New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Lower Candle Rapid Flash, but Game Plays  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
S+ Lower Candle Rapid Flash, but Game Plays
« on: July 25, 2022, 11:15:47 AM »
I've got an S+ that's been fully refurbished and plays beautifully, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the lower Candle to stop flashing.

According to the Candle Chart, it basically means the Door is Open while Idle.

This is not the case, however.

I'm guessing that it's a stuck circuit somewhere? Really no explanation for it.

As stated, Main Door is Closed and Latched, Coins and Bills are accepted and everything works as it should.

Thoughts?

Curtis ash100

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 09:04:49 AM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: S+ Lower Candle Rapid Flash, but Game Plays
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 12:47:49 PM »
Your drop-door jumper is likely missing.  Look for an open 2 pin connector hanging down near the right rear, coming off the bottom of the harness bundle.  If nothing is on it, you can test the theory with a paper clip to join the pins temporarily, and if that's it, just clip that connector and wire it off.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 01:07:32 PM »
Sometimes called - belly door.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 62
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 02:30:28 PM »
If memory serves that game won't play with an open door situation. Because the game is playing I think you are after something else. I'd start with the light in the candle itself. Some of those were flashers. Change the bulb and see if that helps. I would also hook up a different candle to the machine just to make sure it's not the candle itself.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 02:44:34 PM »
I had one that had the door optics done on and had the same problem.  Tried to troubleshoot but no luck. Ran out if time and took the bulb out. Maybe check for optic bypass? If you fix it - let's us know. 
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »
A stock S+ candle only has 4 wires going to it.
The GREEN ground wire which goes to a grounding lug in the cabinet topbox.
The BLACK common for the bases of both lamps.
The YELLOW hot wire for the top lamp and finally,
The RED hot wire for the bottom lamp.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 02:50:54 PM »
Still haven't figured this one out, but want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

The bulbs are all fresh JKL55's and all do the same thing.

I can swap the Upper and Lower Bulbs, and the Lower still flashes.

It does stop flashing momentarily once the Main Door is Closed and the Machine is registering that everyjing is ready for Game play. But then goes right back to flashing once the Insert Coin Light Illuminates.

There is no Belly Door Switch.

I swapped MPUs and Motherboards out, still no change. Traced all of the wiring looking for shorts, opens etc. and found nothing abnormal.

Next I will swap out the Candle from a different machine, as suggested.

If that doesn't remedy the problem, then I guess I'll just remove the lower Bulb. Lol.

I'd definitely rather fix it though. Turning out to be quite the science project.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Curtis ash100

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 407
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 06:25:59 PM »
It will go off when you finish making a bet and completing a game...unless you hit the jackpot.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RobinAK

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 08:10:42 AM »
Drop door is my thought also. I has a s2k do the same and the drop door jumper was missing. Drop door for coins going into the stand, not the belly door.

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »
Precisely what I meant, thanks for reiterating RobinAK.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »
It does have the Drop Door Jumper installed.

Jim sent a picture of it's location, so I verified that it was installed.

Still blinks rapidly with all Doors closed, plays normally as if everything was properly configured, does not stop flashing after game play.

Had some coin acceptance issues so changed out the MPU and Motherboard once more, at seperste times, and it looks like the Motherboard solved the problem. 

Must have a short somewhere in the circuitry.

This topic is now solved.

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Curtis ash100

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal