New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: more Game Maker issues,..  (Read 5332 times)

Offline moementum

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • moementum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: more Game Maker issues,..
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 03:16:41 PM »
I'll take it, let me compare pics when I get home tonight, and I'll bring touch...

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 10:42:28 AM »
It's ALIVE!! Special thanks to "TILT" for the deal on the new  video card. Was a bit stressed at first as it didn't see to solve the problem, but after a clear, it works like a charm!! Thanks again TILT!!

Now to find that little rectangular "MAX BET/STAND" legend...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 04:55:19 PM »
That's great, congratulations :applause:  I'm glad you got it working and glad to help.  Enjoy!

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »
Not so fast...LOL.after about 2 hours the be upper monitor seems to have crapped out. Look like I'll need a replacement. No output whatsoever. I know the card is good, just nothing from the upper 20" monitor. Anyone have a spare?;

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »
You can switch the upper and lower vga cables on the MPU to verify it's the monitor.  You can probably repair the monitor if it went bad.  Typically the inverter board or power supply fail the most, that's been my experience anyhow.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2021, 07:21:13 PM »
Going to try the cable switch to be sure, when I quit cursing at it. As far as repairing the monitor, where does someone go about learning that procedure, or securing parts? Haven't checked the NLG Forums yet, but maybe there's a page..

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2021, 08:48:48 AM »
You can probably find what you need from one of our vendors here on NLG.  There may be some videos on youtube that may be helpful.  But removing it from the door frame and taking off the back cover is pretty straight forward.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2021, 08:12:57 AM »
Switched the video cables on the video card and the lower monitor always displays, so the CPU and video card are functioning. Watched a few videos and read posts about possibly repairing LCD & LED monitors. The fan on the monitor runs so it has power, just no output whatsoever. Removed and disassembled the monitor. There's not a typical looking (at least from what I've seen on videos) power supply board though. All cables and the power cord go into a small PCB. There are capacitors on this board, but they are the small, almost pencil eraser sized vertical chip capacitors. There's a ribbon cable leading to another larger board that has 2 of the typical polarized radial caps. They were directly under the fan and completely covered in black dust goop. Cleaned all the crap off and inspected the 2 caps. No visible swelling and  they may or may not have leaked, as it's hard to tell because of the strange black dust from years of the fan running. Not sure if these could be the culprit I've been looking for as it doesn't look like the other monitors I've seen on all of the repair videos. Is it because it's a touch screen? I'm going to attempt to replace the caps as the monitor doesn't seem to work anyway. If anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated ....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 08:29:31 AM by moementum »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
The board on the left is the inverter board and the right the AD board.  I've fixed a couple of inverter boards by replacing the caps.  In addition to those look for any surface mounted fuses and check those to make sure they're still good.  They'll be labeled with a F and a number.  e.i.  F1, F2, etc. 

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2021, 10:41:33 AM »
Didn't see any fuses, but I did find a small "reset" button on the smaller board. Planning on testing it again before I change the caps. Its had a reasonably good cleaning and now that I'm aware of the reset button, I'll give it one last chance before it goes under the knife. Fingers crossed

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2021, 01:32:06 PM »
Picture a bit blurry but that looks like a fuse to me.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2021, 04:28:35 PM »
Yes, it appears to be a fuse, but what type is it and is it soldered in or what? I haven't seen one like this before.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »
Yep, it's a 3.15 Amp surface mount fuse (good eye Tony) that is soldered on like the other components.  It should read 0 ohms across it with a multimeter.  Interesting that the board says 5A, but the fuse is a 3.15A.  It may have been replaced before with one of a lower value?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »
If it is blown - the CCFL's are probably bad. You can try to replace it and see if the backlight works. The inverter board is only for powering up the backlight. If it works for a little bit and blows the fuse then you will need to replace the lamps.

If you want to be sure it is a back light problem - meaning the display is working, but you can't see it because the backlight is bad. Shine a light at an angle on the screen - get close and look for the displayed image. If you see anything then the display is OK and just the backlighting is bad.

Hope that helps. If you would like more info, PM me.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »
I'll ohm out the fuse, and if it reads 0, I'll reassemble the monitor, hook everything up and try the reset button. If it still doesn't work, I'll replace the caps as they appear to have leaked a bit & I already have some in route. If it still doesn't work, I'll dispose of it and get a replacement. I'll keep the 3 people (LOL) on this forum posted. Thanks for all the help!!!

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2022, 04:39:11 PM »
Just an update, cleaned the pasty black dust off the circuit board under the fan. Decided to reassemble everything and try the RESET button on the back of the monitor. It seemed to do the trick. Everything works as before... And if it ever decided to quit, I already have the replacement caps. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. On to my next projects, an S2000 MATA HARI vision, and a Williams 405 round top Jitter Bug.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:10:36 AM by moementum »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal