New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 Dual Screen Games  (Read 32720 times)

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
BB1 Dual Screen Games
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »
Here is the list I know of, are there any others?

Cherry Bomb
Double Stampede Deluxe
Fun House
Goldfish
Hitchcock
Kahuna Kash
Love Boat
Match Game
Mermaids Gold
Monopoly Cash Flow
Password
Reel’em in Big Bass Bucks
Road to Riches
Supermarket Sweep
World Series of Poke
You Bet Your Life
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:11:10 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: BB1 Dual Screen Games
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »
MIB  and MIB2
Green Acres
Powerball
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline bpracer

• bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »
MIB  and MIB2
Green Acres
Powerball

Thank You,

Do you know what OS these 4 games run on?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
MIB  and MIB2
Green Acres
Powerball

Thank You,

Do you know what OS these 4 games run on?

Well, just to be clear Powerball and Green Acres are WAP games so I doubt you will have the hardware to play them in a home environment.

Men In Black and MIB2 uses SSOS 1221.  There is also a MIB4 that uses SSOS 1480
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »
Once around deluxe is not dual screen, it uses a special topbox with the gameboard.  You can use the tsetse flyboard to fool the game it has this topbox.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »
I tried a test today just for fun...might be of interest to those thinking about a BB1 dual screen machine but also might want a BB2 and / or building one.  Instead of investing in two machines you can have a both-in-one.  Basically what your seeing in the pics is a BB1 to BB2 conversion with 22" LCD monitors added to a modified cabinet and ready to play BB2 software on the added BB2 board.  I went with a standard Hot-Hot button deck, not OLED, in this case....didn't have time to test an OLED as the machine is shipping out tomorrow.

At any rate in the 3rd picture below you can see how you can locate the TSE-fly board in the middle cabinet instead of the top cabinet for easy access in swapping out software.  It would be a pain I think if you kept it in the top box since removing the top LCD is a bit cumbersome.  With that, just swap your BB2 board for a BB1 board (would it work with a BB2 board?...didn't have time to test that either).  Take the VGA cable from the top monitor and plug it into the TSE-fly board.  Install the software and your ready to go.  I had asked a few times in the past to others in the biz if it was possible to do this setup with these conversions and had been told it wouldn't work because of the screen ratios...so I was shocked to see it work.  I didn't test any other games, but since Mermaid works I would say its safe to say that Goldfish would also. Will the other titles on the list also work? ...seems like they would.  Sorry for the crappy video...just something quick from my mobile.

Test BB2

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:46:48 AM »
Any ideas on what 22" LCD monitors I should be looking for?

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:34 AM »
Any ideas on what 22" LCD monitors I should be looking for?

I'd first focus on getting a quality Dremel tool first as your going to need to be able / willing to cut up you BB1 cabinet and custom fabricate support brackets just to enable them to fit...and you'll be doing this for hours and hours and hours.  There are several other posts on that subject to learn about the can of worms you are opening with this project...custom cutting, custom harness, custom bezel, custom, custom, etc...  But in the end well worth it because you end up with a machine that's better quality than a used BB2 (still impossible to get) since you will have brand new monitors installed.

On the monitors I'm sure you will hear different opinions...but here are some options below that are in the excellent to not so good range.  We've done them all depending on our customers budget.

Ultimate Setup (160 degree view angle and pictured in above post):

Ceronix CPA 3079 (top monitor)
Ceronix CPA 3080 (bottom)

Acceptable

Ceronix CPA 3079 (top monitor)
Ceronix CPA 5095 (bottom)

Just Okay

Ceronix CPA 5094 (top monitor)
Ceronix CPA 5095 (bottom)

the El Crappo

NEC E223W (top monitor)
CPA 5095 (bottom)

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »
Jim, that is one fine looking machine!!!  :applause:    Can't wait to get my hands on it!!  :dancing_2: :24: :Crazy: :drool04:
Thanks for making it look so nice.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 08:56:04 AM »
I have "the El Crappo"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If I had to do it all over I would save up and do the wide view angle for the bottom monitor.  I don't really care about the top much since not much happens there most of the time other than the progressive display and the artwork.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
I tried a test today just for fun...might be of interest to those thinking about a BB1 dual screen machine but also might want a BB2 and / or building one.  Instead of investing in two machines you can have a both-in-one.  Basically what your seeing in the pics is a BB1 to BB2 conversion with 22" LCD monitors added to a modified cabinet and ready to play BB2 software on the added BB2 board.  I went with a standard Hot-Hot button deck, not OLED, in this case....didn't have time to test an OLED as the machine is shipping out tomorrow.

