**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGCA (aka IGI) Video Slots

Igi wild monkeys - CD-ROM verify error

<< < (6/6)

Supertech:
I'm just going to add some notes here for anyone else that's messing with one of these games ** For Home Use**  ...  I did this on QE2-N.

If you are the creative type and want to make your own custom slot theme based on one of the current paytables on the disk, this is how you'd accomplish it...

1. Familiarize yourself with the great Sticky written by MacGUYver, you'll need this knowledge for burning a new CD.
2. Pick one of the games in Powerpit to use as your base, I used Box Office Bucks.
3. Use your favorite photo editing software to make a new background, new symbols, etc... (I used Photoshop)
   - The symbols need to be .gif's and have a white background
   - Make sure everything is the same dimensions as the original (file size doesn't matter)
   - Save everything as exactly the same file names, and in the same locations

4. By far, the best option at this point is to go into the Powerpit folder, open up startx and edit it. Comment out the section on medium.verification, from the first "if" to the "fi".  This will stop the integrity check and the game will boot much faster.  I'd also suggest this for the other changes that could be made to the disk.

5. Follow the guide to burning a new disk and enjoy!

6. You still will need the password for whatever theme you pick, I wasn't able to get the multigame selector stuff to work in my revision.  I don't think the passwords are secret so I'll post up what I have later.

Side note, I tried to get the IGCA stuff to run from a hard drive unsuccessfully as well as a CF card. I'm sure there is a way, but for now CD's work.   

Hope this helps someone...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version