Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators
DBV-200 Spins Gears Backwards in Test Mode….?.?.?
<< < (2/4) > >>
850mph:
The lever definitely “Sprigs” down into a stable “locked” position.

And…

The lever definitely “Springs” Up into WHAT SEEMS (from my limited knowledge) a stable “locked” position…

With the cash can out…

I can see the gear on the left and the two little nibs protruding down into the cash can space.

Also…

The little nibs on the back of the cash can seem to seat properly.
850mph:
Ok thanks….

Yes, mine is not sticking up that high……

So I’m guessing even though the gear is sticking down into the cash can (and engaging) the unit is NOT LOCKED into place…..

Let my pull the mechs and look again.

But, PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong…..

The locking lever would NOT prevent the validator head from running the bill tests..??

My unit will not accept bills (as described in op) the test mode..

850mph:
I think the locking handle is functioning properly….??
It may just be bent a little at the “elbow” causing it to look a little low while in the up position.

Stayouttadabunker:
Deja Vu!!
I was just talking to someone else about this red handle on another website about a year ago.
Look underneath the transport, I think there's two small metal tabs...make sure those are inserted/seated at the back end in fully THEN you tighten the two brass knurled thumbscrews.
It's important to seat these in right so the white plastic gears mesh perfectly.
Basically, it's all mechanical....sometimes you have to re-bend stuff back into shape....sometimes it's just worn out too much.
I like to tell people this is just a hobby, take your time and eventually you figure out how it works...lol
850mph:
Thnx to all who have replied…

I guess there’s not gonna be a quick fix.

I’m beginning to think it’s a cash box alignment/optics/extraction lever thing….

So let me ask two questions in order to get LAZER BEAM Focus on the “right” area:

1) I had originally thought the slot handle arm stuck in the down position (as mine is) might be influencing the Validator (hitting micro switch continuously)
— On second thought, if the machine works with coins with arm stuck— it’s not a problem for the validator
— Does that sound right?

2) when in “Test Mode” the Set-Chip options AND all other “Standard” options set via the Test Button have ZERO EFFECT on the testing process
— While in Test Mode, the DBV kinda acts alone, and does NOT seek any configuration options from CMOS
— Is that correct?

I’ve spent the night (literally 10 hours)  checking wire/jack continuity, cleaning all optics (again), going over stacker, pusher and cash box functionality….. Above answers will help me focus on “correct” non-functioning areas vs spinning my wheels.

THANK YOU!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version