New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My Grandpa's ANTIQUE slot...what is it???  (Read 19065 times)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: My Grandpa's ANTIQUE slot...what is it???
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
Did you get it?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
Guess whats under this tarp?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:25:35 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »
Stop It ! Post that pic!

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »
Guess whats under this tarp?
Your killing us! I bet it is a.................... Sewing machine for the wife or is it a mixer?...... Ya hoo
It's, I bet, a shortrackskater's gift that has been a long time coming. It's here guys I know it! Come on, how about a peek?
Jackpot :applause: :Crazy: :hissyfit: :banghead: :EmoticonHelp4: :dancing_2:
I blew up the photo to see if I could see anything, just nothing but the size is a clue
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
Aaaah, he probably missed out;
that's a conciliatory keg of wine :drinking_wine:

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
Maybe your right and that is just the bobby prize, oh well, lets drink up.
Jackpot :chug: :drinker:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »
Your Cruel! I can't take it anymore! :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Just wrote a nice LONG reply and got that stupid "fatal error" message!
Hang on!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
And once again...
Yep I got it!
I had been watching this on Ebay for a year now. The price had been fluctuating from $3500 down to $2200. He went lower one time and so I made an offer with the "buy it now" offer. Instead of maybe compromising, he instead pulled the auction off and relisted it at something like $3800! I guess I offended him! I was just trying to get him down since it DID say "make best offer."
Soooooooooooo I've been watching it all these months, and finally realized my time might be running out. It was located at a antique store about an hour from me in Pasadena, so I decided today was the day to go there. When I had e mailed a couple days ago, a lady there replied to me quickly and said the price was $1950! So I armed myself with some cash and decided I'd offer $1300 and see what happens.
I met the lady, and then a man... who WAS the ebay guy! I made the offer and he nicely said he'd call the owner (supposedly!). He came back a few minutes later and said that the owner DID want the $1950.
I went and got some more cash and was able to get it for the $1950 including tax.
I'm VERY HAPPY! This machine is incredibly special to me and I'm glad I got it, and THANK YOU to Jackpot for finding it!
I'm not sure if it has the cash box... no keys and the back has some replacement panel on it. The front key looks like a Mills lock and the back is an aftermarket lock. I'm going to contact the shop and see if the owner may have the keys. I'll start another thread on this and post about my NEW machine.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:38:32 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
And once again...
Yep I got it!
I had been watching this on Ebay for a year now. The price had been fluctuating from $3500 down to $2200. He went lower one time and so I made an offer with the "buy it now" offer. Instead of maybe compromising, he instead pulled the auction off and relisted it at something like $3800! I guess I offended him! I was just trying to get him down since it DID say "make best offer."
Soooooooooooo I've been watching it all these months, and finally realized my time might be running out. It was located at a antique store about an hour from me in Pasadena, so I decided today was the day to go there. When I had e mailed a couple days ago, a lady there replied to me quickly and said the price was $1950! So I armed myself with some cash and decided I'd offer $1300 and see what happens.
I met the lady, and then a man... who WAS the ebay guy! I made the offer and he nicely said he'd call the owner (supposedly!). He came back a few minutes later and said that the owner DID want the $1950.
I went and got some more cash and was able to get it for the $1950 including tax.
I'm VERY HAPPY! This machine is incredibly special to me and I'm glad I got it, and THANK YOU to Jackpot for finding it!
I'm not sure if it has the cash box... no keys and the back has some replacement panel on it. The front key looks like a Mills lock and the back is some replacement. I'm going to contact the shop and see if the owner may have the keys. I'll start another thread on this and post about my NEW machine.
Dam, very nice original, I also I see that is has the delayed pay unit inside, I can see the wheel in the photo once I blow it up, this is missing on a lot of machines so that my friend is a very good sign. Do you know how that works, if not let me know I'll explain it to you. Those red panels on front can be removed and you can put clear glass and add the mint rools, also you can get period type mint packages to put in there, I can also help you with that if needed. This is just a display so what you put in there is displaid forever. The mints came out of a side vendor that have been removed from most all these machine like yours. I can also help you with any photo's that you can send me, so send away if you have questions on anything. It is also possable to make a mills key for your front lock so don't distroy that. Get in the back insted and you should be able to remove the screws from the lock and save it. If you have an after market lock on back it should be very easy to pick it. Good show in getting something that means so much to you, how can you ever put a price on that.
Jackpot :applause: :applause: :applause: :dancing_2: :applause:

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »
Um, Shorty: I think you got bitten. If you look at the serial number on the front plate, just to the left of the handle,
you'll note the number begins with 58.  This is the series of reproductions (made in China) that were dumped on the market in the late 1990's.
The internals are all from Japanese Pachislo machines.
It's probably worth about 25 bucks.

[ :) delayed April Fools, brought on by intense envy. Why is there no "drooling" emoticon on this site?]

GREAT CATCH! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »
Um, Shorty: I think you got bitten. If you look at the serial number on the front plate, just to the left of the handle,
you'll note the number begins with 58.  This is the series of reproductions (made in China) that were dumped on the market in the late 1990's.
Great one, ya got me for s sec, even though I knew better, no one reproduced these old goosenecks, but someone did a few with :Crazy:  the old cast iron operator bells. :Crazy:
Jackpot

[ :) delayed April Fools, brought on by intense envy. Why is there no "drooling" emoticon on this site?]

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »
beautiful !!!!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 05:40:55 PM »

GOOD LORD! You scared the SH*T out of me, for about three seconds! April 3 fools Day!

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 05:44:49 AM »
And once again...
Yep I got it!
I'm not sure if it has the cash box... no keys and the back has some replacement panel on it. The front key looks like a Mills lock and the back is an aftermarket lock. I'm going to contact the shop and see if the owner may have the keys. I'll start another thread on this and post about my NEW machine.

Here is a mate to it, only 2,800.00 so this should make you feel a tad better unless you want this too! You know, these are like potato chips, no one can have just one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JENNIINGS-SLOT-MACHINE/121404645765?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D777000%26algo%3DABA.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29267%26meid%3Dd67155301a77439196cb240956bbf27d%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D151639644318
Jackpot  :dragon2: :dragon2: :dragon2:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 04:17:05 PM »
I've seen that one. It looks nice, better condition although it has the square coin window. And I think the seller is going to lose on that shipping cost. It seems too cheap.
I think I'm good with the one for now. It will have 17 other friends!

Offline Humvlittled

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Humvlittled New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »
New member, Just checking out the site more. What a great story and Happy ending! Everybody on this site is so helpful. Glad to be a part of it!
Damon AKA Humvlittled

Igt Double Bonus Poker  bar top
Sigma Cherries R Wild Slot
Williams Big Bang Piggy Bankin Slot
Final Lap 3 Arcade

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 06:05:14 PM »
New member, Just checking out the site more. What a great story and Happy ending! Everybody on this site is so helpful. Glad to be a part of it!

Here's the slot today. I haven't done much other than get a new lock in front. I learned to pick locks since two locksmiths couldn't get it opened! It took me about 45 seconds. The other thing I did was put back in the mint display with the reproduction mint-candy tubes, made of wooden dowels. Eventually I'd like the side vendor but they're hard to come by.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal