New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Bill validator /stacker problem  (Read 4755 times)

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BelleRouge New User has no influence.
  • Learning never ceases
S2000 Bill validator /stacker problem
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
Hi everyone. I got the Double Gold I was working on up and running perfectly a couple months (minus the coin operation because he hasn't decided if he definitely wants to do that yet) but I have encountered a problem that for the life of me will not go away.  It all centers around the bill validator/acceptor/stacker.  The bv intializes but at the end of its normal cycle it makes a reptitive zzzz zzzz noise and the bezel never lights up. No call attendent or error and it appears to be ready for game play but with no bv no credits can be added. I have reseated the cash can and the bv unit itself, lifted to door latch to clear any stacked errors. There is nothing jammed in the bv and upon visual inspection all gears and belts look good.

The whole machine was transported from my place to my friends house where it will remain and we were very careful with the move and it has a very sturdy base. It worked fine for about 4-5 days and now getting this problem.

Any advice is as always greatly appreciated.
~Belle

**the board has no varta and the board is good with no trace damages.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Bill validator /stacker problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
Do you have another bill acceptor or cash can you can try?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
Unfortunately I do not.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
well you could try and eliminate one thing,  first, go into the menus and do an auto re-configure, this will generally tell you that the bill validator is installed, this usually will force the unit to cycle.  second, try and test the transport and head in the machine, remove the transport, remove the cash can,  place switches 1-2-3 and 8 in the on position, turn off the power to the machine, install the transport, turn on the power to the machine, now turn switch 8 off, the unit should cycle briefly, now you should be able to insert bills into the transport, it should accept them and return the bill into the area where the cash can would be.  this will test the transport and head unit.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »
Well I didn't have to try that because when I got to his house I turned it back on shut the door, raise the latch a couple of times and vóila it came up correctly. I am not confident it will stay in this mode but who knows maybe I didn't lift the latch quite enough times yesterday. If it goes down again I will definitely try the above. Thanks so much.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:18:36 PM »
Sounds like you could have had what's referred to as stacked errors, and by opening and closing the door a few times you were able to clear them all. You know where to find us if something else pops up.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:16:56 PM »
Well within a few hours now it back to the same state except for now it says bill validator error.

If I need to order a new one I can but if anyone has a trick to making it work I am all ears.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »
Just a thought. Has the battery on your MPU board ever been changed? Did the error come back when the game was on and being played, or when turned on?
And remember...

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
The coin cell is at 3.06 volts. It was put in not long ago with this mpu because the last mpu had a bad varta and trace damage.

And the error came back afree being switched off and then turned back on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:35:11 PM by BelleRouge »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »
Open the top of the scanner head of the BV and clean the upper and lower optics lenses with plain water and a washcloth.

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »
Ok I will try that in the am. He wasn't home today for me to go by but will be tomorrow. Will post back afterwards.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
when you go to his house, please try the stand alone test I described in reply #3, this will tell you if the unit itself is working.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »
Cleaning did not help. And it passed the test 2 days ago but today it did not. It would not take in bills. Tried several different bills including the one I used the other day. Guess it means nwe validator/transport

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »
You might want to check the plug connections behind the bill acceptor. Does the unit cycle when the cash can is inserted? If your cash can is beat up, or the locating pins of the side are loose it may not be seating properly. It's a long shot but worth checking.
And remember...

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
It does cycle when the cash can is inserted. At the end of each cycle (whether its on boot up or cash can) it makes that dang  zzzz zzzz. Zzzz zzzz repetitive noise at the end and the bezel won't light and it won't accept bills. I know the bezel is working because when I ran the test (dip switches) the bezel light flashed while doing the test.

I think the machine likes to drive me crazy.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 02:33:09 AM »
Does the bill acceptor cycle slow or sound like it's struggling? I'm wondering if your cash can and bill acceptor are not messing well or properly ? If the locating pins come loose or get bent, then you start having problems. Can you post a picture of you cash can and it's gear area. Can't tell you how many I've swapped out for various reasons.
And remember...

Offline BelleRouge

• Ms. Up to no good
  • Learning never ceases
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
It cycles normally until the very end. The very last sound it typically makes is repeated 4 extra times.the pins are not bent on the can.  I can go over in a little but when his wife gets home if I need pics.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 11:09:52 AM »
What might be help too is a short video with sound. The bill acceptor does have a clutch or spring loaded gear. I'm not sure what it's for or works. It's possible you have a weak motor on the acceptor, but pictures and a video will be helpful. Hate to see you buy another unit only to figure out it was the cash can.
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 05:45:47 AM »
The scanner head needs replaced.

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 06:25:49 PM »
I know this is an older Post.
But,
The Yellow MEI Bill Validator stack Error can be frustrating to correct.
I had the same problem & tried the On/Off thinking it would fix it"s self, & other ideas Posted here.
What worked for me was I turned off the Machine with Zero credits, I don't know it this matters or not.
I had an extra Cash Box that I replaced because it was making noise when installing Tickets.
So I changed the Plastic Cash Box, in the machine, to  the one  that was making noise & Bingo, it works as advertised.
No noise as before. Try & figure that out?
This may or may not help but these S2000 are a little Finicky to diagnose.   
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal