New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: progressive stand alone  (Read 3356 times)

Offline double Diamond

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • double Diamond New User has no influence.
  • NLG
progressive stand alone
« on: April 27, 2022, 03:34:18 PM »
 Progressive standalone unit. I need illustrated pictures on how to set this up on my S2000 machine.
From the forum. Anyone that knows how to set this up? Would give me information on How to set it up
 I have gotten this from bob from Samarron slots it has been a while he had installed one so am asking the Forum, but I don't see pictures of from the how to guides it's like they disappeared

Now I have been told. Bye, Bob. haven't   set one up in several years. Now he's telling me it had to be programmed. Buy a computer. Is this true? If it is true, how would I go by doing that? Can someone from the forum? Show me and detailed instructions how to do that. I also told him I wanted something simple to hook up.  :banghead:
I just need the type of plug on the J7 on this board so I can replace it with the one that fits I need the name because I don't want to pay big bucks $$$$for a right harness that I can $5.00 replace the plugs
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 02:13:40 PM by double Diamond »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: progressive stand alone
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »
Do you have the silver perforated power supply?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 04:28:19 PM »
Try this
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 04:44:47 PM »
Gray ribbon cable connects to the data input on the display. The long Red & Black twisted pair from the PS connects to the display power pins.
The twisted pair Purple & Black from the PS connects to the Mikohn board power pins.
The round gray cable connects from the Mikohn board to the bottom of the S2000 backplane.
The black PC power cord for the Mikohn PS connects down to the aux. 120 vac in the bottom of cabinet at the power dist.

I can get J connection numbers later if you need them as I'm not at my shop currently

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 09:46:45 AM »
are there any pictures on to hook up am pretty sure  i figure it out? the zip file that someone sent there's no pictures 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 02:17:42 PM »
I will get you pictures

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 02:48:32 PM »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 03:40:57 PM »
I will have the rest tomorrow

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 12:33:40 PM »
Ribbon cable from Mikohn board to display

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 12:45:13 PM »
Display ribbon and power

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 12:49:20 PM »
Mikohn board power

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:46 PM »
120VAC cord for Mikohn PS.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2022, 02:25:33 PM »
120VAC cord for Mikohn PS.

I have gotten my in the mail today only one thing this harness doesn't fit it won't work
 i need the right harness for this to fit this is a 5 plug now I don't know what to do

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 06:43:40 PM »
That is the wrong cable. I may have one.   Also, do you know if your Mikohn board has been programmed for your S2000? And you have to key the machine MPU to change settings so the progressive will increment.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2022, 06:56:46 PM »
That is the wrong cable. I may have one.   Also, do you know if your Mikohn board has been programmed for your S2000? And you have to key the machine MPU to change settings so the progressive will increment.

well, I kind of figured that bob told me that was the right cable, but he hasn't done one in many years    i don't know anything about these type cham 11 boards bob tells me this has to be programed on a computer or laptop what operating system is it window xp win 7 this true I want someone that's knows more about this stuff than i do

or can i change the plugs to 4 pin and a 6 pin

am not sure if it was programed am just finding this stuff out  i was wondering do i need a laptop to do this this is my first time dealing with stuff like this j7  pin on the board does anything have to be connected to it

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 03:45:11 AM »
Everything about this progressive you have from Bob is here.  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=32.0       You can connect everything you have now , on a bench, and turn it on . Just to see if it is a working unit.  The round gray cable is for data transfer between the Mikohn board and the S2000 backplane. Doesn't need to be connected to bench test it or for programming.  Yes you need XP or 7 laptop with a serial port and a modified serial cable. You will need to load the PSP program to your laptop from the download section here on NLG.   I do program these CHAMII+  units if you want to go that route. PM me if interested.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2022, 04:30:42 AM »
This is the post for setting up your Mikhon cham2+. You must read it if you expect to be able to get this thing working. It’s not hard but there are many steps. You will need an early windows laptop that can run a DOS program(psp) and that has a serial port to attach to the Mikhon unit.
Best part of these units is to be able to put a message along with the jackpot amount. They are fun to play with but there is a learning curve.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=739.msg2921#msg2921

I also highly recommend replacing the rechargeable Panasonic battery on the unit it’s a VL2330.
It is a rechargeable lithium battery and must be replaced with a rechargeable battery.(same battery in BMW key fobs.) This battery holds the information that must be programmed into the unit. If it goes dead you lose all of the programming from the psp.
A new battery will hold the information for months with the machine turned off. A dead one will hold less than two weeks.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2022, 09:04:36 AM »
Everything about this progressive you have from Bob is here.  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=32.0       You can connect everything you have now , on a bench, and turn it on . Just to see if it is a working unit.  The round gray cable is for data transfer between the Mikohn board and the S2000 backplane. Doesn't need to be connected to bench test it or for programming.  Yes you need XP or 7 laptop with a serial port and a modified serial cable. You will need to load the PSP program to your laptop from the download section here on NLG.   I do program these CHAMII+  units if you want to go that route. PM me if interested.

I don't have that kind of money. To program it. Can I also change the plugs? The plug that it's on. Got bored. I do not know what type it is. How would I download the program? That means I would have to get an old laptop with Windows. XP or Windows 7. What is the best? Operating system. To program. These units with I have never done this before. Now I have to find a serial cable. Because I really, really live on disability income. I haven't had a job in many years. If I were known this, I would never buy this off of Bob. I would try to find a a spectrum display. Something simple to hook up. I was wondering anybody from the forum would have a spectrum display. or I can replaced  the plugs  what type of  plugs is used for  J7  on the board  I can probably get it on mouser
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 09:49:08 AM by double Diamond »

Offline double Diamond

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2022, 11:50:38 AM »

how much do you charge for programing this unit   what is the type  of the plug on the J7   so i can replace? it  or how much do you want for the harness 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal