New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game Maker help please  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Stumped1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Stumped1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game Maker help please
« on: July 28, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »
I'm not sure what theses errors are. Hoping someone can help me. Graphics and saferam errors. I have an idea about the saferam fail but not the Graphics. It's complete nothing missing. Thank you
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 06:53:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
Re: Game Maker help please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:08:10 PM »
1 more photo
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 06:51:52 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »
Stumped1,

What is the battery voltage on the board?  What lead-up to this error?

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 06:49:20 PM »
Not quiet sure. All I have are the photos. I was gonna buy this but it's older and I can't seem to find any helpful information. I have to drive 4 hrs to pick it up and wanted to make sure it was worth it. I think someone tried to add more games and didn't have the correct chip to clear it. I'm just guessing though. I'm knew to this. Sorry I couldn't answer you correctly

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »
 Probably needs a battery and a ram clear.  If it's CHEAP it may be worth your effort.  But, with a 4hr travel time. I would personally pass on it.

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 08:16:35 PM »
 I think I'm going to pass on it. Mostly because I've searched online and just couldn't find much information. I'm new at working on them and it may need more knowledge than just a little. I do thank you.

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 08:53:05 PM »
Gamemakers are a great multi-game platform, some of my favorite games are GM and they are still readily available. I agree that this is highly likely to be a dead battery….but 4 hours of driving? Walk away.
If you run across another machine that is closer you do need a clear chip any time the battery dies, they are available on ebay.  The boards can be serviced too.

Chris

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 08:56:43 PM »
On the model what clear chip would I need and I've read where I may need another chip of some sort..lol I work long hours and days.  I don't know I may just get it and tinker. I could always use the parts on other machines if needed. Correct?

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 05:57:48 AM »
I have read that some newer models need two chips but I think you need to post a picture of the board to identify a model. I purchased both clear chips for mine but only ever used the reset chip.  Someone else might be able to tell by year. Browse through the Bally Gamemaker section, there might be a post focused on identifying.
I can’t help on identifying the 3-reel. I would create another post on it, that way if you get into tech assistance your conversations won’t get mixed.

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 06:02:17 AM »
Thank you, I've been reading the post. I believe I may need the 2 chips. I'll read more. I do appreciate all the advice. Thank you

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 06:17:43 AM »
Gamemaker usually needs just the Debug chip after battery change and then set the parameters. The 3 reel slot is a S+. Might only need the battery changed and reset.

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 06:22:21 AM »
I have everything for the 3 wheel. I just changed the battery and cleared the ram so it would work. Works beautifully. Im unsure on the game maker. But the only way to learn is to get one and tinker plus ask questions. Thanks very much

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 12:51:19 PM »
I would only buy the debug chip, as SunriseSide said that is usually all you need. I have never needed the other. However if you have a GameMaker you definitely need it to change games, denomination, hopper and/or BV.
Definitely post updates, we love to see progress plus it helps others in the future.

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 01:00:29 PM »
I will. I think this is a great site. I think I'm getting a.pretty.good deal $400 for both and the drive. I'll take your advice Chris cause for sure I'll definitely need help with the game maker. To cover my expenses I may seel the .25 triple double diamond. Idk I love hearing the rattle of a good win..lol..thank you bunches

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 08:54:18 PM »
I went a head and bought the game maker and the double diamond. Can't wait to dive in. However, the batteries are dead on both machines. Gonna test the hoppers next week. Need to get the chips to clear the ram. Thanks all

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 04:09:22 AM »
Thanks. Sorry for the mess up. Thanks Chris. Oops

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2022, 10:07:42 AM »
Working long days but I think this evening I'm gonna go to work on the Game Maker. Finally received the things in the mail to get started. I'll probably be posting and definitely will ask questions for help. Thank you and happy weekend

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »
Sounds fun.
Hopefully it will e pretty straight forward. Most of us had to do setup a few times our first round. Make sure you have your door switch type correct or it will not start up correctly.

Offline Stumped1

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 04:31:28 PM »
I was gonna mess with it but it was to hot. All the things are in my garage and i worked a long 12hr day..another day. Thanks for the advice

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 04:50:40 PM »
Certainly not a project for when you are mentally fatigued and in an uncomfortable environment.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal