New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Slot Machine Manual  (Read 1792 times)

Offline OJanosikO

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • OJanosikO New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Slot Machine Manual
« on: July 26, 2022, 11:32:02 PM »
Anyone know any good sites or have any on hand theyre willing to sell or pdf?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: S+ Slot Machine Manual
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 05:03:28 AM »
Donate to site and become a contributing member and you can access the file download section- all the information you pretty much need is there.

I replied to your PM.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Olds442

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Olds442 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 01:24:35 PM »
Thank you both, I will be looking into the contributing member part. And the good thing is my machine was made in 91. I just cant seem to get any power to the display or candle lights or anything else. The reels are STIFF on powerup however and everything else seems to be there, IE: I can unplug fuses and it turns stuff off and then plug them in and it turns it back on. But game is still inoperational, Display may flicker once then shut off on powerup, reels stiff not freespinning, nothing else working and a couple scenary lights do come on.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »
post some pictures of your board, especially the sp and ss chips.  pictures of the connections on the motherboard,

they have to be less than 1 meg in size.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 11:39:53 PM »
I dont know if my last post posted, These are pics below. I am currently researching more of how to get the display running to see if it is throwing any codes .

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 11:42:22 PM »
Couple more

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 11:43:51 PM »
Last but not least

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 06:53:14 AM »
You've posted a lot of pics ...that's good, but there's not one picture of the connectors going into the back of your display panel.  :scratch-head_2:

Turn on the power and post a pic of the display and deck buttons....front and back.

Would like to see what is coming on or not.

A short you tube video of you powering on the machine would be even better really.

What's your zip code?

Maybe a member lives near you and can come over to help ya?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 08:04:18 PM »
Zip code is 73162, I dont have bulbs in the front for insert coin denomination, etc. Display does not work, I think there may be a ground issue im not sure really. It sometimes flickers whenever powered on but doesnt stay on. I am confused as where to begin now that ive tried the simple fixes.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 09:15:14 PM »
Sounds like a power supply issue or a power pin in the harness that goes to the motherboard going bad.
Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the display connectors on the back of it?

There's 3 quick-blow fuses....check 'em.
From top to bottom...>>>
6Amp
8Amp
6Amp

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »
I have actually replaced the fuses with all 10 amp fuses , Have power to the reels and stuff turns on and off when i unplug and play with them. I do believe i need the denomination bulbs and maybe holders for the S+ machines i have some but theyre kind of tight fit. I also believe i have figured out why my lower cabinet light doesnt come on, Maybe the ballast is blown?? Or it could overall just be a part going out, I am kind of tight on money at the moment but willing to do a lot to get this thing up and running and the other one i got up and running but focusing on this one at the moment. I will post a youtube video tommorow when i have more time to make one on what powers up and what not also go through a tour of my machine itself.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 06:21:24 AM »
I have actually replaced the fuses with all 10 amp fuses...

Below is what will happen soon if you don't change the fuses to the correct specifications...>>>

:burningresistor:

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 11:53:31 AM »
Hmm, Thats where im clueless . Ive asked other people if the 10 amps fuses where ok and no one has said its not ok this would be the first, the amp rating on fuses is just the max amperage that can go through the fuse safely, If im not mistaken so I was assuming 6amp 8amp where good to use since they are under 10amp rating ? Unsure tho, Im being told alot of different mixed information.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 01:14:15 AM by OJanosikO »

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
Where can someone get the 6amp and 8amp fuses from a local supply chain or something?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 12:24:48 PM »
Amazon
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 06:23:19 PM »
All I really have access to right now is cash was hoping a hardware store would have em. Might just have to cut my losses and sell the machines for a quick buck.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 06:41:53 PM »
All I really have access to right now is cash was hoping a hardware store would have em. Might just have to cut my losses and sell the machines for a quick buck.

Did a quick check of HW stores in my are and availability is scattered all over the place but not too far from the area I'm in.  Also appear to be available at the nearest Home Depot.  Of course, YMMV...

Offline OJanosikO

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 07:43:54 PM »
I had found 2 of the old fuses I had replaced that still work 6amp and 8amp ,Plugged them back in and still the same power to the reels, Nothing else. Still need a 6amp fuse to replace the other 10amp I had put in. I have a Home Depot close to me I can go check out in the morning for more, does the voltage rating matter all I can find is 250v and does it matter if its an automotive fuse, dishwasher fuse, etc. I am trying to just get some sense of start up , power and play to know where to begin. I am no expert, But it does not seem like the fuses are the issue causing the machine to not power on fully and play right wether or not they are above amp rating or not. Same amperage, Same results, put a 10amp fuse in all holes after I read that the amp rating is just how much amps can pass thru safely Same result, Now im back to the same 6amp and 8amp fuses same result. Power to the reels. Nothing else except the light in the upper cabinet where the pay table is, and the upper light right above the 1,2,3 reels. Those are the only 2 lights that come on. If i play with the fuses I can turn stuff on and off. But no power to buttons nor display so i can figure out which code I need to reset.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 08:40:47 PM »
Same thing with your display, I thing you have a connector plugged into the wrong place on your motherboard. 
Don’t have clear picture of all the connections, maybe someone can post all the correct connections, especially if your machine has a bill unit, you don’t have anything plugged in J5 which is the input for the bill unit

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal