New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: V7000, changing games  (Read 2707 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
V7000, changing games
« on: January 20, 2022, 11:38:15 PM »
On my Gamemaker, I would like to Add/change a game. P10 is open, Can put a game chip in it and the machine will recognize it? If not Can I remove a game from another slot and replace it with a different game?
If someone has the correct procedure I would appreciate any help. I’m trying not to have to go through a complete ram clear set up, just to Add/change a game. Thank You.

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: V7000, changing games
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 07:04:46 AM »
Hello, I have included the link below, instructions for a Gamemaker game change. In the future I would suggest searching the forum for solutions to problems you are experiencing. Many topics have already been covered and solutions found, a search will be your best first step.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=69.0;attach=85

Dan (Tacman)

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 07:17:02 AM »
Thank You so Much, TACMAN. I looked through the 6 listings under Gamemaker and didn’t see anything. If this address You sent me was there, then my fault for not browsing throughly. I Appreciate Your response.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 07:34:45 AM »
I just read the instructions that are posted at the site that is listed above. When I get to the part that states “INSTALL KEY CHIP IN P10”. The ? I have is do I flip switches 7&8 on SW1 when I ado this? I will document this for future use, as it will save so much time in, NOT having to reprogram entire board every time I want to Add/Change a game. Thanks again for all your help.

Offline Chris-socal

• Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 08:34:49 PM »
These instructions do not call out switches 7&8. Switch them while doing step 7 when putting program chip in.
Put the board back in and restart, it will be in setup mode.

Personally I leave 7&8 switched until I am done with setup, I think you just need to be sure to switch them back before game play.

If you need a cheat sheet for setup PM me and I have one that I can share.

One thing, you can put the game in and try to reboot without setup. I heard on rare occasion it might work without setup.

Chris

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 12:16:14 AM »
Thank You Chris. I’m still learning the different ways to use this site. If I can figure out how to “PM” I will do so. From Your title, I believe that We are neighbors. I’m in So. Cal. as well. Thank You for Your help.

Offline kcirrick

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • kcirrick New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 06:33:44 PM »
Late to the party and hope I don't step on toes, but thought I would mention...

When I'm just changing games on my Game Makers I don't bother with the clear chip. I just power off, flip dips 7 & 8, change game chips as desired and power on.  It tells me to flip 7 & 8 back.  Power off, flip the dips back, power on and configure the games.    No bothering with jurisdiction and all that configuration.

You can always leave a game chip in P10.  You only remove it if you are going to do a total clear.  Then put it back in when you remove the clear chip.

Even easier...

I was able to snag an extra MPU.  10 games on the installed MPU and 10 on this new one.  I just power off, swap boards, power on and I have 10 different games.  I'm on the hunt for one more MPU for my other GM.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 04:43:16 AM »
Thank You, I will try that as I have 3 Gamemakers, and a HOT, HOT, HOT gamemaker board. I only use one machine. The others have smaller monitors, and older validators. Probably just keep the boards and scrap the rest of them.

Offline Chris-socal

• Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 07:46:22 AM »
Late to the party and hope I don't step on toes, but thought I would mention...

When I'm just changing games on my Game Makers I don't bother with the clear chip. I just power off, flip dips 7 & 8, change game chips as desired and power on.  It tells me to flip 7 & 8 back.  Power off, flip the dips back, power on and configure the games.    No bothering with jurisdiction and all that configuration.

You can always leave a game chip in P10.  You only remove it if you are going to do a total clear.  Then put it back in when you remove the clear chip.

Even easier...

I was able to snag an extra MPU.  10 games on the installed MPU and 10 on this new one.  I just power off, swap boards, power on and I have 10 different games.  I'm on the hunt for one more MPU for my other GM.

Way better! Someone mentioned you might be able to swap without clear but I didn’t want to state it as fact.

Offline kcirrick

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 01:11:42 PM »
Yeah, it just occurred to me one day.  All I wanted to do was change some games.  Why should I have to do a total clear just to do that?  I tried just flipping dips and it worked.  I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who already knew this.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 04:24:08 AM »
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. It

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 05:58:21 PM »
Well, This worked on one of my boards so far. I just did it to one, after flipping #7,#8, Screen showed safe ram clear. (The 1st one displayed reset dip switches.) So I flipped switches back and now I

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 05:59:49 PM »
my computer is jacked, get back to you

Offline kcirrick

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 12:28:56 AM »
Just spit balling.  Is it possible the boards have different mains?

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2022, 01:30:48 AM »
Would it be best to send pictures of the 4 different boards and, Maybe Someone on the site can see if any of them are compatible with each other? I wouldn

Offline kcirrick

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 06:21:58 AM »
I don't think you need to post pics.  Your boards are interchangeable between Game Makers and mains can be swapped between boards, but different mains will have different options.  The MPU drawers are different between uprights and slant tops of course.  Older mains will give you different/less configuration options.  I have 24 mains in both of my machines. 

When you flip 7 & 8 and power up, the screen should just tell you to flip the dip switches back.   If a machine is not doing this it may have older mains.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal