**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > CDS
CDS UV1510 "low battery" and "system error"
(1/2) > >>
shortrackskater:
I offered to look at a friends CDS dead Reel Deal Poker machine. At first, the machine booted up and displayed a low battery error. I removed the MPU, took out the 3v battery and  temporarily replaced it with the only 3v I had, which was too skinny. But a nickel worked to take up the space.
When I turned the machine back on, I got "system error." Then I realized I had not put the MPU cover back on, but got the same error. I took it back out and checked out the voltage of this "new" battery and it was 2.6v! (I'm only buying from sellers who put dates on the listing now)
So I just stuck the old battery back in but when I powered it up, I got the system error instead of the low battery error! Did I kill it?
In the meantime, the owner ordered a new battery. I think I may have flipped a flop or flopped a flip! I did read some threads on reset chips. Well I'll did back in the archives now while I wait.  :propeller:
shortrackskater:
I dug back in the archives and found a similar post saying I just need to initialize the machine after a battery replacement. I hope that's a easy thing to do.
UNIMAN:
I have a CDS Reel Deal poker machine. In storage right now, but a few years back I replaced the battery and then initialized the machine. It was easy. Can't remember exactly how it went but you turn the jackpot key and get the menus. Scroll the menus to the Initialize command.
If you need more help, post it and I'll pull my machine out of storage and refresh my memory on how it's done!

Should be no big deal.
CVslots:
Yes, turn the key towards you. But, first, you need to set the date, then go to Initialize (menu 6, I believe).
shortrackskater:
Thank you! I will report back soon as the battery arrives.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version