At any rate in the 3rd picture below you can see how you can locate the TSE-fly board in the middle cabinet instead of the top cabinet for easy access in swapping out software.  It would be a pain I think if you kept it in the top box since removing the top LCD is a bit cumbersome.  With that, just swap your BB2 board for a BB1 board (would it work with a BB2 board?...didn't have time to test that either).  Take the VGA cable from the top monitor and plug it into the TSE-fly board.  Install the software and your ready to go.  I had asked a few times in the past to others in the biz if it was possible to do this setup with these conversions and had been told it wouldn't work because of the screen ratios...so I was shocked to see it work.  I didn't test any other games, but since Mermaid works I would say its safe to say that Goldfish would also. Will the other titles on the list also work? ...seems like they would.

Found the topic Jim! Thanks..lol.

Great place to mount the TSE board as I was worried I would have to remove my monitor. Did you just move the SPN hardware to the shelf or was that machine configured for the SPN hardware to be mounted there?
-------
Charles

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
Correct...just shift it to the frame below so you have room to mount the fly board.  The only thing I would suggest to add to this setup to make it just a little more ultimate would be a VGA switch box.  This way you can quickly decide whether to feed your top monitor either from the main board or the TSE fly board without swapping around hookups with game changes.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
I once had those boxes VGA switches in my arcade cabinet and found out that they made the image look like crap and the image wasn't as bright. Did you get the same results with this?
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »
Yeah, the mechanical switch vga boxes are not all that good, it works, but the switch mechanism is not all that good.  There are VGA electronic switches, those are better, but then again, you are adding power to the box and it adds a bit of interference, but they are certainly better than the mechanical ones.  Here's one:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10106&cs_id=1010602&p_id=245&seq=1&format=2

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »

Cherry Bomb
Double Stampede Deluxe
Fun House
Goldfish
Hitchcock
Kahuna Kash
Love Boat
Match Game
Mermaids Gold
Monopoly Cash Flow
Password
Road to Riches
Supermarket Sweep
World Series of Poke
You Bet Your Life

Hi,
Do you or anyone else screen shot(s) of Monopoly Cash Flow? I can't seem to find it on You Tube
Thanks

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »

Cherry Bomb
Double Stampede Deluxe
Fun House
Goldfish
Hitchcock
Kahuna Kash
Love Boat
Match Game
Mermaids Gold
Monopoly Cash Flow
Password
Road to Riches
Supermarket Sweep
World Series of Poke
You Bet Your Life

Hi,
Do you or anyone else screen shot(s) of Monopoly Cash Flow? I can't seem to find it on You Tube
Thanks

See my post below.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:59:44 PM by bpracer »

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »

Cherry Bomb
Double Stampede Deluxe
Fun House
Goldfish
Hitchcock
Kahuna Kash
Love Boat
Match Game
Mermaids Gold
Monopoly Cash Flow
Password
Road to Riches
Supermarket Sweep
World Series of Poke
You Bet Your Life

Hi,
Thanks

I can load it on Sunday when I get home and post a screen shot.
Great, Thank you

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:25 PM »
Crappy cell phone pics but you get the idea.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures!! Is there a section in the game like in a bonus where the Monopoly Board
comes up and rolls the dice? I would like to find the Monopoly Game (if this is not the one) that has the Board and rolls the dice and moves the player(s) around the board.

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 05:20:59 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures!! Is there a section in the game like in a bonus where the Monopoly Board
comes up and rolls the dice? I would like to find the Monopoly Game (if this is not the one) that has the Board and rolls the dice and moves the player(s) around the board.

I have not had a chance to play it much but I don't think it has the dice like the Monopoly Once Around Deluxe which is also a BB1 game but it is server based and won't play stand alone from what I'm told.

I have sent you a PM.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal