New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Electronics Real Magic 715816 Not displaying errors, just lit up  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Logohas

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Logohas New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hello. I'm new in this forum so I thought this is the best place to post it in that category and so I already searched this whole forum and internet to find my answers with no luck. So I got that really unknown slot machine Golden Real Magic 715816 from 1994 to repair. (Not responding to coins) So when I got my first look I thought there might be something wrong with the coin acceptor, which I am not able to test. There was nothing on the LED displays and only some parts of the machine were lit up besides that their lights work . Then I looked at the insides, and I already knew I had to replace the battery. Sadly when I unsoldered it, I noticed it spilled it's guts on a small part of the board and some of the parts including tracks were corroded  :no: . So I cleaned the board (ICs, sockets, resistors, capacitors), repaired corroded tracks and made sure they're continous and working and finally soldered a new battery (Well, super capacitor). I then turned it up and it still worked "passive" but after an hour it revieved itself! It displayed a code but I wasn't paying attention because it was rolling  :banghead: and the reels were rotating and there was sound. Sadly it all ended after a few seconds and it went back to it's "original" state. Now I ordered new ICs, replaced them to make sure the corrosion didn't damage the previous ones, replaced the supercapacitor with a LiPO battery, also replaced couple of resistors and capacitors, but without luck! I checked connectors, fuses, continuity of wires, everything looks fine and after I replaced the ICs the word "Service" lit up. Now I have absolutely no idea what to do next.  :EmoticonHelp4:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:44:53 AM by Logohas »

Offline Logohas

• NLG
Re: Electronics Real Magic 715816 Not displaying errors, just lit up
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
Also I forgot to mention that I tried to reset it (clear RAM), precharging the battery, checking voltages, I also checked all transistors which are working. (Sorry for the messy image). Those are the ICs I exchanged: 1x: N82S123N 1x: SN74LS245N 1x: SN7438N 3x: SN74LS367AN and 1x: MC6082P I wasn't sure about the CPU so I searched the internet and found the only one image of similar MPU but I can't post it because of the copyright stuff  :Scratch-Head: so I post the link here: https://oldcomputer.info/others/rouvoet/index.htm

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Ok, "quick" update. I disconnected of what it appears to be the main power plug for the MPU, and the 2 reels on top and bottom are stiff. It may be some short circuit problem on the board maybe or it is giving signals to make reels loose? :Scratch-Head: I'll continue my diagnosis. It's been already a month from when I started repairing it.

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:37 AM »
Next update. It seems like the reels aren't getting a signal to get stiff. I already exchanged CPU, HEX bus drovers, (reprogrammed) ROM and exchanged the battery. Still nothing, rest of the components seem working, besides of the CMOS RAM. I'd like to get an answer to that if I can just exchange it without programming?  :hail:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 07:48:42 AM »
Does this machine take coins or tokens? It appears to be a souped up pachislo machine.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 08:20:19 AM »
Hello, it takes British pounds. So it takes coins.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 08:32:58 AM »
So this is made by Rouvoet Electronics? I'd like to move this thread to Reel Slots "other" and add the manufacture name, if that's correct.
It might get more attention there.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
Yes it is. The company doesn't exist now, but it has "evolved" into Novomatic. If you can, sure you can put it in the right category.

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:57 PM »
Ehhh... Well, I really wanted to fix it. But it seems that replacing the CMOS chip changed nothing. I surrender.

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 06:41:25 PM »
It is very old, with a 6802 processor. Probably late 1970s. It would not have had a supercapacitor because they were not invented back then. It probably had nicad batteries, which were trickle charged from the 5V supply. If you put a lithium battery in place of a nicad, you better be prepared for a fire or an explosion! Serious warning.

I see it has UV erasable EPROMs. Unfortunately it's of an age where they will start to lose their memory - back in the day they were only guaranteed for ten years and it's been forty. You may be able to recover the contents if you read them back at a lower voltage but you will never know if they read right.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 07:28:14 PM »
If that is a lithium battery (BLUE SQUARE) I agree - remove it.

My 2 cents on your PCB -

You said you (reprogrammed) ROM. If you mean the 82S123 PROM (RED SQUARE) then OK. If you mean the 2 ROMS (YELLOW SQUARE) on the right of the board, then you may want to put the original 82S123 back in the board or try to read it and program a new one. You will need an older burner to do the 82S123.

The CMOS RAM (ORANGE SQUARE) can be replaced - no programming needed.

That looks like a lot of damage. Be sure you got all the traces hooked up everywhere they go. You could resolder the pins on all the connectors, they do fail quite often on older machines like this one.

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 07:39:25 AM »
Yes, the yellow ones are intact from the beginning. And also I exchanged later on the 3.7V battery to a NI-Cad 2.4V one.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 07:57:14 AM »
Sounds good on battery and uv eproms.

I take it you were able to program the 82S123?

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Logohas

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »
Yes I was able to program it. Also when i put it in and launched the machine, after 2 minutes i saw reels rolling and the lights worked properly. The word Service lit up. But still no error code so no luck. Sadly it all went to the primary state. -Not even the service lits up its just existing.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal