New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: VISION - Crystal Fives - SB chips missing  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
VISION - Crystal Fives - SB chips missing
« on: January 14, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »
Hello,

I have just recovered a broken IGT Vision CRYSTAL FIVES.

When I take out the MPU I realize that there is no Stepper Base in U21 ???

GME chips are: SG000093
Compact flash card: ATA 10049 BGM00033

When I look in my list, BGM00033 = DOUBLE DIAMOND BONUS WHEEL
What is the correct Stepper Base chip? I couldn't find the correct name in my list?

I also have a Vision Double Ringer which has the same paytable.

DOUBLE RINGER

CRYSTAL FIVES

For the 2 games the Top Award is 5,000 credits.

I have tried several combinations of SBxxxxxx and SGxxxxxx and finally succeeded in resetting the machine, but it is still not functional.

I think the SB000090 chip seems to match. In any case in the paytable test the symbols of the Crystal Fives correspond to the table of the Double Ringer

It's weird because I can go into the menus and set the machine (name, machine type, game…).

But when I close the door I have a red screen.

And this message on the VFD: PROTOCOL MISMATCH

Is it the flash card that is corrupted or is it because they are not the right chips ?

Thanks

IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: VISION - Crystal Fives - SB chips missing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 02:30:36 PM »
Have you tried 5x pay bonus spin SB000139??

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
I don't have the SB000139.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:22:56 AM by Nurbo »
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:04:43 PM »
Me neither  :24:   I do know that all vision SB's start with SB00xxxx or maybe even SB000xxx.  Elvis and Bunker are the vision guys.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 04:42:03 PM »
Try SB000102. I think it's a clone of the same game.

:mail:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
SB000113 might work too.
I have it listed as a Diamond Fives Bonus Spin SB chip.
Of course, I'm not sure...I've never tried this game.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 05:20:32 PM »
I would try sg248's or 380's. Your screen is telling you it has the wrong bgm for the SB chip. The vision SB's are 76 or77 and maybe the bonus spin bgm 6. 138 and 139 are not vision chips
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »
May I see a photo of the BGM PCMCIA card you're using?

I want to see if it's an original or a fake.

Show me the label too?

Both sides.

If that card was ever inserted into a computer with an OS newer than Windows XP, it will leave a small 1 to 4 byte file onto the CF card...corrupting the checksum needed to match up with the SB chip you're using....providing the SB is the correct one to start with.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:43:50 PM »
Thank you all for your responses!

Thanks to Ron  :cool_thumb_up: I'm going to try 2 different chips, SB000102 and SB000139.

Regarding the ATA Flash card I think it is original, I have never read it on a PC. Nothing certain, however, with the previous owner.
On the other side is the blue sticker indicating the size: 20 MB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 01:00:48 AM »
I agree.
It appears to be an OEM IGT Vision compact flash (CF or PCMCIA) card.
I hope those SB chips work with it.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 03:53:57 AM »
I have tried with SB000102 and SB000139 chips and still have the same problem.

I think my ATA flash card is corrupted or formated/empty ???

Here are the steps I do:

- Clear RAM with IVC00097 ok with the 2 orange diodes.
- Setting up the Stepper Base (102 or 139)
- Normal initialization, 4 reset key strokes + white switch + door closing.
- Call attendant… door opening then 3 reset key strokes.

The red screen appears.

Setting up the keychip 45. I can fix everything. The keychip menu appears on the LCD, I set the name, machine type etc….

I leave the menu and close the door.
The LCD screen turns blue with the message "There is a problem with the machtine, call attendant"

Below is the boot sequence of the LCD screen BEFORE the screen turns red.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
When you get to the blue screen where it says "There's a problem...." and close the door, what happens?
Does the screen change to a blue watery, pool liner-like screen that says "Please Wait..." ?
Another reason for your "red screen of death" might be your extended ram memory stick...I use 48kb on my top box LCD computer.
I see yours is only at 31,744 kb.
Some games need the 48kb sticks to run correctly.

Since you can get into the menus, try this...>>>

In Setups, go to Logs and Version Logs and show us what's in there.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:53:13 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »
When you get to the blue screen where it says "There's a problem...." and close the door, what happens?
Nothing at all...stay on "There is a problem..."

Does the screen change to a blue watery, pool liner-like screen that says "Please Wait..." ?
Never seen this screen.
And for information, all the components are ok because I installed my other game kit and everything works (Double Ringer).

Another reason for your "red screen of death" might be your extended ram memory stick...I use 48kb on my top box LCD computer.
I see yours is only at 31,744 kb.
Some games need the 48kb sticks to run correctly.
Ok, I will add more from another machine.

Since you can get into the menus, try this...>>>

In Setups, go to Logs and Version Logs and show us what's in there.

Soon  :yes:

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »
Most likely the sb, BGM  combination. Possibly an old ata#

the rockin elvis

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 10:16:05 AM »
I only have 16mb rams, even on the other machine. So I can't try with 48MB.

But I think the previous owner didn’t touch the ram sticks.

Version Log

Error Log

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 10:32:26 AM »
Is the card in the top slot? Some of the cards will insert front or back.  Will only work one way. Just a thought.

the rockin elvis

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
Yes, In the top slot.

I will immediately try the side port

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 10:42:49 AM »
Nothing changes. It does exactly the same problem.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 11:09:46 AM »
Thanks for the pictures...helps...a little lol
That's what I do, I check everything to see what the machine is seeing.
Looks like it's "seeing" everything you installed.
The biggest clues are the messages in the red screen of death and on the VFD screen that said "Protocol Mismatch"

9 times outta 10 "Protocol Mismatch" means that the BGM is not matching up the checksum value from the SB chip.
What ALWAYS sucked on the Vision platform and the platform afterwards is that neither software "device" tells us what matching SB, BGM, or strips to use!!!
I've always was disappointed about that in the Vision platform - it's so hard to find out what matches with what.

I started a huge undertaking a couple of years ago trying to make a Master Vision List and asking all Vision owners to send me all their Vision software setups and matching strip numbers.
I got a lot of responses from different owners and vendors from around the world but it's still not complete by any means.
I will add everything you've tried to the Master List on this game that hasn't worked.
Hopefully we'll have a better answer for you from a Crystal Fives Bonus Spin machine owner.
To be honest with you, there really isn't a whole whole lot of Visions out there that are on NLG....my search for Vision owners and more info on software and strip setups continues...
I do understand that there are quite a few Vision owners on your side of the pond....if you know any, could you direct them here ? That would be awesome!

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 01:52:00 PM »
Thanks a lot for all these informations.

I no longer have a problem with the S2000s with the many information I found on NLG but also by putting machines back into service and doing tests.

Yes I noticed that there was no game correspondence file with the chips.
For the S2000 it exists and I do like you, I update it as I find new data.

Here is what I have that works in combination with SB chip and flash card for Vision slot.

DIAMOND FIVES DOUBLE RINGER 3R 2C 1L
SB000090
SG000166
ATA10061 BGM00034
Strip AAB 84608000 - 84608000 - 84609000 no backlit

MATA HARI 3R 45C 9L
SB000936
SG000621
ATA10065 BGM00179 (+ side card without indication)
Strip ABC xxxxxxxx - 84667100 - xxxxxxxx no backlit (xxxxxxxx=the strips are too stuck)

I don't know if I will find the missing SB chip, I will try to find the phone of the previous owner ... with a little luck he will have taken a picture of the MPU ...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal