you:
rdaniel:
Hi Mark. Please include some photos. It would assist us in analyzing your problem.

thanks
CVslots:
Mark, do you have access to the old site (I believe you do, as I recognize your name from there)? If you Search "runaway hopper" on the old site, you will get lots of info on the problem there.
buybestslots:
1st make sure the hopper stepup coil is good that moves the cam ,the coil  gets its power thur points on  top coin roller  when coins move it , also make sure the hopper is for right coin  a small coin won't count .nothing you can,t fix on a em  1190 is just a different  model  1090 was  more common your most likely is a bars and sevens model aka ghost /jpo
Amechanic:

--- Quote from: buybestslots on July 24, 2014, 04:21:53 PM ---1st make sure the hopper stepup coil is good that moves the cam ,the coil  gets its power thur points on  top coin roller  when coins move it , also make sure the hopper is for right coin  a small coin won't count .nothing you can,t fix on a em  1190 is just a different  model  1090 was  more common your most likely is a bars and sevens model aka ghost /jpo

--- End quote ---

Mark.. You need to check the contacts back behind the wiper board, by the 100 tooth gear. I had a run away hopper problem on a Bally EM.. I found the contact on the top were bent. There should be two contact that have a nylon bumper. They open and close as the 100 tooth gear is advanced. If those are not adjusted and working correct it can cause a run away hopper. I just finished working on one of those EM machines you have there. I removed the top glass and fluorescent light so I could watch my top box work. Mine would reset from three coins back to one. I found my handles switch's to be dirty and out of adjusted. Hope this help..

Gary   
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version