New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Top monitor doing weird stuff...  (Read 738 times)

Offline moementum

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • moementum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Top monitor doing weird stuff...
« on: May 23, 2022, 08:06:44 PM »
IT'S ALIVE!!!! AND THE BV WORKS!! BONUS!!! Need to see what kind of printer harness is in it and hopefully it's one I have... The reason for the post is two fold.

#1 as the game is booting and loading, both screens are centered etc., But once the game comes up the top screen is zoomed in to the top left quarter of the image. What gives?

#2 game play is pretty quiet, I have the volume up all the way on the set-up menu and the player menu as well, but it's just so-so. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe something to do with an amplifier? I know little about these machines. Keep in mind, it's a BB1 stepper, converted to a BB2 dual screen.....

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Top monitor doing weird stuff...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 04:42:18 AM »
What monitor are you using in the top? It may not be compatible resolution wise.  As for the sound the BB1 stepper amp is analog, changed it out to a digital amp with the rca plug from the cpu to the amp.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 05:52:59 AM »
What is going on with the top LCD screen?  :scratch-head_2:
It doesn't even fit right or display correctly? Sideways??
I hate to say it but it looks like crap.
Get something that fits right.
I'm going to bet that is NOT a WMS monitor. :no:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 11:04:07 AM »
UPDATE.....

Volume issue was solved. Speakers worked so I assumed it was likely the amp. If I unplugged the jack leading to the amp, there was no sound, but just because there is audio when plugged in does not mean its being amplified. Borrowed and amp from a project BB1 and problem solved. So loud I had to turn it down. Now I just have to replace the one in the project machine.

The bigger issue was the top monitor. STAYOUTTABUNKER is right, it looks like crap. But, only because I have it mostly disassembled. Originally, there were little home made mounts that lifted the screen up, secured it and a tempered glass bezel with black painted areas to make it look professional. It looked nice, but the little mounts prevented the main door from closing properly. Anyhow, it appears to have been there for some time, so I can only assume it displayed correctly at some point, likely with a different game. The monitor is some deconstructed LG with the printed circuit glued to the back. It works, BUT, it's a 21" monitor. I believe that is the root of my display ratio issue. with some guidance from members here and on various FB groups, I've bought a 22" monitor to replace this one and see how it goes. Installed a new fan in the top box today as the one that was in there when I got it had a broken blade and the wiring was cut.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 01:06:31 PM »
Problem solved. Bought a used NEC 22" monitor off eBay. Could have installed it as  received, but I chose to disassemble the housing and then install it. Works like a charm. Still have a bit of finishing and fitment to do, but it looks great!! Displays correctly and looks crisp & bright.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 05:42:56 PM »
Great job!!
Looks tons better!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal