New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I have an IGT S+ running on aduino - finally  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
I have an IGT S+ running on aduino - finally
« on: August 13, 2019, 08:23:54 PM »
I set out to use an Arduino to replace the OEM electronics. I started with an IGT S+ and am starting on my IGT S2000 in the next couple of weeks. I finally got everything running for home use. The main reason - to make the machine do anything I wanted. I have control and can run every part of the machine. I concentrated on the machine functions for home use. I no not control the door switch(s), meters or any communication (will work those out later if needed). Everything else is running. Buttons, lights, reels, coin mechanism, hopper, segment displays, bill validator, slot handle, and sound.

The game functions as originally built except for the probabilities. I have it running randomly now with the symbols not weighted. 22 x 22 x 22 = 10,648 combinations.

This all started when a friend said he had a slot machine and liked playing it, but would like to see a jackpot in his lifetime. I told him I could make the machine do anything he wanted. I checked the internet and saw many questions on payouts and probabilities and the desire to change them. So here I am today sharing my project.

The S2000 is a diamond deluxe. I am going to add the symbol nudge and haywire features when I do that project.

I hope many of you would like to hear this can be done. I have future plans on making this available, if possible.

Responses would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline mikec200

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mikec200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: I have an IGT S+ running on aduino - finally
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:39:05 AM »
Tony,

I'd certainly like to see more details on what you've done.  I'm assuming when you say replaced the oem electronics you mean everything including the io boards, and are just controlling the various connected input and outputs with gpio pins, correct?

I can tell you there is an easier way to change the odds of an s2000 versus replacing the oem electronics from experience (and I don't mean selecting a different payback percentage from the prom, I mean changing it drastically)  but can't go into significant detail as discussing reverse engineering of the systems is frowned upon on the site based on what I've been told by a moderator after asking. However your approach does offer a novel solution that would be outside those restrictions.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:20:20 AM »
Mike,
Thanks for the response and info.  I was a bit worried about posting about this but assumed the approach was OK as I do not reverse engineer. 

You are correct on your assumption, I removed the main MPU board and tray, installed my mod in the tray and plug and play. This means the machine can be put back to original and the modded tray can be used in any S+.  With that said I figure the only limit to what can be done is only limited by imagination. My ultimate idea is to make it possible to change the game without using the OEM glass, strips and software. Most likely a pipe dream but possible.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline mikec200

• Reputation Power: 1
  • mikec200 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 10:04:42 AM »
Tony,

Very nice, like the plug and play nature of what you've been able to achieve.

Definitely not a pipe dream. Creating your own glass is certainly feasible.  As are reel strips.  The measurements for the proper spacing on reel strips I've seen posted before, and its just a matter of graphic artistry and printing. I've made some crude ones based on those measurements for my testing rig versus buying the actual ones and they work. There is a place that does the production folks have used and mentioned here.  As far as the software your well on your way it seems, and moving to virtual reels with the 22 physical stop actual reels is quite simple, with creating a parsheet to understand your new odds and simulating those out to 10million or more plays probably the harder task.  I've written my own simulations using actual game data and have results that fall in line with the manufacturers published numbers, so I can answer questions on that.

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 02:12:05 AM »
Nice work on this.  Can you post some pictures and a video of the setup, working, etc?
Let's do the same thing to my CDS machine..!    Would really like to see how you are controlling the steppers, lights, reading buttons, etc.
Are you bit banging the steppers?  Using drivers?    Does every button go to a GPIO pin or some sort of matrix that is read by a few pins?
How are you driving the lights?  Are they LEDs ?

Love the plug and play design too.

Yes!

Offline Kenokarz

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Kenokarz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 08:57:03 AM »
nice work keep us posted

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
Thanks guys.  Not gonna be much of an update. I did this back in 2019 when I got my 1st machine. Got it going and before I could start on the S2000 project I picked up a bunch of machines and parts and started repairing power supplies and helping members - I am swamped and now most of my day off time is getting rid of the machines and parts to make the Wife Happy. I am down to 14 machines ( started with about 6 got up to 16 at one point and I just can't stop getting ones that are too good to pass up - can someone just  :fryingpan:  :rotfl:

Anyway I may post the picture of the 1st iteration of the breadboard but haven't decided yet. I have a video of it 'working' doing 5 spins and last one is jackpot. Maybe post that somewhere but...

Haven't touched since 2019.  :dancing_2:

Still would like to do it up right and make it available as a subscription service or reprogram over the web to change the game when wanted. Time involved to do that may come after I retire in 2.5 years - or sooner if I don't make it past today.... and just leave.   :applause:
That would take me a lot of time for my ultimate system - lcd's instead of glass all around, reel symbols programmable....  just a lot of development and tons of time by myself.

Eddiie - Sent you the audio, board pic and video. That is for you.  :cool_thumb_up:

Anyway, loved doing it and it basically worked, needed some tweaks and improvements but it took bills, coins, played game, played tones (no wav file work done)  random pick of 22 x 22 x 22 symbols no weighing of symbols programmed, put credits on and all of that and hopper paid out, and hit the jackpot every 50 spins, (never got the beta done with family to see if that was worst than never seeing a jackpot LOL)

Later (maybe),

Tony
Tony

Offline CustomWebProgrammer

• Reputation Power: 0
  • CustomWebProgrammer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Automation Creations, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 07:34:27 AM »
Nice, Tony!
I LOVE the idea of pulling out all the old boards and going with a microcontroller as ubiquitous as the Arduino! 
It has been a while, at least one Covid ago, since your post -- so I'm wondering how you've faired: did you repeat the Arduino conversions on your other units to clear the basement? Can you post pics (inside & out)?
It's crazy that we're seing posts about EEPROMs loosing their code after  20-30 years.  The Arduino route is enviable.  Why not? Just motors & switches!  God Bless America!
Anyone else playing with a gut job like this?

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 09:21:39 AM »
Never got back to doing any more with the Arduino stuff. Been busy and lots of changes. More change now so we will see what the future holds. Have some great things I think could be done with the Arduino and slot machines. Who knows, maybe I'll look at that again. I may have a lot of free time on my hands in the future. Work some more or just retire? Thanks for your interest, and comments.
Tony

Offline CustomWebProgrammer

• Reputation Power: 0
  • CustomWebProgrammer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Automation Creations, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 12:38:59 PM »
Never got back to doing any more with the Arduino stuff. Been busy and lots of changes. More change now so we will see what the future holds. Have some great things I think could be done with the Arduino and slot machines. Who knows, maybe I'll look at that again. I may have a lot of free time on my hands in the future. Work some more or just retire? Thanks for your interest, and comments.

Sounds like you're thinking this could be a business opportunity versus a sharing opportunity.  I'd be interested either way.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 12:52:40 PM »
I made it so you can just swap in my stuff in place of the mpu/tray.  Machine can be put back to original by reinstalling original.  Arduino can be changed/reprogrammed easily- even remotely ...
Many possibilities open with that, both ways you mentioned.

I feel imagination is the only limit to the possibilities. 

PM me if you like.
Tony

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal