New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Printer Comm Error  (Read 784 times)

Offline sakwilla

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sakwilla New User barely matters.sakwilla New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Printer Comm Error
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:43:29 PM »
Hi all, was hoping someone would help me with an issue - warning I am terrible with terminology and parts so please be patient with me!
I have a WMS BB2 cabinet and it was on for an hour, worked fine and then a Printer Comm Error came up on the screen - did the usual checked the plugs disconnected and reconnected etc and couldnt fix it. Luckily I have a second WMS BB2 that was working fine and I swapped over the Printer from that machine to see if the Printer was the problem and it wasnt. Eventually I fixed this machine and it was working fine.

I then put the printer back into the second machine that I used to compare and the Printer Comm Error came up on this machine. I checked the cables restarted, ram cleared etc and the error wont go away. When i open the cabinet and the pink menu screen comes up I noticed that the Printer Comm Error disappears and after a few seconds it appears again, then disappears and appears again so it will clear for a few seconds and then come back. Not sure if its a lose cable as I have pulled apart and reconnected all the cables to no success.

At this stage I ram cleared it again and disable the printer so I can atleast use it with the TITO deluxe I have installed.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it. I even tried to swap over the printer cable that connected to the board underneat the CPU unit but there was a single orange cord that was attached somewhere in the machine and couldnt swap it over.

Please help a newbie out! :S

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Printer Comm Error
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 01:24:07 PM »
Which printer is where?  I'm thinking the printer on the original machine is intermittently failing?  You said you eventually fixed the original machine with the problem, what did you do to fix it?  I would try a source a good known working printer to totally discard the printer causing the issue.  Also can you do a test print on the printers?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 10:19:25 PM »
Hi Rick have included photos of the printer and the inside incase I am missing something - as mentioned Im not tech savvy so hoping its something simple like something unplugged maybe. I cant print a ticket as evident in one of the photos as it states the printer is "busy"

Have included a video of the setup screen with the Printer Comm error appearing and disappearing constantly. Very frustrating issue.

Theres no issues with the other printer / machine just want to get this one sorted. Rick would you be able to make this post open to everyone as it states Still Waiting Approval to make this post public. Hoping someone can help solve this frustrating issue. Thanks in advance: (Photos attached and youtube link of error below):

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 11:08:07 PM »

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
Can anyone help me out with this as still not working? :(

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »
When you set up the date, time and denomination, you still have problems with the printer?
Your video shows you haven't finished those steps yet.
The single orange wire from the printer harness should be going into a 6-pin connector right?
That goes to a 6-pin connector coming out of the power supply.
You should be able to see/compare it with your other BB2's?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 08:38:21 PM »
I'm thinking you probably have a flaky printer.  What firmware is on this printer? (power up holding the feed button to print a diagnostic page with the information).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline sakwilla

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 02:53:39 AM »
Image of printer info attached. I swapper printers with another WMS machine as I have three and that printer worked in the machine so I am assuming there is something wrong with the printer. Does the ticket info tell anything about the issue?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
It says you have the right firmware, but there is no way to know if there's an issue with the serial port on the printer.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal