New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809-f 1968  (Read 1512 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Bally 809-f 1968
« on: May 17, 2022, 01:37:48 PM »
I’m restoring this 809-f and it sees to have the wrong reel strips and wrong stop index wheels..

Does anyone know the 809-f and I know by trying that it’s not the same as 809-b

I also looking for the reel strips, stop index wheels, reel and top glass for the 809 if anyone have this glass for sale :)

It does not have the payout unit only the counter unit and I have never seen any machine before having it on the top like this, have anyone here seen it before?

Can this be a machine made for export or is it a us model?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 809-f 1968
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 03:16:55 PM »
looks like you have an 809-f cabinet and top glass, but the rest ...

when it left the factory, the 809-f was the same as the 5 cent version of the 809-b.  There were tape and index disc differences between 809-b's for different coins.

I don't know how many machines used reel tapes with 8-ball symbols ... most were 742-A machines.

your reel glass is inconsistent with the top glass for some payouts, so it looks like someone assembled a game from pieces.  I assume it's no longer a multiplier machine, so it's acting more like a 742-A?

to ID the reel mech, are there any markings on the wiper boards in black pen?  If not, what codes are stamped into the index discs?

to id the tapes, either write down the symbols as they appear from top to bottom (top symbol is where you see the tape overlap) or remove the top of the tape from the tin and look for the code written on the underlapped section for reel 1.  It'd be something like m-220- 791.

from the symbols I can see in your pic, the tapes are consistent with m-220-[791,792,793] which were used on a few "forty-niner" versions of the 742-A.  The tape definitions are below.

the corresponding index discs would have p-484-[239,240,241] codes or BF-49-[1,2,3] codes stamped into them.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 09:34:31 PM »

It looks to me that both the hopper and reel mech are a 809 but since I can’t find any info about the 809f I’m not sure..

Here’s some more pics :)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 01:03:14 PM »
the 809-F is the same as an 809-B.  Even used the same schematic initially (w-1046-511).  Eventually the 809-B schem was updated to w-1046-1756

I don't have 1756, but the 511 schem is in the 809-B stuff on https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

your payout counter is not from an 809-F - it used M-645-118 for the contact plate.

new guess is someone took an 809-F cabinet, some glass and a reel mech and swapped in the reel shaft and hopper from a 742A-something.

if they didn't make any wiring changes on the reel wiper boards, then the payouts probably don't match the glass. 

it looks like you have a score motor with one cam, which wouldn't be enough to do odds multiplying unless all the multiplying stuff is still in the top compartment and the motor/cam is just generating pulses (faking a coin exiting the hopper) ... which would work.

I guess you need to decide whether to make the game work like the top glass says (change the reel tapes), or if you don't have the pieces, you'd need to replace the top glass with something that matches the tapes.

next step is probably stick the reels on symbols that don't match the glass and see if/how they are wired on the reel wiper boards.   Your tapes have melons, 8-balls and I assume 7's that aren't on the glass, and the glass has double and triple bars that aren't on the tapes.

Offline kjnuke

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • kjnuke New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »
Those reel strips you have are for an 809 forty niner. I have a 809-ZZE forty niner with those reel strips and the correct upper glass. I was told to be careful with that that upper glass, as it would be almost impossible to find a replacement.
Probably be easier to replace the strips if you can find them. I think the triple bar machines were more common.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 01:58:10 PM »

How does your 809 ZZE upper glass look like?

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 11:32:24 AM »
I'll try and figure out how to upload a picture of mine for you.
There's a lot going on with that machine. Would be interesting to see what's behind that upper glass and if the multipliers and everything else is still there with that score motor on top.
809-F is a triple bar machine, so I'm assuming the upper glass is correct for it symbol wise, not sure of the payouts though. It also has the wrong reel tapes.
Also, per wolftalk, the payboard is not the correct one.
You'll also need to source a reel glass for it that is correct.

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 12:33:52 PM »
Here's a picture of my upper glass.

Offline kjnuke

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 09:05:52 AM »
The payout counter on my 809-ZZE is the same as yours (96). So it seems that it should pay as your reel tapes on that machine. Maybe wolftalk can expand on that.

Offline keystone9

• Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 12:11:17 PM »
I'll take that upper glass if you change it out.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
Those reel strips you have are for an 809 forty niner. I have a 809-ZZE forty niner with those reel strips and the correct upper glass. I was told to be careful with that that upper glass, as it would be almost impossible to find a replacement.

nice!  I missed the forty-niner versions of the 809 when looking at reel tapes.

your payout counter disc cannot support the payouts on you glass.  You need a 20 trace, and the M-645-96 disc doesn't have one.  You could get creative with modifying the -96 board to work, but it'd be very kludgy.  Be better if you can find a board that supports the pays you need.    However, it's possible and then you'd just need to change the tapes.

the unknown is your slotted reel index discs.  Need the code numbers stamped into them.

right now:
- your reel tapes and payout counter would work for a forty-niner machine, but not an 809B/F
- your glass is an 809B/F.
- the index discs are unknown
- reel wiper wiring is unknown.  While they may have started life as 809-F's, rewiring the contact plate and changing wiper finger connections is easy.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 09:35:03 AM »

Thanks for your help and feedback about this strange game and I have decided to put the machine away and maybe use it as a part machine, so it’s back in  storage and I rather start on another project :)

I really appreciated it and now I know a lot more about this machine :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal