New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gamemaker 8000 - Mains saferam signature corrupted - need assistance  (Read 7632 times)

Offline vbtalent

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • vbtalent New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Gamemaker 8000 - Mains saferam signature corrupted - need assistance
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 04:15:15 PM »
That would be great Chris.. in the meantime I need to figure out why the door when closed thinks it’s open.

VB,

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 09:34:38 PM »
I am somewhat stumped. With my door open this is the menu I have. I will see if I can find someone who knows more about Gamemakers. Attached are pics of my machine with door open in setup. Maybe your machine is newer.
Are you positive your machine has a mechanical door switch?

Chris

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2022, 04:20:45 AM »
The menu items certainly are different, it does seem that they are from a different version. Could it because of the choices made when entering the setting for the EPROM, maybe the PRIMARY HOST, etc.?

Could you show me what your EPROM settings look like?

I'm headed over there this morning to re-clear the RAM and to try the other option for the door which I think is "Optical" any idea on how I can make that determination???

Thanks for the screenshots.

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2022, 06:39:52 AM »
On the upper right of the door opening there would be a miniature circuit board that detects the fitting on the door. It does this with infrared as opposed to a mechanical button. I was looking at the pic you posted with your door open but that section was cropped out of the pic. Mine is optical.
I was also instructed to use Jurisdiction 1, but I don’t know what that impacts honestly.
I cant show you without re-programming it.
I did send a note to someone much more knowledgeable, hoping for some input by this afternoon.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2022, 06:56:00 AM »
In this instructional video he walk’s through the entire process. Near the end it appears his menu options are more like yours. The Terminal ID is called SN and it is under the configuration menu. I would try that before doing a complete reset. His region is 8 so stick with what you were putting there.
Did you ever activate a jopper or bill validator?

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=35405.0

Thank you shorttrackskater for finding this.

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
Re: Game Maker configuration
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2022, 03:45:10 AM »
Some progress was made last night... Wahoo!

We ran a RAM clear again last night and I changed the door from Mechanical to Optical and that solved the door issue.

I also was able to enter the Terminal ID, so I entered all 1's. I assumed this was going to fix the credit issue but we are still unable to add any credits and the game is not setup for free play?? Maybe I missed it in the video, I'll try watching it again and see if it jumps out at me, thoughts??

VB, 

Offline Chris-socal

Re: Re: Game Maker configuration
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2022, 05:34:47 AM »
Hoping admin can pull this back to your original thread.
One question came up when I asked about this, is this game a US model?

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2022, 05:38:17 AM »
Hoping Admin can pull your post from tne training video back into this thread.
One question came up when I asked around, is this game a US model?

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2022, 06:52:28 AM »
Sorry if I posted incorrectly.. I thought I was responding to the last post.

Just a summary then, we got the door fixed after changing to “Optical”, so good there.

We did get the Terminal ID and Serial # set but we are still having a problem setting it up for free play, not sure where we’ve gone wrong???

This is a US game to my knowledge.

Jobber or bill activator? I’m uncertain of where this setting is… I did set the Bill Acceptor to NONE when entering the RAM settings.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2022, 01:20:12 PM »
No worries, I think you pressed on the link I provided and replied there. I’m sure someone administrative can move it.
I thought the problem was that you couldn’t get the game out of Demo mode, then I thought it wasn’t taking bills. I do not know if you can set up free play, I never tried. I keep a $20 a $5 and a few $1’s on the machine and load it up when needed. I know some people keep a $100 around. You could set the machine up for 1 cent denomination so $100 would be ten thousand credits.  I’m probably the wrong person to ask, I don’t set any of my arcade or slots for free play I use quarters or bills in everything.

Chris

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2022, 01:26:49 PM »
$100 at $.01 denom = 10,000 credits

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
$100 at $.01 denom = 10,000 credits
Thanks, I corrected my response. Didn’t use my abacus correctly!

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2022, 10:18:52 AM »
Sorry for not getting back sooner but things came up and I was just now able to get over and take another stab at getting this going...

I believe the only problem at this time is getting credits on the machine. Since there is no bill or coin mechanism on this machine using coin/tokens is not an option. He did say that it was originally setup for free play and that he had to hit one of the buttons on the front panel to add credits. I see nothing in the menu for doing so but there is a small electronic device wired into one of the switches (far left) that might be something related to that process???

It appears also that the coining mechanism was taped together.

I've attached some pics in hopes that someone has seen this before and can help.

Again, thanks for the help with this.

VB,

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2022, 10:19:33 AM »
just a couple more pics...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2022, 10:41:49 AM »
 Which button is the "small electronic device" wired to?  That is probably wired to be your credit switch.

The last photo of the switch taped closed is to bypass your BV cash can or door.

Offline channelmaniac

• Surface mount soldering geek
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Few things are better than fixing an old game...
    • Arcadecomponents.com - Looking for hard to find chips?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »
Hoping Admin can pull your post from tne training video back into this thread.
One question came up when I asked around, is this game a US model?

Yes sir. Happy to be of service.
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2022, 04:46:16 AM »
Which button is the "small electronic device" wired to?  That is probably wired to be your credit switch.

The last photo of the switch taped closed is to bypass your BV cash can or door.

It is tied to the "Service" button.. I have no idea what the mini board is but it isn't factory. Could that be something like a TITO board???

I've also been under the impression this was a Gamemaker 8000, when in fact it is a Gamemaker V7217CT, not sure if that matters.

Also, would putting the machine into "Tournament" mode have anything to do with it? It seems like there would be no need for tokens in Tournament, just trying to come up with a solution.

VB,
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 04:53:40 PM by vbtalent »

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2022, 04:26:44 PM »
Everyone stumped?

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2022, 04:43:50 PM »
 The board is not a TITO board.  What happens if you tap on your service button? Does it credit up?  Also, is there writing on that board?

If that game was modified to allow the service switch to allow coin up.  You may need to change you "Coin Acceptor" setting.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:07:59 PM by 63mini »

Offline vbtalent

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2022, 03:17:18 PM »
Here is a closeup of the board.. 

Currently, when pressing the button the service light goes on.

VB,

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal